• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Zondervan faces $60M federal lawsuit over Bible, homosexuali

• Members

This guy shouldn't have any standing in the court. What he is doing is basically suing for censorship rights. As well, Zondervan is absolutely correct in that they didn't choose the wording, they simply received the rights to publish what others had already written.

You are correct, this is an assault on the Word of God. This has been ongoing and will continue. Radical feminists hate all the male references in Scripture so they have pushed for the gender neutral and feminist-centric "Bibles" that are out there today.

There are ongoing efforts to declare homsexuals a "protected minority" and to declare anything a homosexual might take offense towards as being "hate speech"; including the Bible.

Like I said, this particular case should be quickly tossed as it has no real legal standing. Of course that doesn't mean some liberal judge won't "discover" some reason to allow it to proceed. Even if not tossed out of court, it should not win. That said, this case could give others similar ideas and these others may put together a more compelling argument that might see actual court litigation.

• Members
This guy shouldn't have any standing in the court. What he is doing is basically suing for censorship rights. As well, Zondervan is absolutely correct in that they didn't choose the wording, they simply received the rights to publish what others had already written.

You are correct, this is an assault on the Word of God. This has been ongoing and will continue. Radical feminists hate all the male references in Scripture so they have pushed for the gender neutral and feminist-centric "Bibles" that are out there today.

There are ongoing efforts to declare homsexuals a "protected minority" and to declare anything a homosexual might take offense towards as being "hate speech"; including the Bible.

Like I said, this particular case should be quickly tossed as it has no real legal standing. Of course that doesn't mean some liberal judge won't "discover" some reason to allow it to proceed. Even if not tossed out of court, it should not win. That said, this case could give others similar ideas and these others may put together a more compelling argument that might see actual court litigation.

If they don't win now, that will not keep them from keeping on trying, this they will do till they win.

• Administrators
From a practical standpoint' date=' if this or another ruling resulted in modern versions being made illegal, wouldn't that be a good thing in the eyes of many on this board?[/quote']

No - because it wouldn't be a very long step to having the KJB made illegal. The Pandora's Box idea...

• Members

Fair point! Would be interesting to see what would happen, though. I know that if it happened in the UK almost all churches would be left without a Bible. I've only been able to find two churches that use an AV and they are closely connected and belong to a fringe group (<100 churches) of 'particular Baptists' who are very traditional and Calvinist. I doubt churches of any other denomination in the UK use the AV, except for perhaps one or two old CofE churches. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the figure were less than 1% of churches, but that is just speculation.

Anyway, back to the topic...

• Members
This guy has no right to sue a Christian company over his sin :puzzled:

That is true, but few there be who will take personal responsibility for their sin, they want to put the fault on someone else's back. That makes them feel better plus gives them an excuse for being as they are.