• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Good" Friday?

• Members
31 minutes ago, rstrats said:

Correct.  You asked what I was pursuing.  And I gave you the answer. 

Sadly , perhaps - if you mean you are not always seeking/ pursuing Yahweh's Kingdom.  

I was hopeful , I guess, that you may be seeking something more than just the answer from that one poster you asked.  

• Members

A friend of mine, Dr. Robert Griffin, former pastor of a church in Casper, Wyoming and also a former adjunct professor at Maranatha Baptist Bible College (now Marantha Baptist University) in Watertown, WI, and also from a Jewish family, was always taught that Jesus was in the grave from Friday to Sunday. I don't remember all the specifics on the burial practices and how the days worked, but it was logical. After talking to a local Jewish Rabbi in the Nashville area, his explanation is justified. I truly believe it is logical and  Biblical to believe that Christ was crucified on Friday and rose on Sunday. He didn't have to be in the grave a full three days. This has something to do with how the Jewish people hold to the evening and morning in that order. If I can get him to repost his explanation to me in an email, I will post it here. But, for now, this is how I see it. I don't believe he was buried on Wednesday, though at one time I did. 

• Members

It was the roman catholic group that changed the sabbath, as they readily admit,  and changed the time of Jesus death and burial and resurrection,  contrary to God's Word.   Since they started their corruption soon around 300 a.d.,  it is pretty much completely accepted ,  apart from grace from the Father in heaven.  Yes, it makes "sense" to the flesh,  but not to anyone following God's Word Purely.   Part of the proof or evidence or a big reason to realize that Friday to Sunday is not and never was true,  is that the roman catholics teach it.

But without knowing anything of the catholic teaching,  only knowing the RSV at the time,  and as Revealed by the Father as Jesus says,   finding out /learning about the high sabbaths, and 72 hours,  literally 3 days and 3 nights,   same as Jonah,  was delightful at the time and always.   

What's sad is how often the catholic abominations and false teachings are considered worth accepting.

• Members
31 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

It was the roman catholic group that changed the sabbath, as they readily admit,  and changed the time of Jesus death and burial and resurrection,  contrary to God's Word.   Since they started their corruption soon around 300 a.d.,  it is pretty much completely accepted ,  apart from grace from the Father in heaven.  Yes, it makes "sense" to the flesh,  but not to anyone following God's Word Purely.   Part of the proof or evidence or a big reason to realize that Friday to Sunday is not and never was true,  is that the roman catholics teach it.

But without knowing anything of the catholic teaching,  only knowing the RSV at the time,  and as Revealed by the Father as Jesus says,   finding out /learning about the high sabbaths, and 72 hours,  literally 3 days and 3 nights,   same as Jonah,  was delightful at the time and always.   

What's sad is how often the catholic abominations and false teachings are considered worth accepting.

Please, pray tell...explain your position day by day so I can be onboard with your position. I've heard about a special Sabbath that involved the burial being on Wednesday evening. As I said, I used to hold that position. But, somehow, at times it doesn't seem feasible, especially when people can't give the timeline but just spout off that it was Wednesday. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but I would like to have a breakdown of your timeline. Thanks.

ADDED later: Edit: This is basically what the Rabbi's and the college professor and friend of mine who is also a Jew hold to, as does my B-I-L who's Jewish. He couldn't respond immediately, but Ii found a site that has basically the same information, and IT'S NOT CATHOLIC. 

https://www.compellingtruth.org/Jesus-crucified-Friday.html

Edited by BrotherTony
Adding a Website for clarification

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

ADDED later: Edit: This is basically what the Rabbi's and the college professor and friend of mine who is also a Jew hold to, as does my B-I-L who's Jewish. He couldn't respond immediately, but Ii found a site that has basically the same information, and IT'S NOT CATHOLIC. 

I'll get to the first questions shortly ,  God Willing, if I am able.

But yes, it is important to eventually realize, that that site is , if it is as you posted, it is in its teaching and accepting catholic teachings,  catholic in purpose, or tricked into accepting the catholic deceptions, regardless what they claim otherwise.  THose false teachings originated some in babylon, some in persia, but were brought in by the catholic group and literally millions or billions of pages were done by them to 'defend' their false teachings ,  perhaps centuries before they were used.  

It may be said you were doing well when you knew better,  before being persuaded to believe a lie.

I don't know .

Also, yes, it is very much more difficult to find the true timeline, the true teaching, since what is false has been accomplished and promulgated in and by the harlot and the children of the harlot that came later from her,  for many centuries.  (since about 300 a.d.). 

It is beyond wildest imagination,  wildest dreams,  most astonishing,  how far and deep and wide the rc influence and false teachings have permeated and penetrated almost every group on earth, but it is as God Says in His Word.   The history of Protestant and other religious groups has been very much written or re-written to hide the fact,  but every group small and large, and every person,  that accepts ecumenicalism has succumbed to the abomination / false gospel.  Few ever escape it.

There was only ever a few websites that made available the timeline of Scripture as revealed by the Father and in line with all of His Word Perfectly,  without any influence from the false gospel / religions.

I did not have any websites nor know of any,  in fact there was very little internet if any when I learned the simple straight from the Bible truth around 1980.   It is reassuring and comforting that everyone to whom God Reveals the Truth,  He reveals the Truth to,  He never , not once, not ever,  contradicts Himself, nor contradicts His Plan , nor contradicts His Purpose,  nor contradicts any part of His Word.  Thus every part of His Plan and Purpose, every part of His Word,  is in Perfect Wisdom and Perfect Agreement Totally,

while man's ways, and the ways of religion,  eventually if not immediately contradict themselves as well as already contradicting His Word.   This is the main and sure test of truth - nothing true ever contradicts truth, no, not ever.    Every false teaching contradicts God's Word, and this eventually is seen when it is brought out in the Light by the Father, by Jesus,  His Way and His Time.  (we cannot always control when or even where the truth will become known, whether because of some personal thing, or because of God's Sovereign Plan)

... to be continued.    (p.s.  I think someone else several years ago posted a fairly good timeling,  but I did not study it nor confirm it, per se - I only saw it in passing, glancing at it, and don't even know if it was on /in/ this thread or another,  or what its source was.   If it is the true revelation from the Father,  it does not contradict His Word at all,  nor does it need any twisting nor does it add to nor take away from God's Word)

• Members
8 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

I'll get to the first questions shortly ,  God Willing, if I am able.

But yes, it is important to eventually realize, that that site is , if it is as you posted, it is in its teaching and accepting catholic teachings,  catholic in purpose, or tricked into accepting the catholic deceptions, regardless what they claim otherwise.  THose false teachings originated some in babylon, some in persia, but were brought in by the catholic group and literally millions or billions of pages were done by them to 'defend' their false teachings ,  perhaps centuries before they were used.  

It may be said you were doing well when you knew better,  before being persuaded to believe a lie.

I don't know .

Also, yes, it is very much more difficult to find the true timeline, the true teaching, since what is false has been accomplished and promulgated in and by the harlot and the children of the harlot that came later from her,  for many centuries.  (since about 300 a.d.). 

It is beyond wildest imagination,  wildest dreams,  most astonishing,  how far and deep and wide the rc influence and false teachings have permeated and penetrated almost every group on earth, but it is as God Says in His Word.   The history of Protestant and other religious groups has been very much written or re-written to hide the fact,  but every group small and large, and every person,  that accepts ecumenicalism has succumbed to the abomination / false gospel.  Few ever escape it.

There was only ever a few websites that made available the timeline of Scripture as revealed by the Father and in line with all of His Word Perfectly,  without any influence from the false gospel / religions.

I did not have any websites nor know of any,  in fact there was very little internet if any when I learned the simple straight from the Bible truth around 1980.   It is reassuring and comforting that everyone to whom God Reveals the Truth,  He reveals the Truth to,  He never , not once, not ever,  contradicts Himself, nor contradicts His Plan , nor contradicts His Purpose,  nor contradicts any part of His Word.  Thus every part of His Plan and Purpose, every part of His Word,  is in Perfect Wisdom and Perfect Agreement Totally,

while man's ways, and the ways of religion,  eventually if not immediately contradict themselves as well as already contradicting His Word.   This is the main and sure test of truth - nothing true ever contradicts truth, no, not ever.    Every false teaching contradicts God's Word, and this eventually is seen when it is brought out in the Light by the Father, by Jesus,  His Way and His Time.  (we cannot always control when or even where the truth will become known, whether because of some personal thing, or because of God's Sovereign Plan)

... to be continued.    (p.s.  I think someone else several years ago posted a fairly good timeling,  but I did not study it nor confirm it, per se - I only saw it in passing, glancing at it, and don't even know if it was on /in/ this thread or another,  or what its source was.   If it is the true revelation from the Father,  it does not contradict His Word at all,  nor does it need any twisting nor does it add to nor take away from God's Word)

I didn't ask fro a long deflection. Nor did I ask for claims that I had been blinded to the truth by catholic teaching. You have no proof whatsoever one way or the other, or so it seems, but to accuse others of being blinded by catholic tradition. Please, pray tell, prove how your position is in line with Scripture, no deflections or accusations against others of being in league with catholic beliefs. 

• Members
16 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Sadly , perhaps - if you mean you are not always seeking/ pursuing Yahweh's Kingdom.  

That's not what I mean. Again, Robycop3 said that he believed that the Messiah rose shortly before sunset on Saturday. For the purpose of my post I was simply pursuing an answer to how he reconciled that with Mark 16:9 which says that He rose on the 1st of the week?

• Members
3 hours ago, rstrats said:

That's not what I mean. Again, Robycop3 said that he believed that the Messiah rose shortly before sunset on Saturday. For the purpose of my post I was simply pursuing an answer to how he reconciled that with Mark 16:9 which says that He rose on the 1st of the week?

I can answer for Robycop3, who goes by steelmaker in other forums.

I've dealt with him extensively in another now defunct forum and he'll say Mark 16:9 is an interpolation. Roby does not believe ANY version of the bible is without error. In fact, Roby admitted to me he believes that even the "original autographs" had errors. To him inspiration means only the general message of God's truth not every word without error. The "word of God" to Roby means "the message of God" not the "words of God" as it does to fundamentalist believers.

• Members
On 7/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, rstrats said:

With that system of scriptural interpolation just about any theological position could be determined. 

By far the most common position accepted by and taught by the whore of babylon and the daughters of the whore of babylon is the anti-christ, anti-scripture, false gospel roman catholic version quoted below:

... "... .. Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week, on Sunday.        
  the traditional Friday crucifixion, also known as Good Friday, holds prominence .... ... this traditional view, claiming Jesus was crucified the day before the Sabbath. Jesus also taught He would rise on the third day (Matthew 16:21; Luke 9:22).
 ... ...

it referred to three days in general, since days consist of day and night, rather than a strict three days consisting of literal, twenty-four hour days. Regardless, both the facts from the New Testament and the earliest church history confirm Good Friday as the day Jesus died, an accurate tradition that has persisted despite other suggested alternatives."

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus

• Members
1 hour ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

By far the most common position accepted by and taught by the whore of babylon and the daughters of the whore of babylon is the anti-christ, anti-scripture, false gospel roman catholic version quoted below:

... "... .. Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week, on Sunday.        
  the traditional Friday crucifixion, also known as Good Friday, holds prominence .... ... this traditional view, claiming Jesus was crucified the day before the Sabbath. Jesus also taught He would rise on the third day (Matthew 16:21; Luke 9:22).
 ... ...

it referred to three days in general, since days consist of day and night, rather than a strict three days consisting of literal, twenty-four hour days. Regardless, both the facts from the New Testament and the earliest church history confirm Good Friday as the day Jesus died, an accurate tradition that has persisted despite other suggested alternatives."

Jeff, you have yet to prove that this is just a Catholic inspired myth. The Rabbi's don't accept Roman Catholic teaching but shun it, and they themselves give the timeline as Christ being crucified and buried on Friday. Your continued blathering about the "whore of babylon" etc., just doesn't cut it. Give a full timeline, or your explanations are of little value to us. 

• Members

Concerning the catholic version(s),  It is not an inspired myth.   Just pernicious false gospel.

Try to find anything in the roman catholic teachings contrary to the things posted as roman catholic.

On the first page of this thread,  @2bLikeJesus posted a timeline in line with all Scripture, apparently.

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus

• Members
23 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Concerning the catholic version(s),  It is not an inspired myth.   Just pernicious false gospel.

Try to find anything in the roman catholic teachings contrary to the things posted as roman catholic.

On the first page of this thread,  @2bLikeJesus posted a timeline in line with all Scripture, apparently.

Too bad that all of it is theoretical....as is the position that I gave. The problem is that the Jewish Rabbi's have a tradition of upholding what the Jews have believe since the founding of the priesthood as far as celebration of certain days has occured. It has NOTHING whatsoever to do with "Roman Catholic teaching." That timeline given might or might not be accurate. There's no way to prove it is, and no way to prove it isn't. "Sigh"