• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Good" Friday?

• Members
On 2/10/2021 at 5:21 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

Simply trying to add to the discussion. 

But I'm still curious what your reasoning was for your need to quote me when your addition to the discussion dealt with John Young's comment? 

2 hours ago, rstrats said:

But I'm still curious what your reasoning was for your need to quote me when your addition to the discussion dealt with John Young's comment? 

You put in a quote and a comment. It seemed to me that the two went together as they were in one post. So, I commented. If the quote had been in one post and your comment in another I would not have tied them together. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Romans 14:5   One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

What is your point with regard to the topic - "Good Friday"?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 2/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

You put in a quote and a comment. It seemed to me that the two went together as they were in one post. So, I commented. If the quote had been in one post and your comment in another I would not have tied them together. 

Ok, thanks.  We all misread things from time to time. 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, robycop3 said:

I believe He rose shortly before sunset on Saturday;

If by Saturday you mean the 7th day of the week, how do you deal with Mark 16:9?

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 2/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, robycop3 said:

I believe He rose shortly before sunset on Saturday;

If by Saturday you are referring to the seventh day of the week how do you work around Mark 16:9?

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, rstrats said:

If by Saturday you are referring to the seventh day of the week how do you work around Mark 16:9?

12 times in scripture it is revealed that Jesus rose, or was to rise, on the third day. The only explanation in Mark 16:9 is a misplaced, or misunderstood comma, (punctuations are not inspired scripture). So if we took it as written originally before the addition of the comma, it would say

"Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week he appeared first to Mary Magdalene out of whom he had cast seven devils."

Since above that verse, we see that they came to the tomb early on the first day, it means plainly, "Now when Jesus was risen, early the first day of the week he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils." That agrees with scripture, it is not correcting scripture. And perhaps when added the comma was fine, but by our understanding today, this agrees with scripture that says He rose ON the third day, though probably just before the end of the third day, but still at a time later than His death, meaning He still fulfilled three days and three nights. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Deleted.

Ukulelemike,
re:  "12 times in scripture it is revealed that Jesus rose, or was to rise, on the third day."

And 4 scriptures say or indicate that it would be after the 3rd day.  So apparently the scriptures which say on the third day must be referring to the third day after the crucifixion. 

re:  "...He rose ...at a time later than His death..."

As opposed to a time earlier than His death. 

Edited by rstrats

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 6/9/2021 at 12:37 PM, rstrats said:

I can't tell so far what you are pursuing ,  but don't worry about this,  the Father in Heaven Knows.  

Just as Jesus Says "Blessed are thou Simon barjona, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, buy My Father in Heaven revealed this to you."  

So also in other place(s) Jesus Praises the Heavenly Father for Revealing to infants what He Hides from scholars.

• Members
On 4/20/2019 at 10:16 PM, John Young said:

Are you saying that Jesus' resurrection was on Friday before dark? The Jewish sabbath starts on our Friday night at dusk. 

Just reading this far so far,   did you find out about the other Sabbaths Hashem Instructed His People about, as well as the Seventh Day Shabbats ?   I am not positive on the number, but I think there are at least Three that are not necessarily , and might not ever be,  on the Seventh Day.

• Members
14 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

I can't tell so far what you are pursuing...

Robycop3 said that he believed that the Messiah rose shortly before sunset on Saturday. 

I merely asked him how he reconciled that with Mark 16:9 which says that He rose on the 1st of the week?

• Members
1 hour ago, rstrats said:

Robycop3 said that he believed that the Messiah rose shortly before sunset on Saturday. 

I merely asked him how he reconciled that with Mark 16:9 which says that He rose on the 1st of the week?

That's a question you posted,  perhaps once or twice in meaning,

but it doesn't matter at all.

There's no need (I think I posted once or twice also),  to try to reconcile Mark 16:9 with anything.     As far as I've seen anywhere it was tried,  it only led to either being ignored, or to confusion , often perhaps to more error,  or in a very few cases,  exposing the error(s) and the truth being brought to light.