• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America is not Mystery Babylon

• Members
7 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Revelation 17:5-6

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

I believe it will be the ecumenical apostate christian church in Rome.

Rev. 17 makes that pretty clear.

• Members
On 4/4/2019 at 11:53 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Revelation 17:5-6

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

I believe it will be the ecumenical apostate christian church in Rome.

Rome, pagan and papal, has always been drunken with the blood of the saints. Papal religion is Babylonian religion disguised as Christian. 

Edited by Invicta

• Members
11 hours ago, Invicta said:

Rome, pagan and papal, has always been drunken with the blood of the saints. Papal religion is Babylonian religion disguised as Christian. 

I tend to agree, especially since Rev. 17 plainly IDs Rome as the harlot that tries to ride the beast.

• Members
4 hours ago, robycop3 said:

I tend to agree, especially since Rev. 17 plainly IDs Rome as the harlot that tries to ride the beast.

Not tries to ride.  Does ride.

Revelation 17::3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones.

Scarlet and purple are the colours of Rome Pagan and Papal.  The papal religion is a blasphemous religion.  In the 39 articles of the Church of England the mass is called "a blaphemous fable and a dangerous deceit."  (Sad that many Anglican churches are now practising the mass.)  The seven head represent the seven hills of Rome,   The ten horms represent the ten kindoms that Rome split into.

The bride of Christ is the church.  The harlot is the false bride,, the Roman Church, and those that follow her, Churches together, for imstance.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
2 hours ago, Invicta said:

Not tries to ride.  Does ride.

Revelation 17::3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones.

Scarlet and purple are the colours of Rome Pagan and Papal.  The papal religion is a blasphemous religion.  In the 39 articles of the Church of England the mass is called "a blaphemous fable and a dangerous deceit."  (Sad that many Anglican churches are now practising the mass.)  The seven head represent the seven hills of Rome,   The ten horms represent the ten kindoms that Rome split into.

The bride of Christ is the church.  The harlot is the false bride,, the Roman Church, and those that follow her, Churches together, for imstance.

Well, ACTUALLY, that "ride" will last til the antichrist doesn't need the RCC any more, then he will turn on "her", "tearing at her flesh & burning it with fire".  And the ten horns are the ten kingdoms the beast's empire will be made from at first, before it takes over most of the world. Obviously, those events haven't yet occurred.

• Members
On 4/1/2019 at 7:35 AM, Jerry said:

Funny how many modern ecumenical professing Christians want to believe the Antichrist and his kingdom are anything but the revived Roman empire (papacy).

Not funny at all.  That is  just why the Jesuits invented futurism. The tragedy is that in recent years many protestant churches have accepted the teaching.

• Members
On 4/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, Invicta said:

Not funny at all.  That is  just why the Jesuits invented futurism. The tragedy is that in recent years many protestant churches have accepted the teaching.

Well, ACTUALLY, "futurism was invented" because the eschatological events simply haven't yet occurred! No rocket science needed!

• Members
On 4/7/2019 at 1:38 AM, Invicta said:

Once again you are showing yourself to be a liar. It has been shown to you that the future fulfillment of Revelation 4 onwards was a known doctrinal position in the first few centuries after Christ and WELL before the Jesuits were invented.

You are a constant liar and constantly present false information to support your false theories.

And once again I will tell you that historical prescence or absence of doctrines does not make a doctrine true - biblical accuracy makes a doctrine true.

2 hours ago, robycop3 said:

So?

Almost everyone does, at times. Saves typing & time.

It is just plain good manners to at least credit the source you are copying, rather than present it as your own original material.........

• Members
3 hours ago, DaveW said:

/It is just plain good manners to at least credit the source you are copying, rather than present it as your own original material.........

You should take your own advice, and give the  souce of your allegations.

You could buy a copy of History of Apocalyptic Interpretaion, written in the early 1800's. .  It covers fom the  earliest timea to the French revolution.  The author gives qoutes from the original writers and references for those quotes.. You can get it on Amazon.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

Clarence Larkin who was described to me by a futurist on another board as a "Hyper Dispensationalist" wrote in the second chapter of his book Dispensational Truth, wrote

The "Futurist School" interprets the language of the Apocalypse "literally, " except such symbols as are named as such, and holds that the whole of the Book, from the end th century   of the third chapter, is yet "future" and unfulfilled, and that the greater part of the Book, from the beginning of chapter six to the end of chapter nineteen, describes what shall come to pass during the last week of "Daniel's Seventy Weeks." This view, while it dates in modern times only from the close of the Sixteenth Century, is really the most ancient of the three. It was held in many of its prominent features by the primitive Fathers of the Church, and is one of the early interpretations of scripture truth that sunk into oblivion with the growth of Papacy, and that has been restored to the Church in these last times. In its present form it may be said to have originated at the end of the Sixteenth Century, with the Jesuit Ribera, who, actuated by the same motive as the Jesuit Alcazar, sought to rid the Papacy of the stigma of being called the "Antichrist, " and so referred the prophecies of the Apocalypse to the distant future. This view was accepted by the Roman Catholic Church and was for a long time confined to it, but, strange to say, it has wonderfully revived since the beginning of the Nineteenth Century, and that among Protestants. It is the most largely accepted of the three views., It has been charged with ignoring the Papal and Mohammedan systems, but this is far from the truth, for it looks upon them as foreshadowed in the scriptures, and sees in them the "Type" of those great "AntiTypes" yet future, the "-Beast" and the "False Prophet." The "Futurist" interpretation of scripture is the one employed in this book.

"Wonderfully revived in the 19th century  and that among Protestants.  from where?  "This view was accepted by the Roman Catholic Church and was for a long time confined to it""

Where Larkin was wrong was that anything like it was taught in the early church. They taught an orderly historical progression. 

1 the Roman Emperor would be removed.  It was when Constantine moved tto Byzantium 

2. The empire would be succeded by 10 kings.   It was when the last western emperor abdicated in favour of the Goths  Out of those 10 kingom came the papacy. Till the pope claimed supreme power in 610 no one had ruled in Rome since Constantine.The Western Empire reigned fom Milan and then Ravenna.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
16 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Well, ACTUALLY, "futurism was invented" because the eschatological events simply haven't yet occurred! No rocket science needed!

See my post on Clarence Larkin and it will show yhou are wrong.

• Members
7 hours ago, Invicta said:

You should take your own advice, and give the  souce of your allegations.

You could buy a copy of History of Apocalyptic Interpretaion, written in the early 1800's. .  It covers fom the  earliest timea to the French revolution.  The author gives qoutes from the original writers and references for those quotes.. You can get it on Amazon.

You want me to go back and find all the previous posts where evidence against your lies has been given?

Because over the years the evidence has been given by many here and proven you are wrong.

And I don't need to buy a copy of any book because I have the Bible which is always true, unlike men who rewrite things to suit themselves - as you constantly prove.

I certainly wouldn't buy any book you recommend, because you have proven over the years that you lie about all sorts of things, you have false doctrine, you have little understanding of true doctrine, and make accusations that are unsupportable.

And even in your Larkin quote you prove yourself wrong, and they try say that he is wrong on only that point. You yourself present the evidence that denies your position, and reject it in the same breath.

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling and last paragraph

• Members
11 hours ago, DaveW said:

Once again you are showing yourself to be a liar. It has been shown to you that the future fulfillment of Revelation 4 onwards was a known doctrinal position in the first few centuries after Christ and WELL before the Jesuits were invented.

You are a constant liar and constantly present false information to support your false theories.

And once again I will tell you that historical prescence or absence of doctrines does not make a doctrine true - biblical accuracy makes a doctrine true.

It is just plain good manners to at least credit the source you are copying, rather than present it as your own original material.........

It should be obvious that when I, or anyone else, presents material as a quote, that such material is not the post-maker's own words, at least in that post.

7 hours ago, Invicta said:

See my post on Clarence Larkin and it will show yhou are wrong.

I believe it's quite-obvious to anyone who has at least a rudimentary knowledge of Scripture & world history that the prophesied eschatological events have NOT yet occurred. And Larkin was spot on in much of his material.