• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Commandments/Bible

Guest Patrick Price

Guest Patrick Price

Hello everyone its great to see you guys disciple me and give me the opportunity to ask help with questions I have. 

I have 2 questions, 

1. Jesus says in John 14:15(KJV) If you love me keep my commandments . But we have a sinful nature, what does it mean keep commandments? Is he talking about the 10 commandments or sin itself?Since we have sinful nature do we need to achieve sinless perfection or try to aim for it if we love jesus ,  if we sin does it mean we do not love him ?

2. When i first started reading the bible I had tears cause it was so powerful, now that I am maturing I do not cry and just read it? Is this normal?, like the crying went away now its just causal? I am living a sinful lifestyle,  could this be the reason i cant cry anymore??

• Members

Yes, if you are walking in sin - then you are not walking in love with the Lord. You are backslidden and have left your first love.

But Jesus was talking about more than just the 10 commandments - anytime you know what God wants you to do and don’t do it, you are sinning against the Lord. James 4:17.

P.S. If you are living a sinful lifestyle, then you are not maturing as a believer!!