• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Online Baptist KJV BIble College / University

8 hours ago, Alan said:

Brother David Cloud has a number of free, PDF, e-books, on different subjects, that are a help in Christian growth, Bible Study, and on many issues affecting the Christian realm.

Here is the link to his fee e-books: https://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/

Among other fine materials, Brother David Cloud has a free, PDF, "From Genesis to Revelation Bible Study Course," published in 1921 by Brother Groom. Here is the link:

https://www.wayoflife.org/free_ebooks/genesis_to_revelation.php

Thanks a lot Alan,

i'll check them links out right away.

Your kind help and assistance is much appreciated, heartily.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members

I agree with the David Cloud recommendation. 

He has Pdf material available.

However, most of Brother Sargent's material is also available as pdf. If you contact him direct and explain your situation I am sure he can help you out.

Both of these men have good conservative Bible material.

3 minutes ago, DaveW said:

I agree with the David Cloud recommendation. 

He has Pdf material available.

However, most of Brother Sargent's material is also available as pdf. If you contact him direct and explain your situation I am sure he can help you out.

Both of these men have good conservative Bible material.

Thanks a lot DaveW,

i've already downloaded 'The Genesis to Revelation Bible Course' Alan suggested above and i've started reading. 

i will try to reach Brother Sargent's books in a bit.

Thank you so much for your kind replies and time.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

9 hours ago, Alan said:

Dear Alan,

Once again, many thanks for your kindness.

i've got a problem right from the very start, i hope it's a good thing.

i have got, as it says, a King James Version of the Holy Bible right here on my desk. I purchased it online from a Chinese online store. It has been published by: Christian Art Publishers.2017.

I have been using this since it arrived in the mail, and never doubted it. But now the first assignment according to the Bible Course is to study Tim: 3: 10 - 17.

There is no Verse 17 in my Good Book and it ends in a rather long verse 16, compared it with other verses above it.

Is there a misprint in the Bible Study course, or is my Bible faulty?

How can one ever know if one's Bible is correct!?

Thank you very much for your time, and may the Lord bless your hearts,

Totoo

PS: i must add, i just checked my PDF KJV of the Holy Bible, and just like my physical Bible, there is no Verse 17!

So i gather there could be a mistype or misprint in this:

Read the following passages at home the week preceding the lesson:

Sunday: Scripture was given by God, 2 Tim: 3:10-17.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Totoosart said:

...the first assignment according to the Bible Course is to study Tim: 3: 10 - 17.

There is no Verse 17 in my Good Book and it ends in a rather long verse 16, compared it with other verses above it.

Is there a misprint in the Bible Study course, or is my Bible faulty?

You may be looking at 1 Timothy 3. The assignment is for 2 Timothy 3

Genesis to Revelation Bible Course: LESSON No.1
"Read the folIowing passages at home the week preceding the lesson: Sunday-ScrLpture was given by God, 2 Tim. 3:10-17."

2 Timothy 3:10-17 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 and that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 minutes ago, John Young said:

You may be looking at 1 Timothy 3. The assignment is for 2 Timothy 3

Ahhh, that was so stupid of me!

Thanks John, i'll be more careful ?

Bless you all ?

Totoo

• Members

Brother Totoo,

After my salvation experience I only had a New Testament.  In my upbringing we did not go to church, we did not have a Bible in the house, and, like my father which I followed to a ' T ' I was basically agnostic.

One of my fellow airmen (I was in the Air Force at the time), invited me to go to church so I went with him. So, one day after I started to go to church, with only my New Testament, the pastor mentioned to turn to one of the minor prophets (I forgot which one), and I looked in my New Testament table of contents and could not find the book. So, in my mind I thought that the pastor made a mistake as there was not the book mentioned. So, after fumbling around in the New Testament trying to find what kind of mistake the pastor made I finally turned to my friend and in a whisper I said something like, "I think he (the pastor), mentioned to go to the wrong book as I cannot find the book." My friend took the New Testament out of my hand to look ( and thankfully very politely), somewhat said, "the problem is not with the pastor it is with you. You do not have a complete Bible. The book the  prophet mentioned is in the Old Testament." At first I did not know what he meant by "Old Testament," but the Lord gave me some grace and after the service was over I asked my friend to explain more fully and help me.

I learned some valuable lessons that one Sunday morning. (1) I need to get an Old Testament. (2) I was very ignorant concerning very basic bible knowledge. (3) Not to criticize a pastor unless I have all the facts in order. (4) To hold my tongue. (5) To ask advice.

God bless you in your journey of learning the scriptures.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer (2)

11 hours ago, Alan said:

I learned some valuable lessons that one Sunday morning. (1) I need to get an Old Testament. (2) I was very ignorant concerning very basic bible knowledge. (3) Not to criticize a pastor unless I have all the facts in order. (4) To hold my tongue. (5) To ask advice.

God bless you in your journey of learning the scriptures.

Dear Alan,

i am very grateful for your kindness.

i totally understand and can identify and i apologise. i did not mean to say the good Pastor was wrong, mistypes and misprints happen all the time, but as i confessed to John, i have been too stupid to believe, and i hope you will pardon me for that and for my impatience. 

i will try harder and again, many thanks for your feedback and assistance.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

7 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

https://www.ttb.org/programs/the-5-year-study/study-contents

Dear Jordan,

Thanks for your kind link, i will take a good look and i hope to get the chance to hop on that bus along and learn.

Cheers and best wishes, bless your heart,

Totoo

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all ?

i've been reading the Good Book and i came across this in The Gospel according to St. Matthew: 4-4

:

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Can someone clarify and explain what this really means, please?

Of course, i think i get the first part about 'bread', but what does 'every word' refer to?

Is this referring to the entire Holy Bible and does it merely mean that we should live according to what is set there for us?

i cannot take the 'word' as Jesus Christ, can i, since there it is mentioned: 'every' and there is only 'one' Christ.

But then thinking about the context of this quote, this is in reply to hunger. i am confused.

Thank you so much for your time and kindness.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

PS:

i started reading this chapter again and now i've got another problem: Matthew Chapter 4 Verse 1:

Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

i may be very naiive, but i'd rather ask any way: 

There seems to be an agreement between the Lord and the devil.

i mean, although we hear that the devil is the fallen angel and all that, but according to such texts, doesn't it seem that the devil is following God's will?

i mean, in this instance, it seems to my humble mind that the devil is getting employed by the Spirit to tempt Jesus Christ.

What do you think?

Have a great time and looking forward to your insights.

Totoo

• 1 month later...

Greetings, all,

i've been studying and pondering as i read the Good Book.

i am trying to avoid the so many questions that come to my humble mind, but they keep bugging me.

There is no church for me to go to and there is no preacher or pastor or anyone i could trust and talk with where i live.

i believe that means i am on my own and i have to hope to be blessed by The Lord and only He may find the time to reach out and help me understand and walk in the right direction.

Meanwhile another question for you, if you got the time to think about it, not that i am waiting for your replies any more, you wonderful people are too busy, i understand.

The question is: Why is the devil so powerful?

Bless your hearts.

Totoo

Jesus Christ says this in Matthew 28: 18: . . . All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Then why is the devil so powerful?

If you would like to discuss 'choice and free will' i've got questions regarding that, too.

Have a blessed time and may the Lord bless our hearts

i need to add:

i understand the King James Bible is a translation.

i understand the difficulties and obstacles of such a great and heavy task.

i am still sure the questions i am confronted with do not arise from the fact that there may be issues to do with the translation.

Unless the translations are totally out of place, which i dare not presume.

It is mentioned in the Bible that one has to love the Lord more than one loves oneself.

Teach me how to do that, please, since i don't love myself, the only thing i love is learning and studying.

Bless your hearts

Edited by Totoosart