• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Mystery of the Triune Godhead [ONE]

• Members

Hello Family of God,

(Parentheses) within Bible passages cited are used to expound on the word/s in [brackets] which precede the parentheses. ALL CAPS are used for double emphasis; this is my way of saying, "It says what it says, and it means what it means." The Bible is self-explanatory (i.e., "the best defense of Scripture is Scripture itself") in its interpretation (i.e., "the perspicuity of Scripture"), but even to this day, we find unnecessary criticism from Biblical "scholars" and theologians alike. According to these "brilliant" minded men and women, they ask, "hath God said?" (cf. Gen. 3:1-5; Lev. 18:22; Isa. 66:1-2; Rom. 1:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:9-11; 15:3-4; 2 Cor. 5:17-21; Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 5:3-5; 1 Tim. 1:9-10; 2 Pet. 1:3; Jude 7).

I tried to post this in a sermon entry, but there were some technical issues which arose from the "other side" -- so I will be posting it here. This message may be "cut off" due to the Devil and his victims under his control through his sphere of influence operating in their minds. The Doctrine of the Triune God is being attacked more than ever today by televangelists and hirelings in the church visible. I will tearing down these strongholds which the Adversary has been at hard work.

"And without controversy great is [the mystery of godliness] (Grk. to tes eusebeias musterion; i.e., "The Revelation of God in Christ disclosed within the pages of Holy Scripture"): God was [manifest] (Grk. phaneroo; i.e., "The Incarnation of the Eternal Son of God") in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." (1 Timothy 3:16)

The Doctrine of the Trinity (i.e., "The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit" as ONE in BEING; He is the One True and Living God) has been slandered by the unregenerate as polytheistic, heretical, an invention of man, and even stated as being demonic in origin. I will first begin by explaining in a nutshell what the Trinity is NOT; I will also be providing Irrefutable arguments to destroy every argument that raises itself against the knowledge of God; and we are all obligated to defend its Truth from all false teachings that raises itself against the knowledge of God, and to do so with the right spirit (cf. 2 Cor. 10:4-5; 2 Tim. 2:15, 24-25; 3:16; 4:1-5; Tit. 1:9; 1 Pet. 3:15). Below are a list of false doctrines and heresies that have been taught throughout church history in Christendom.

• - Arianism (aka "Nontrinitarianism"; i.e., "Jesus Christ is a creation of God, and not the Creator").
  • - Modalistic Monarchianism (aka "Oneness Christology; Modalism; Sabellianism").
  • - "Christian" Science (the fact that "Christian" and "Science" do not go together is an oxymoron; thus their "god" is NOT the God Revealed in Holy Scripture).
  • - The "god" of Mormonism (i.e., "a" god, and NOT [the] God of True Christianity).
  • - New Age God/Pantheism (this belief refutes itself).

The listed above are all doctrines of demons (lit., "doctrines taught by demons"), and they were given through "epiphanies" (i.e., "willing or unwillingly human conduits") to unregenerate men and women who didn't take the time necessary to study the Scriptures with due diligence. As a result of their utter failure to take heed to the Command to be found as a workman approved by God, these lying spirits from the kingdom of darkness were given permission to deceive these men and women by using them as a mouthpiece to disseminate their demon doctrines (cf. 1 Kgs. 22:21-23; Matt. 12:43-45; 1 Tim. 4:1; 2 Tim. 2:15; Rev. 16:13-14).        

Arianism:

Arius was an elder at Baucalis (c., 250-336), where our beloved brother Mark was martyred; and this is where the demons taught the ancient heresy of Arianism through the mouth of this heretical priest. He taught that our Lord Jesus Christ was a creature who was "begotten" by His Father at some point in time; at the same time, Arius believed that Christ was God the Son, and thus also God. Anyone with a modicum of common sense would tell you that God does NOT come "into" being. The Jews clearly understood that if someone declared themself to be the "son of" someone, he possessed the same [nature] as his father.

"And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, [MY FATHER] (Grk. ho pater mou, lit., "my own Father", and not "our Father" cf. Matt. 6:9) worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, [The Son can do nothing of himself], but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise." (John 5:16-19)

The Son can do NOTHING of Himself; this does not suggest that Christ has no power apart from His Father, but that they are ONE in Works, Sovereignty, Authority, Perfect Judgment, and Equal Honor; see Jn. 5:17-23). Although God's act of [Creation] ended after the sixth day, He continues His work by sustaining all thngs in existence ( cf. Jer. 10:12; Matt. 10:29-30; Rom. 1:20; Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:2-3).

"Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. And Thomas answered and [said unto him], [My Lord and my God] (Grk. ho kurios mou kai ho theos mou)." (John 20:27-28)

Thomas replied to JESUS ("unto Him"), and not to BOTH the Son (My Lord) and the Father (My God); and this isn't a reaction of surprise either (e.g., "oh my goodness!"), for such a response, if it were to be the case, would warrant a stern rebuke from Jesus Himself. Anyone who interprets this passage using the faulty eisegesis mentioned is obviously lying through their teeth, or had never been trained in New Testament Greek at all.

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of [the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ] (Grk. tou megalou theou kai soteros Iesou Christou); Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2:11-14)

Once again, anyone trained in basic New Testament Greek would know of the Granville Sharp rule: When two nouns are used to describe a person, and the two nouns, which are not proper names (e.g., "John, Matthew, Peter") are joined by the copulative (i.e., "and"); and the first noun has the definite article (i.e., "the"), while the second noun does not, BOTH nouns are referring to the SAME person.

Edited by *Light*

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The doctrine of the Holy trinity is easily seen in the story of Jesus' baptism, where Jesus is, of course, physically present, the HOLY SPIRIT arrives in the form of a dove, and a voice FROM HEAVEN booms down. Thus, we see all 3 Personages of the one Godhead physically separate from one another.

And, of course, Jesus PRAYED many times, & He also said, "My Father is greater than I".(John 14:28)