• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:John Macarthur and Cultural Liberalism

• Members
This is a warning about the dangerous waters of evangelicalism and the fact that many fundamental Baptists are building bridges to these waters.
Recently I received an e-mail from a father who said that his church has begun using John MacArthur’s material for Sunday School. He asked, “Should a parent like myself be concerned?”
I replied: “I would be extremely concerned if a church started using MacArthur's material. Not only is he a staunch Calvinist who believes that one must be born again in order to believe, but he is a worldly rock & roll evangelical..
Read More

View the full article

• Members
11 hours ago, Salyan said:

David Cloud isn't wrong... but he's got to update his information. The Resolved Conference closed its doors in 2012.

?

The original article was published in 2012, so....

I have noticed that many times such articles are "re-posted". 

That means that while the info is good, some is outdated, as you say.

Funny that you said 2012, and it was that same year he wrote it......

As to the subject, I know of a few men over here who have separated from the rest of the IFB in our city and are now following MacArthur. Still call themselves independent Baptist, but have gone modern music only, modern versions, and I don't know what else.

One of them is a full on Calvanist.