• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Book of Psalms

Guest User001

Guest User001

In Psalm 11:5 (KJV), it says "The Lord Trieth righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Obviously John 3:16 teaches for God so loved the world.

2 questions what does it mean violence, I personally like violent video games and action movies so does that mean god hates me . What does it mean violence?? 

And what does Trieth righteous me in that verse ???? 

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Psalm 11:5 (KJV) The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

I guess you answered your own question. If you love the violence in violent video games, then you are either a carnal believer or unsaved. When the Lord tries you and sees that you take pleasure in what He is against, then He cannot take pleasure in you. He hates your sin - and if your lifestyle, imagination, heart desires, etc. is reflective of your spiritual condition, then He very well may hate you (ie. if you are unsaved and living in rebellion to the Lord and His Word).

If you profess to be saved, then you should desire the things of God, you should desire to please Him in the way you live, in what you take pleasure in (even in regards to your entertainment). If not, then you are telling on yourself.

Hebrews 12:14 (KJV) Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: