• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A campaign of flip flops

• Members

Barack Obama has changed his position on gun control, over the Iraq war, over campaign financing, and on energy production. Wesley Clark's criticism against John McCain's war record is an abomination in the sight of the Lord. General Wesley Clark continues to criticize John McCain for his service in the military for his country. General Clark and John Kerry need to put up or shut up if they can not come with anything better in their criticism of a great American patriot. Go McCain! Get out and vote in November!

• Members

I don't think McCain will be a good leader but I think Obama is from the pit...so...will be voting McCain. The media is trying real hard to win this election for Obama. I do wish we had somebody a little more "personality" for the Republican nominee so we would have a chance this November.

• Members

John McCain hasn't the brains God gave a sheep. I don't want to vote for him or Obama. McCain is a liberal and Obama is more liberal...I don't want to vote in November but I know it is my duty as an American.

• Administrators
John McCain hasn't the brains God gave a sheep. I don't want to vote for him or Obama. McCain is a liberal and Obama is more liberal...I don't want to vote in November but I know it is my duty as an American.

That first statement isn't true, you know. He really is a smart man. And he's not as liberal as people want to paint him. Is he conservative? Not as much as I am - but I am so conservative, most people think I'm radical! :lol:

The ACU gives him an 85% rating, which is not that great, but not horrible. He is actually considered conservative, but not a conservative. It is too bad we don't have a great person running. Ron Paul has some good ideas, but I really think that most Americans wouldn't be able to handle what he wants to do, and anarchy would result because it would be too much, too soon. *sigh* Oh, for a George Washington....

• Members

Both McCain and Obama have proven themselves to be typicaly politicians interested in their own personal interests rather than in what is best for the nation.

Both have flip-flopped on various issues; both have lied; neither is a conservative; neither will uphold the Constitution; neither will end abortion; neither will steer this country back towards a Christian, conservative or constitutional foundation. Both will continue leading America away from God and the conservative, constitutional basis which once made America a shining light.

• Administrators

I just wanted to throw this in, John - I agree with your statements to a point, but regarding abortion - no president can end it. He may introduce amendments, and he may campaign for it, but it isn't his choice. Even Ron Paul couldn't. All they can do is try to appoint SCOTUS justices who will revert abortion rights to the states...and then it would be up to the states. And, as we have seen in the past, there is no guarantee that conservative presidential SCOTUS appointees will truly be conservative, constitution believers!

• Members

There are many things a president could do to help bring about the end of abortion yet they fail to do so.

The president has what is called the "bully pulpit" at his disposal. He can use this to bring much pressure to get something done about abortion yet neither of these two will.

The president, as head of his Party, has the opportunity to rally like-minded members in congress to his side and then to push for action against abortion.

The president has the power of the veto he can use to derail various measures uncooperative congressmen desire.

There area wide variety of other means the president could use to bring about pressure to end abortion but so far none of the supposed pro-life presidents have been willing to do this and neither will Obama or McCain.

• Administrators
There are many things a president could do to help bring about the end of abortion yet they fail to do so.

The president has what is called the "bully pulpit" at his disposal. He can use this to bring much pressure to get something done about abortion yet neither of these two will.

The president, as head of his Party, has the opportunity to rally like-minded members in congress to his side and then to push for action against abortion.

The president has the power of the veto he can use to derail various measures uncooperative congressmen desire.

There area wide variety of other means the president could use to bring about pressure to end abortion but so far none of the supposed pro-life presidents have been willing to do this and neither will Obama or McCain.

That's just it, though. The POTUS can talk - but he cannot take any real action on his own, other than the veto. Clinton had the chance to veto partial birth abortion and didn't do it because he isn't anti-abortion. I do believe that Dubya would have if it had happened during his term. I'm sure Obama wouldn't, but can't say the same for McCain, because he is pro-life. Reagan would've, too. But again, they are limited in what they can actually do, other than talk. And boy are they all good at that!

• Members

If a president joined with the like-minded members of congress and stood firm, demanding action on abortion and worked relentlessy against those who fought against him by refusing to sign any legislation that had any of their pet projects in them, there could be a breakthrough to one extent or another.

It's not that presidents don't have the influence or even the power to get anything done about abortion, it's that they don't even try. They will fight tooth and nail over some things but when it comes to abortion they don't even take their hands out of their pockets. :sad

• Members

[quote="Ron"]when i first read the title of this post, i thought this thread was gonna be about footwear! lol :tum[/quote]

I suppose if we had to we could discuss the high number of people that now attend church wearing flip-flops...both women AND men! :tum

• Members

[quote]That's just it, though. The POTUS can talk - but he cannot take any real action on his own, other than the veto. Clinton had the chance to veto partial birth abortion and didn't do it because he isn't anti-abortion. I do believe that Dubya would have if it had happened during his term. I'm sure Obama wouldn't, but can't say the same for McCain, because he is pro-life. Reagan would've, too. But again, they are limited in what they can actually do, other than talk. And boy are they all good at that![/quote]

The president has enormous power to influence and change laws if he actually has a "cause" and fervently desires to do so. This power is even greater if a significant percentage of the people back him. This is true regardless of courts. I believe that America, in spite of becoming more and more liberal in many areas, is *almost* ready to decide that the pain of abortion upon the nation conscience is too great. All it would take is a president willing to dedicate his term in office to the cause of actually ending abortion instead of merely giving occasional lip service while failing to act as if he really felt thousands of people were losing there lives from this daily. Sadly, even few Christians act as if they truly believe that. This government sanctioned murder is the most disgusting blot ever to defile our national character. Any president who fails to throw every power at his disposal into ending it will have inoccent blood on his hands. America needs to remember this:

"2 Kings 24: 3-4 Surely at the commandment of the LORD came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; And also [u]for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which the LORD would not pardon.[/u]"

Surely Israel as the apple of Gods eye was more to him than America, yet when they murdered masses of children God would not pardon them. His justice demanded judgement.

• Members

[quote="Revelation3:20"][quote]That's just it, though. The POTUS can talk - but he cannot take any real action on his own, other than the veto. Clinton had the chance to veto partial birth abortion and didn't do it because he isn't anti-abortion. I do believe that Dubya would have if it had happened during his term. I'm sure Obama wouldn't, but can't say the same for McCain, because he is pro-life. Reagan would've, too. But again, they are limited in what they can actually do, other than talk. And boy are they all good at that![/quote]

The president has enormous power to influence and change laws if he actually has a "cause" and fervently desires to do so. This power is even greater if a significant percentage of the people back him. This is true regardless of courts. I believe that America, in spite of becoming more and more liberal in many areas, is *almost* ready to decide that the pain of abortion upon the nation conscience is too great. All it would take is a president willing to dedicate his term in office to the cause of actually ending abortion instead of merely giving occasional lip service while failing to act as if he really felt thousands of people were losing there lives from this daily. Sadly, even few Christians act as if they truly believe that. This government sanctioned murder is the most disgusting blot ever to defile our national character. Any president who fails to throw every power at his disposal into ending it will have inoccent blood on his hands. America needs to remember this:

"2 Kings 24: 3-4 Surely at the commandment of the LORD came this upon Judah, to remove them out of his sight, for the sins of Manasseh, according to all that he did; And also [u]for the innocent blood that he shed: for he filled Jerusalem with innocent blood; which the LORD would not pardon.[/u]"

Surely Israel as the apple of Gods eye was more to him than America, yet when they murdered masses of children God would not pardon them. His justice demanded judgement.[/quote]

:amen: :goodpost:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If I wanted to call one of these two "stupid", I wouldn't pick McCain to do so. At least he can speak with a teleprompter or two around, and he actually means what he says.

I'd say I'm "to the right" of both of them, but McCain is slightly right-of-center, while Barack Hussein Obama is as far left as they get. McCain. :cool