• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Online Baptist KJV BIble College / University

Hi, greetings all ?

i've got a humble suggestion for all churches:

i propose the kind pastors teach everyone to recite the Bible beautifully, especially the pastors themselves need to be able to recite the verses correctly and clearly.

It is heartbreaking to watch some pastors on YouTube just run through the verses without giving nor showing any sense and feeling from what they read. If you are short of time, do not save it by running through the text, if you are so short of time, why are you doing this in the first place? If you need to read the text, pay the text its respect, and read calmly and beautifully, let it sink in the listeners and your audience. Otherwise, what is the point????

How can one expect to move the multitudes when the reciter is sans feeling?

i strongly recommend everyone to at least listen to Mr Alexander Scournby's recordings, he is not perfect, but he is the best there is, hope someone will better him soon.

There are dramatised recordings, i do not recommend them, for one, they are not the KJV, and when something is dramatised, it's the view point of the director, not the book.

Have a better day and bless your hearts,

Totoo

To follow up on that,

Actually, you could encourage better reciting of the Bible by introducing activities and perhaps even competitions at schools, churches, public places and praise and honour the winner for their achievements by presenting them with a valuable prize, medals and suchlike.

You could also encourage people to memorise the Holy Book and recite the scripture from heart. That could win a better prize in this world and the next!

Thank you, bless your hearts,

And pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death,

Lord i'm not worthy,

Totoo

Good morning,

i guess the best reply and answer to all my silly questions is this:

That Jesus Christ was crucified and gave his holy blood on the cross to save us.

With this brave action, he took everything away from the devil and gave all to those that believe in Him.

i admit that i have yet to learn more about the true meaning of His sacrifice on the cross.

The answers are coming, i should be patient and work on my belief and love of the Lord.

Bless your hearts and thank you for your kind prayers,

Totoo

Greetings ?

Previously i have asked about the importance of the word: 'Israel' and that it has been repeatedly mentioned both in the Old and the New Testaments.

While watching a YouTube programme, i learnt that this word comes from two Hebrew words meaning 'desire to reach God'.

To what extent can that be correct?

Thank you for your kind time and bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members
On 7/9/2019 at 1:07 AM, Totoosart said:

Hi, greetings all ?

i've got a humble suggestion for all churches:

i propose the kind pastors teach everyone to recite the Bible beautifully, especially the pastors themselves need to be able to recite the verses correctly and clearly.

It is heartbreaking to watch some pastors on YouTube just run through the verses without giving nor showing any sense and feeling from what they read. If you are short of time, do not save it by running through the text, if you are so short of time, why are you doing this in the first place? If you need to read the text, pay the text its respect, and read calmly and beautifully, let it sink in the listeners and your audience. Otherwise, what is the point????

How can one expect to move the multitudes when the reciter is sans feeling?

i strongly recommend everyone to at least listen to Mr Alexander Scournby's recordings, he is not perfect, but he is the best there is, hope someone will better him soon.

There are dramatised recordings, i do not recommend them, for one, they are not the KJV, and when something is dramatised, it's the view point of the director, not the book.

Have a better day and bless your hearts,

Totoo

I totally agree with this. It irritates me to no end when people hurriedly read scripture when teaching or preaching. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, and kind greetings all ?

i was reading this prayer from our Lord just now and something occurred to me, this is the prayer:

Our Father which art in heaven Hallowed be Thy name

Thy kingdom come Thy will be done In Earth, as it is in heaven

i try to say this prayer every morning, i miss it sometimes, but i try to pray every morning.

Anyhow, as i was praying this morning, i went through this prayer, automatically, and without any feeling, then i said to myself, what's the use? read again.

And i did, and as i read it again, it occurred to me that 'Earth' is not the Earth we all live on, but my heart.

It was always a question, being a language teacher, 'in' Earth, you see, rather than 'on'!

i guess i've got my answer to that this morning, thanks to and praise the Lord.

i just felt happy and thought i'd share it with you wonderful people.

Have a blessed day and remember me in your kind prayers, i am not worthy, but you are kind ?

Totoo

• Administrators

Just try to remember that this "model prayer" was given as an example, it was not meant to be repeated by rote. Jesus gave us this so that we would understand the things our own personal prayer should contain. Our prayers should be personal and unique to our life and situations and walk with our God, not just something to be repeated over and over again.

4 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Just try to remember that this "model prayer" was given as an example, it was not meant to be repeated by rote. Jesus gave us this so that we would understand the things our own personal prayer should contain. Our prayers should be personal and unique to our life and situations and walk with our God, not just something to be repeated over and over again.

Dear Jim,

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Yes, i do not know how to pray, so i have been very happy to learn it from the Lord Himself.

What you say seems very reasonable, i hope i will learn.

i hope you will receive all you desire from the Lord.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

• 5 months later...
  • Members

It has been several years since I last posted or commented on these discussion boards. I find it necessary to comment on this discussion because I am troubled by the lack of warning about those who promote false doctrine. The OP (Totoosart) ask about a Bible study course from "Tomorrow's World" and (as far as I can tell) no one warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. It only took me a few moments to discover the truth about "Tomorrow's World." What is your excuse for not exposing error and false doctrine?

https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/connect/about

https://www.lcg.org/about-us

https://www.lcg.org/official-statement-fundamental-beliefs

Edited by brosmith

• Administrators

brosmith, I do not think any "excuse" is needed from anyone. First of all understand that this is a general message board, not a church. The members here are probably all at different levels of learning and walks with God. Some may never even have head of Herbert W. Armstrong, therefore would not even know to warn anyone about him.

If you took the time to do a search of this message board I think you would find strong warnings against false teachers of every kind. In a brief search I found three pages of such warnings, many against Herbert W. Armstrong.

• Members
5 hours ago, brosmith said:

It has been several years since I last posted or commented on these discussion boards. I find it necessary to comment on this discussion because I am troubled by the lack of warning about those who promote false doctrine. The OP (Totoosart) ask about a Bible study course from "Tomorrow's World" and (as far as I can tell) no one warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. It only took me a few moments to discover the truth about "Tomorrow's World." What is your excuse for not exposing error and false doctrine?

wow

Just....wow

Edited by weary warrior
Post was too sharp...it's not necessary

• Administrators

And yet, and yet...

NN did warn him by this statement:  "From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings."

Oh, no, he didn't mention Armstrong. But in all actuality, it doesn't seem to have mattered. Totoo thanked him and has apparently steered clear of it. Sometimes going into lengthy detail isn't necessary. Sometimes less said is better. Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, brosmith said:

I do appreciate you sharing this information with us. Everyone is on here at their own time and inconvenience. We are glad that you posted what you did and feel free to post more to help lead those to the truth.

• Members
On 1/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, brosmith said:

On 1/15/2020 at 3:10 AM, HappyChristian said:

And yet, and yet...

NN did warn him by this statement:  "From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings."

Oh, no, he didn't mention Armstrong. But in all actuality, it doesn't seem to have mattered. Totoo thanked him and has apparently steered clear of it. Sometimes going into lengthy detail isn't necessary. Sometimes less said is better. Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor.

On 5/8/2019 at 6:35 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Hi Totoo! I hope you're doing well friend. ?

I'm not familiar with that school/course.

When I have time, I will look over the school that you have mentioned.

A quick internet search returned this...

From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings.

I've sat back to see if "brosmith" would respond, but he hasn't...

So "brosmith"...no apologies to the forum or administrators of the board for your failure to actually read the posts that you claimed to have read...that showed you were wrong?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for being proven wrong in your lack of actually reading the follow-up posts to the OP?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for condemning an entire board of users when you obviously didn't actually read whether anyone addressed the issue?

Shame on you.

You see...I don't want an apology for my part, but how dare you condemn an entire group of people for YOUR neglect. 

Next time...actually read the posts instead of inferring that you've read them...and jumping on EVERYONE because you think you've found something to get on a pedestal about, thump your chest, and put down an entire community...when you actually didn't read the posts.

Again I say, shame on you. I hope your years of not commenting were worth coming back and making us glad you haven't been commenting.

I'm tired of this stuff. If a moderator wants to remove this, I understand. 

• Members
6 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I've sat back to see if "brosmith" would respond, but he hasn't...

So "brosmith"...no apologies to the forum or administrators of the board for your failure to actually read the posts that you claimed to have read...that showed you were wrong?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for being proven wrong in your lack of actually reading the follow-up posts to the OP?

No apologies to the forum or administrators for condemning an entire board of users when you obviously didn't actually read whether anyone addressed the issue?

Shame on you.

You see...I don't want an apology for my part, but how dare you condemn an entire group of people for YOUR neglect. 

Next time...actually read the posts instead of inferring that you've read them...and jumping on EVERYONE because you think you've found something to get on a pedestal about, thump your chest, and put down an entire community...when you actually didn't read the posts.

Again I say, shame on you. I hope your years of not commenting were worth coming back and making us glad you haven't been commenting.

I'm tired of this stuff. If a moderator wants to remove this, I understand. 

The OP quoted extensively from "Tomorrow's World" website, speaking positively of their Bible study course and (as far as I could tell) no one had warned this person that "Tomorrow's World" is the outreach "ministry" of a cult that used to be called the Worldwide Church of God (Herbert W Armstrong) and is now known as the Living Church of God. Your "warning" stated

A quick internet search returned this...

From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings.

This didn't sound like much of a warning to me. So, I felt the need to sound the alarm.

Edited by brosmith