• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Online Baptist KJV BIble College / University

Greetings,

i went online and searched and found 'Tomorrow's World' - Bible Study Course.

Has anyone got any idea or does anyone here know if this is a trustworthy place to go and study?

This is what they had at the beginning of the course i registered in:

From The Editors

Lesson 1     Welcome to the Tomorrow's World Bible Study Course! As someone who has requested this course, you surely know you are a bit "different" from the vast majority of people in this world, who do not hunger to find out why they are here, and who are not interested in what the Bible really teaches. But you want to learn more. Perhaps you are one of those whom God is calling at this time who will remain faithful to Him even in the midst of this sin-sick society (Matt. 22:14 ; Revelation 17:14).
     The 24 lessons of this course were developed by the late Mr. John Ogwyn, whose articles you may have read in the Tomorrow's Worldmagazine, and whom you may have seen for several years on the Tomorrow's World telecast. Mr. Ogwyn had a real gift for presenting God's Truth in a fresh and lively way to help people understand the mysteries of the Bible. We are sure you will enjoy—and benefit from—his gifts as a teacher.
      But Mr. Ogwyn cannot do your work for you. Unless you open your Bible and look up for yourself the scriptures he cites, you will not be able to prove for yourself the precious truths of the Bible. God wants His people to be like the Bereans, who "received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so" (Acts 17:11).
      The format of this course is simple. Every fourth lesson contains a multiple-choice test, which you will complete online, after which you will be ready for the next four lessons. To prepare you for that multiple-choice test, each lesson consists of four parts, with study questions that will expose you to profound Bible truths that you may never have learned before. Many students report that they learn the most when they take a separate sheet of paper (or a small notebook) and write down for themselves the scriptures cited in each part of the lessons, as well as their answers to each lesson's questions.
     This may sound like a lot of work, but the Bible explains that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6). When you complete this course, you will not be rewarded with a certificate or credential (this is not a ministerial training course); rather, you will receive the far more valuable reward of God's Truth and the tools for applying it in your life. What could be more rewarding, and worthy of your time and attention? 
     Though there are many places we could have chosen to begin such a course of study, we have chosen to start by focusing on Bible prophecy. We want you to understand that the Bible is the word of our Creator, the One who declares "the end from the beginning." So, pick up a pen or pencil and begin exploring God's word through this Bible Study Course! We hope and pray that you will approach this course with zeal, as you deepen your understanding of God's precious gift to humanity—the Holy Bible.

God bless your hearts,

Totoo

Here's the next page:

How You Can Benefit from this Bible Study Course

Can anyone really understand the Bible? The very fact that you have requested this Bible Study Course shows that you want to understand the Bible. That is exactly what this publication is designed to help you do. If you properly use this course in the months ahead, we are confident that you will grow in your ability to understand the Bible and its vital message.

Why Study the Bible?

The Bible has been burned, banned and ignored. Scholars have attempted to minimize its value, some even claiming it is only "quaint" prose, and not of any useful purpose. Yet it just does not go away!
     It was the first book printed by Gutenberg in 1456 and it is still, year after year, the world's best-selling book. It has influenced Western culture profoundly, and has been translated into more languages and dialects than any other book. Yet, for all of this, the Bible is read by few and really understood by almost none!
     Why should the Bible continue to be read or studied in today's modern world? How could this ancient book really be relevant today? In the course of this lesson we will see that the Bible is even more up-to-date than today's newspaper!
     Why is the Bible relevant? Simply put, the Bible is the Creator's "Instruction Book"—and His instructions are always relevant. When God created the universe, He established it with a set of principles that govern everything in it, including human life. The principles or laws that govern human life are just as dependable as the laws that govern physics!
     Not only does the Bible reveal the universal principles of human conduct and relationships, it also reveals the Creator's great master plan. People look at the pain and suffering in this world and wonder: What is life all about? What lies beyond this temporary physical existence? The Bible is the only source that reveals the great purpose of why we were born!
     In addition to addressing the really big questions of life and explaining the ultimate destiny of mankind, the Bible tells us where we are headed in todays' world. Bible prophecy makes plain the real meaning of today's headlines.
     The Bible not only contains information that is absolutely relevant to us today, but it is also verifiable as God's inspired word. The proofs of fulfilled prophecy, internal consistency in its message, and its interwoven pattern, all contribute to verify the Bible as God's book.
     Contrary to what many have assumed, the Bible can be understood. If you take its message to heart and seek to apply it, it will transform your life here and now and lead you to life everlasting. It is God's book and it contains the words of life.
     The Tomorrow's World Bible Study Course is designed to give you a chance to develop your understanding of the Bible, and assess the growth of that understanding. Each lesson you receive will cover a different topic of vital importance to your life and your understanding of the Bible. Every fourth lesson, beginning with Lesson Four, includes a test for you to complete online or return to us by mail.
     How can you get the most benefit from this course? First you should realize that it is designed only as a tool or a guide in your study of God's book, the Bible. If you are really going to understand the Bible's teaching on a subject, then you must read the scriptures themselves. It is vitally important that you actually look up each verse referred to in the text. In this way, you can see for yourself what the Bible really says, and you can also read it in its context. Research has shown that the more of our senses we employ, the more deeply we learn. This course is not written simply to tell you about the Bible, but to get you in the habit of looking up the answers for yourself. In this way, you will develop the habit of searching the scriptures to find in them the answers to life's really big questions.
     We are all creatures of habit. Build the habit of consistency into your Bible study by selecting a time of day and a place for your study where you can concentrate. Then, try to set aside a specific time every day, at least 20 or 30 minutes, when you can use this course to delve into the contents of your very own Bible. Have your notebook, your Bible (or Bibles) and a dictionary, as well as any other Bible helps, readily available when you sit down to study. We strongly urge you to keep the lessons together after you are through with them, along with notebook paper on which you have taken notes and written out the Bible's answer to each question, along with your own thoughts and comments.
     In this course we will occasionally include comments and explanatory notes on technical points. These, along with the pertinent articles and booklets mentioned throughout this course, are intended to add depth to your understanding of each of the subjects you will study.

All seems nice an tidy so far to my humble mind.

Your kind opinions are welcome.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Members

Hi Totoo! I hope you're doing well friend. ?

I'm not familiar with that school/course. I graduated from on online college (Andersonville Theological Seminary) in 2009. At that time, it was pretty trustworthy; however, I can't speak for it now. At the time, they used the King James Version...and though there were things that I personally disagreed with in one of the courses...all-in-all...it was a blessing. At that time, it cost me $100 down to begin and $50 per month until I graduated...not sure of the costs today. At that time, students could go through the courses at their own pace.

All of that to say this...

I somewhat know your situation; in that, you are in a predicament in attending a solid church (China). Perhaps Alan (who is a missionary to Thailand) can be of more assistance. When I have time, I will look over the school that you have mentioned. I don't want to discourage you, yet at the same time, I want to warn you about choosing a course without first being grounded in God's word yourself. Learning God's word is exciting...and in our haste and expectation to learn more, we can often jump in to something that we shouldn't. With that said, please wait until others have given their input on this situation and this course. Again...I don't want to discourage you...I just want to make sure that you're making a wise choice. ?

Okay...

A quick internet search returned this...

John Ogwyn, 56, a Living Church of God elder

From what little I've read, John Ogwyn is the person behind the course. Since he is affiliated with the "Living Church of God", I can't recommend his teachings.

Greetings, and thanks for your kind reply, care and time, No Nicolaitans,

Right, i have no idea so i asked, i understand teachers can be leading people in the right path or God forbid, mislead them.

I am not looking for a degree in theology or anything, i am just trying to get more familiar with the Bible and get to understand the Good Book better, so i thought taking an online course would help.

i have been trying to follow our good friends here who give sermons and kindly post their videos on YouTube, but that does not fully satisfy my needs, i think i would like to spend the time to search and find answers by myself through guidance, rather than be told what is what without any requirement from my part other than listening and then agreeing with what was said during a sermon, i hope i am not offending anyone here, that is all good for people who are too busy and too occupied to study the Bible for themselves and of course they get to enjoy being at the physical church which is a great blessing.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

• Members

Can I encourage you to try ever preacher or teacher against the Word of God. Whether it is live preaching, on line preaching, books, or college course, don't simply accept anybody's teaching, but test it and study it from God's Word.

Look at Acts 17

10  And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11  These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Note that these were more noble because they searched the scriptures testing whether the preaching of Paul was correct.

Paul was an apostle, used of God to write about half the New Testsment. If it was ok to check that Paul was preaching it right then you can be sure it is ok for you check anybody else.

• Members

No Nicolaitans said, "Perhaps Alan (who is a missionary to Thailand) can be of more assistance."

Although I was in Thailand during the Vietnam War (as I mentioned a long time ago), we are missionaries to Taiwan. Attached is the You Tube Channel, "Blessings From heaven," from the church that we founded, Victory Baptist Church, Hua Lien, Taiwan, with messages, Bible studies, singing, in English and Chinese. We will be leaving soon for furlough, so our recently ordained assistant, Chinese,  pastor, will be uploading more materials (in Chinese only), as he can, in the future.

The above video is a welcome from Pastor Job Gwoh, in Mandarin Chinese.

Edited by Alan
added video

Thanks DaveW,

It's very kind of you to read and reply and also many thanks for your kind encouragement and time.

It's good to know i am on the right path.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

Dear Alan,

Bless your heart, you have done a great job down there.

Also thank you so much for the link and details, however i am not Chinese, although i do live here, my Mandarin is very limited and i mainly communicate in English or Persian (my mother tongue).

Not being able to speak Chinese (Mandarin) i have been trying to find an online Bible course, which brings me to this question, do we have a Bible course on this website? If not, wouldn't be great to start one, and if yes, i have missed it ?

Best wishes, and may the Lord Himself bless your heart,

Totoo

what should i do?

i just want to get to understand the Holy Bible better.

i have been listening to audio files of the Bible, i have been reading the Good Book, i have enjoyed reading the Psalms and the Book of Proverbs very much, but it doesn't mean i understand much.

Honest, what am i doing wrong?

i am spending most of my free time thinking and listening or reading and studying the Bible. I used to do that for Shakespeare's plays, but since i've converted to Christianity, i haven't had the time to go back to Hamlet and what not, and i have mainly been reading the Bible.

i think i may be too obsessed, perhaps that is because i think i have lost all my life (the life i enjoyed before my conversion -  about 55 years) and i want to get as much as i can in as short a time as possible. 

May the Holy Spirit guide us all,

Bless your hearts,

Thank you ?

Totoo

• Members
12 hours ago, Alan said:

No Nicolaitans said, "Perhaps Alan (who is a missionary to Thailand) can be of more assistance."

Although I was in Thailand during the Vietnam War (as I mentioned a long time ago), we are missionaries to Taiwan.

My apologies Alan...I'm not sure how I got that mixed up.

• Members

I am currently enrolled in Andersonville Theological Seminary, and while I disagree on some minor points it has been generaly very solid.

11 hours ago, Totoosart said:

what should i do?

i have been listening to audio files of the Bible, i have been reading the Good Book, i have enjoyed reading the Psalms and the Book of Proverbs very much, but it doesn't mean i understand much.

i am spending most of my free time thinking and listening or reading and studying the Bible. I used to do that for Shakespeare's plays, but since i've converted to Christianity, i haven't had the time to go back to Hamlet and what not, and i have mainly been reading the Bible.

i think i may be too obsessed, perhaps that is because i think i have lost all my life (the life i enjoyed before my conversion -  about 55 years) and i want to get as much as i can in as short a time as possible. 

Bless your hearts,

Thank you ?

Totoo

https://www.oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-international/listen/persian/

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
11 hours ago, Totoosart said:

what should i do?

Bless your hearts,

Thank you ?

Totoo

Totoo,

I can't think of it right now, but I am aware of something like you're describing. Hopefully, it will come to my mind soon.

I just wanted to let you know that we are trying to help you.

I can't remember your church situation, but I would imagine that it's a precarious situation in China.

7 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Thanks a lot, dear friend, but believe it or not, i would rather learn the Bible in English, Persian is my mother tongue, but my English is far better than my Persian, having studied and taught English language and literature for most of my life, and having little communication in Persian, specially when it comes to the Bible and Christianity, many Persian terms are so alien to my understanding it won't make it easier if not more difficult ?

Cheers and best wishes and thanks again for your kind time and care, bless your heart,

Totoo

• Members
7 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I am currently enrolled in Andersonville Theological Seminary, and while I disagree on some minor points it has been generaly very solid.

What are you studying...Greek/Hebrew?

I'm assuming that's what you're studying since you're also into linguistics...if so, would you recommend it?

6 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I just wanted to let you know that we are trying to help you.

Cheers, thanks a lot, i am very much blessed to have such kind friends here.

6 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I can't remember your church situation, but I would imagine that it's a precarious situation in China.

My church so far has been this website and Pastor John Young's sermons on the YouTube. I tried to find a church in the city i live in, Guilin in Guangxi, but the only church i have been able to locate is a Catholic church and i checked their timetable and they have morning sermons every day very early in the morning, which is fine, but i cannot manage to get there, and i don't really want to, since it's not a Baptist church and what's more i'm sure they have mainly Chinese language sermons which is another issue.

Thanks a lot for your kindness and time ?

Bless your heart,

Totoo