Jump to content
  • Welcome to Online Baptist

    Free to join.

Totoosart

Online Baptist KJV BIble College / University

Recommended Posts

Good morning, and kind greetings all ūüôā

 

i was reading this prayer from our Lord just now and something occurred to me, this is the prayer:

Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed be Thy name

Thy kingdom come Thy will be done In Earth, as it is in heaven

i try to say this prayer every morning, i miss it sometimes, but i try to pray every morning.

Anyhow, as i was praying this morning, i went through this prayer, automatically, and without any feeling, then i said to myself, what's the use? read again.

And i did, and as i read it again, it occurred to me that 'Earth' is not the Earth we all live on, but my heart.

It was always a question, being a language teacher, 'in' Earth, you see, rather than 'on'!

i guess i've got my answer to that this morning, thanks to and praise the Lord.

i just felt happy and thought i'd share it with you wonderful people.

 

Have a blessed day and remember me in your kind prayers, i am not worthy, but you are kind ūüôā

Totoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just try to remember that this "model prayer" was given as an example, it was not meant to be repeated by rote. Jesus gave us this so that we would understand the things our own personal prayer should contain. Our prayers should be personal and unique to our life and situations and walk with our God, not just something to be repeated over and over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Just try to remember that this "model prayer" was given as an example, it was not meant to be repeated by rote. Jesus gave us this so that we would understand the things our own personal prayer should contain. Our prayers should be personal and unique to our life and situations and walk with our God, not just something to be repeated over and over again.

 

Dear Jim,

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Yes, i do not know how to pray, so i have been very happy to learn it from the Lord Himself.

What you say seems very reasonable, i hope i will learn.

i hope you will receive all you desire from the Lord.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been several years since I last posted or commented on these discussion boards. I find it necessary to comment on this discussion because I am troubled by the lack of warning about those who promote false doctrine. The OP (Totoosart) ask about a Bible study course from "Tomorrow's World" and (as far as I can tell) no one warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. It only took me a few moments to discover the truth about "Tomorrow's World." What is your excuse for not exposing error and false doctrine?

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/connect/about

https://www.lcg.org/about-us

https://www.lcg.org/official-statement-fundamental-beliefs

Edited by brosmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brosmith, I do not think any "excuse" is needed from anyone. First of all understand that this is a general message board, not a church. The members here are probably all at different levels of learning and walks with God. Some may never even have head of Herbert W. Armstrong, therefore would not even know to warn anyone about him.

If you took the time to do a search of this message board I think you would find strong warnings against false teachers of every kind. In a brief search I found three pages of such warnings, many against Herbert W. Armstrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brosmith said:

It has been several years since I last posted or commented on these discussion boards. I find it necessary to comment on this discussion because I am troubled by the lack of warning about those who promote false doctrine. The OP (Totoosart) ask about a Bible study course from "Tomorrow's World" and (as far as I can tell) no one warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. It only took me a few moments to discover the truth about "Tomorrow's World." What is your excuse for not exposing error and false doctrine?

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/connect/about

https://www.lcg.org/about-us

https://www.lcg.org/official-statement-fundamental-beliefs

wow

Just....wow

Edited by weary warrior
Post was too sharp...it's not necessary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet, and yet...

NN did warn him by this statement:  "From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings."

Oh, no, he didn't mention Armstrong. But in all actuality, it doesn't seem to have mattered. Totoo thanked him and has apparently steered clear of it. Sometimes going into lengthy detail isn't necessary. Sometimes less said is better. Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, brosmith said:

It has been several years since I last posted or commented on these discussion boards. I find it necessary to comment on this discussion because I am troubled by the lack of warning about those who promote false doctrine. The OP (Totoosart) ask about a Bible study course from "Tomorrow's World" and (as far as I can tell) no one warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. It only took me a few moments to discover the truth about "Tomorrow's World." What is your excuse for not exposing error and false doctrine?

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/connect/about

https://www.lcg.org/about-us

https://www.lcg.org/official-statement-fundamental-beliefs

I do appreciate you sharing this information with us. Everyone is on here at their own time and inconvenience. We are glad that you posted what you did and feel free to post more to help lead those to the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, brosmith said:

It has been several years since I last posted or commented on these discussion boards. I find it necessary to comment on this discussion because I am troubled by the lack of warning about those who promote false doctrine. The OP (Totoosart) ask about a Bible study course from "Tomorrow's World" and (as far as I can tell) no one warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. It only took me a few moments to discover the truth about "Tomorrow's World." What is your excuse for not exposing error and false doctrine?

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/connect/about

https://www.lcg.org/about-us

https://www.lcg.org/official-statement-fundamental-beliefs

 

On 1/15/2020 at 3:10 AM, HappyChristian said:

And yet, and yet...

NN did warn him by this statement:  "From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings."

Oh, no, he didn't mention Armstrong. But in all actuality, it doesn't seem to have mattered. Totoo thanked him and has apparently steered clear of it. Sometimes going into lengthy detail isn't necessary. Sometimes less said is better. Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor.

 

On 5/8/2019 at 6:35 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Hi Totoo! I hope you're doing well friend. ūüôā

I'm not familiar with that school/course.

When I have time, I will look over the school that you have mentioned.

A quick internet search returned this...

From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings.

I've sat back to see if "brosmith" would respond, but he hasn't...

So "brosmith"...no apologies to the forum or administrators of the board for your failure to actually read the posts that you claimed to have read...that showed you were wrong?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for being proven wrong in your lack of actually reading the follow-up posts to the OP?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for condemning an entire board of users when you obviously didn't actually read whether anyone addressed the issue?

Shame on you.

You see...I don't want an apology for my part, but how dare you condemn an entire group of people for YOUR neglect. 

Next time...actually read the posts instead of inferring that you've read them...and jumping on EVERYONE because you think you've found something to get on a pedestal about, thump your chest, and put down an entire community...when you actually didn't read the posts.

Again I say, shame on you. I hope your years of not commenting were worth coming back and making us glad you haven't been commenting.

I'm tired of this stuff. If a moderator wants to remove this, I understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I've sat back to see if "brosmith" would respond, but he hasn't...

So "brosmith"...no apologies to the forum or administrators of the board for your failure to actually read the posts that you claimed to have read...that showed you were wrong?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for being proven wrong in your lack of actually reading the follow-up posts to the OP?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for condemning an entire board of users when you obviously didn't actually read whether anyone addressed the issue?

Shame on you.

You see...I don't want an apology for my part, but how dare you condemn an entire group of people for YOUR neglect. 

Next time...actually read the posts instead of inferring that you've read them...and jumping on EVERYONE because you think you've found something to get on a pedestal about, thump your chest, and put down an entire community...when you actually didn't read the posts.

Again I say, shame on you. I hope your years of not commenting were worth coming back and making us glad you haven't been commenting.

I'm tired of this stuff. If a moderator wants to remove this, I understand. 

The OP quoted extensively from "Tomorrow's World" website, speaking positively of their Bible study course and (as far as I could tell) no one had warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. Your "warning" stated

Quote

A quick internet search returned this...

From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings.

This didn't sound like much of a warning to me. So, I felt the need to sound the alarm.

Edited by brosmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brosmith said:

The OP quoted extensively from "Tomorrow's World" website, speaking positively of their Bible study course and (as far as I could tell) no one had warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. Your "warning" stated

This didn't sound like much of a warning to me. So, I felt the need to sound the alarm.

Does this sound like much of a warning to you? I posted it early on in this thread:

_________________________________________________

If you took the time to do a search of this message board I think you would find strong warnings against false teachers of every kind. In a brief search I found three pages of such warnings on this board, many against Herbert W. Armstrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brosmith said:

The OP quoted extensively from "Tomorrow's World" website, speaking positively of their Bible study course and (as far as I could tell) no one had warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. Your "warning" stated

This didn't sound like much of a warning to me. So, I felt the need to sound the alarm.

Well, since you haven't been around, then I can only assume that you aren't familiar with Totoosart nor his background.

I warned HIM...with a level of warning that I felt HE should hear and would benefit from.

There was enough information given in my warning that it should give enough reason for others (who aren't HIM) to seek more information if they are unfamiliar with John Ogwyn or "Tomorrow's World".

...just like you did.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 482 Guests (See full list)

Article Categories

About Us

Since 2001, Online Baptist has been an Independent Baptist website, and we exclusively use the King James Version of the Bible. We pride ourselves on a community that uplifts the Lord.

Contact Us

You can contact us using the following link. Contact Us or for questions regarding this website please contact @pastormatt or email James Foley at jfoley@sisqtel.net

Android App

Online Baptist has a custom App for all android users. You can download it from the Google Play store or click the following icon.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...