• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Doomsday Vault

• Members
http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/177/doomsday_vault

Anyone else heard of this? This is the first time I've heard of it.

It's located some 700 miles from the North Pole, buried hundreds of feet deep in rock and ice, safe and secure from intruders, natural disasters and even military attack! What's inside? Hundreds of millions of seeds from more than 100 countries, all assembled and kept safe to protect the world's fragile food supply.

• Administrators

Hmmm, no I've never heard of it either. Wonder who will administer the seeds if it comes down to their being needed. And are they the kind that can be regrown (most likely they are). Interesting that someone would have come up with this idea! But I sure wouldn't want to live there!

• Members

Yes, I've heard of this before.

Just another attempt by man to control the future that he won't be able to control. If there were a worldwide disaster human history teaches that whoever controlled the seeds would likely be biased in what they did with the seeds and would likely be corrupted by the power of having such control.

There are various "vaults" around the world containing similar things as well as vast stores of records, weapons, precious metals, etc.

• Members

There are actually several of these scattered out around the world in various participating countries. We were ask a few years ago to donate seeds off of one of our heritage wheat crops. I would have to go digging and find the thank you they sent us to be sure, but I think our seeds ended up in a storage facility in South Africa.

C

• Members

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, realizing there is always a story behind the story, I wonder what is promoting these people to do this.

Could it be their fears of Nibiru (aka Planet X::: The Planet of the Crossing) that is supposedly scheduled to intercept our earth's orbit in 2012??? The gov't leaders also know that the Yellowstone caldera (aka supervolcano) is sitting on very unstable ground and a severe and unnatural gravitational attraction to earth could upset it which would trigger all manner of calamities. Yellowstone is not the only caldera to watch, either.

Planet X has a period of 3,600 years by which the Mayans set the calendar.

Supposedly, when Nibiru intercepts our orbit it effects earth for 4 months, and is in earth's proximity for 120 degrees of orbital revolution, or 1/3 of the year.

An interesting discussion would be how much you think the earth would be affected by the eruption of just one caldera. :eek