• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

dmedicinus

Does Modesty change with the culture?

My position on women wearing pants... I prefer skirts because they are distinctly feminine.  I do see that culturally modern Americans identify women as feminine in pants.  If we agree to disagree on that aspect, what pants are modest and which are not... what determines modesty Biblically?  Back when I was growing up tight pants were immodest, now they are the norm.  Is modestly culturally dependant? 

Since clothes are dependent on culture. so to an extent is modesty. With that said. we are living in a very immodest world 

I don't believe Biblical modesty changes. Some pants are modest, some are immodest. Some skirts/dresses are modest, some are immodest. What I think changes is our acceptability to certain things. Culture will always change, but sin will always be sin. 

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.