• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Moderators

Remember my location: "Under a Rock but Crawl Out Occasionally", or in other words: I've always been too busy with the ministry the Lord had me in to get out much. So, I had heard somewhere about an Eric Capaci and got the impression he was somewhat known with Independent Baptists?????

Anyway, I was calling for meetings in Arkansas and left a message on his voice mail at Gospel Light Baptist Church in Hot Springs. I read something this week saying that he was dabbling around SBC ministries and events.

FWIW, if anyone is wondering if there's any truth to that - I just got off the phone with him (I must give him credit for returning my call, over 3/4 of pastors DO NOT!!!!!!! I know several missionaries who can concur to that. As a pastor I made it a point of being courteous enough to return those calls because it's the right thing to do!)

Back on track - he told me "we are Southern Baptist and though we do support some missionaries who are not SBC most of our missions work is through the Convention."

So, there's no question, he is upfront about their current status as an SBC church and College.

• Members

Many years ago, so many years that I had forgotten what year, I visited with Pastor Eric Capaci  at Gospel Light Baptist Church in Hot Springs, AR at the church  and met some of his staff. I did not have a meeting with the church but I was just in the area and wanted to ask him personally for a meeting. At that time, he was, to my knowledge, IFB, had a very active soul-winning ministry and a lighthouse for the gospel in the Hot Springs area. As a missionary, I was well treated, his staff showed me the ministry,  and I was afforded every courtesy as a missionary. It saddens me to know that he is in the SBC.

Edited by Alan
added a phrase

• Members

Wasn't he associated with meetings with Doug Fisher, Paul Chappel, etc?

I am sure I was given a CD set of some preaching meetings with a bunch of "big name" preachers, and I am pretty sure that name was among them.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DaveW said:

I am sure I was given a CD set of some preaching meetings with a bunch of "big name" preachers, and I am pretty sure that name was among them.

He graduated from Hyles Anderson. That isn't meant to be derogatory in any way - I simply mean by it that he likely knew/knows a number of what you refer to as "big name" preachers as a result. 

• Moderators
On 8/16/2019 at 7:50 PM, DaveW said:

I heard him preach at Lighthouse some years back; seemed solid but over the last few years I know I began to hear some troubling issues about him. Guess he is sliding away.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I am a 2007 graduate of Champion Baptist, before all the changes. I admit that at first I questioned and struggled with the changes I had seen and heard about. Then I started praying, which I should have been doing in the first place. The Lord lead me to a better understanding that His will for our lives and ministry don't always come in a cookie cutter pattern.  From what I can see Eric Capaci is still preaching the Gospel and people are being saved. It is not my place to judge if he feels the Lord is leading in this way. It is my place to pray for him and let God do His work in and through him.