• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:CCM Philosophy Spreading Among Independent Baptists

• Members
This is a shortened edition of a previous report by this same title.
In recent days I have warned about the “adaptation” of Contemporary Christian Music at independent Baptist churches and schools.
This is going on widely, but even more serious than the “adaptation” of the contemporary music is the adaptation of the contemporary philosophy . Of course, the two go hand-in-hand, which is why contemporary music brings such radical and rapid changes to churches.
I trust that church leaders will heed our warning and renounce the following philosophies. Every fundamental Baptist church and school today needs to have a top to bottom review of what is being taught and what is not being taught, of what is being emphasized and not emphasized. Every teacher should be vetted so that no foreign philosophy is creeping in.
I am convinced that every Independent Baptist church that refuses to plainly and boldly and unhesitatingly renounce both the music and the philosophy
.. Read More

View the full article