• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Reason That God Will Allow Tribulation of The Saints

• Members

[quote="heartstrings"]So, What is it you are trying to teach with this "tribualtion is not wrath" ?
Are you trying to say that the rapture is not pre-tribulational?
If you are, you are wrong.[/quote]
We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
God's wrath is for the unrightous.

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Daniel and Revelation are clear the Tribulation are God's wrath. It will make todays world look like a cake walk.

If you think your Father in Heaven will kill you with His judgements, you dont now him that well.

Parents dont kill thier kids.

• Members

The people this [quote]Satan's wounded head is healing if it's not healed already. Great Tribulation is coming and there will be no place to run. Isn't it strange that it is the Western Church that believes it will be taken before they have to contend unto blood?[/quote]
was written to had not suffered unto blood yet. The author of the book said that Christ had suffered unto blood. It didn't say they would, it said they hadn't.

Who says that we believe the church will be raptured just so that we can avoid chastisement? Do you forget that Christ, the author and finisher of my faith took my chastisement upon Himself? My sins are under the blood of the Holy, perfect Savior. My penalty has been paid.

My works will be tried in heaven, but my sins are under the blood of Christ.

Or is His blood insufficient?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

[b]IF[/b] there is no pre-tribulation rapture, and believers will have to go through, why is it unbelievable to think that God would not supernaturally aid believers? Just as God did not keep Israel from the troubles in Egypt, but kept them through the troubles of Egypt. The tribulation is a time for God to bring trouble on the the unbelieving world, not believers. There is scripture to indicate the beleivers don't go out until the end before God pours out His wrath without admixture of mercy.

[color=#0000FF]Mat 24:29

• Members

Pre-Trib is not a new teaching. It might have been popularized in the 19th century - but it wasn't invented then.

Don't confuse the tribulation (the time of Jacob's trouble and time of God pouring His wrath out upon the whole world) with tribulation (troubles) in general. They are not the same. God has promised to deliver His church from that time of wrath - that means we won't be here, not that we will be here but protected during it.

• Members

Jerry you said:

Pre-Trib is not a new teaching. It might have been popularized in the 19th century - but it wasn't invented then.

Could you please show us it's origins? This isn't a loaded question, I know what I believe, I have researched it and it's inception was in a kooky pro-catholic cult in the late 1800's. I would be interested to learn otherwise.

• Members

Brethren, I would love to be wrong, but the 21st century church had better ready herself if I am not. If one absolutely refuses to consider what the fathers of the faith taught before the new teaching of pre-trib rapture, there are going to be a great many who will not know that this great new politician with ALL the right answers is really Antichrist. Why? Because they have to go before this all comes (they think.) If I'm wrong, in eternity we can all say, "Ben, you were way off, brother." and laugh because we will have perfect knowledge then. But, if I am right, the weak and carnal church of the 21st century is going to crumble only to reveal the REAL Bride of Christ.

Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
:amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen::amen:

Amen PreacherBen, amen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The teaching did not appear in the protestant church before the ealy 1800s. in the Irvingite movement. It was picked up from them by J N Darby and spread by his Brethren movement in the U.K. and in the US by Scofield.

• Members
Jerry wrote:

Don't confuse the tribulation (the time of Jacob's trouble and time of God pouring His wrath out upon the whole world) with tribulation (troubles) in general. They are not the same. God has promised to deliver His church from that time of wrath - that means we won't be here, not that we will be here but protected during it.

:goodpost::amen:

As for the origin of pretribulation rapture, its in the Bible, not some study notes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Brother Truthseeker the brother said:

Thats a good point when you said, " Ask yourself.....when the Antichrist is controlling the earth, if the saints are here then, do you honestly believe they would be complacently "sleeping". No sir, they would be running for their lives from the most horrible persecution ever seen."

To which you replied:

That would be insanely un-imaginable.

Actually if (and I have reason to believe we will,) we go into the first part of the tribulation, it will not be a time of horrible persecution. The first part of the tribulation in NOT a time of God's wrath, but a time to set all things in place for the final battle or the Great tribulation. God has promised he did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation. The tribulation is a time for God to bring punishment into the life of those who blashpheme the Lamb of God, not his children.

I believe the scripture teaches without a doubt that God will, by his Spirit, let his children know what is going on because are not like those who sleep, that is, those who are alive, but spiritually have their eyes closed and do not comprehend what is going on around them.

Truely saved people will not be in complacency, but awake (or awakened,) and active in this most pivitol time in earth's history. This is why the Lord said to watch and be ready.

:goodpost::amen:

As for the origin of pretribulation rapture, its in the Bible, not some study notes.

:goodpost: Thanks, Jerry and deputydog for saying this about the Bible. Everything is in the KJVO, that we need to know, not some "study notes" that some man has made up. :amen:

The truths are in the KJVO. :thumb

• Members

Well, if we were to be honest, all the things we are discussing here are ALL in the KJVO, as well as in somebodies study notes. It it is a topic, somebody has written study notes whether it is pretrib, mid trib, pre-wrath, post trib, or what ever. This point, "As for the origin of pretribulation rapture, its in the Bible, not some study notes." neither validates nor negates the teaching of pretrib rapture or any other theory. I am a KJVO and have come to the conclusion the rapture is located somewhere else besides pretrib. This does not put believers in the path of God's wrath, nor does it deny loving the glory of His appearing.

Here is a point to consider. If we are KJVO, why do we call it the rapture anyway? The term "rapture" comes from the Latin Vulgate, a version we wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. The Bible (KJVO) calls it other things:

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 14:14