• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

America is not Mystery Babylon

• Members

Zechariah 2:6-7

6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

7 Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

About 25% of the Jews in Israel came from the Russian North (verse 6). Verse 7 tells Zion to go home from the daughter of Babylon. The daughter of Babylon is where the Jews are now. There are about 6,000,000 Jews in Israel and another 6,000.000 Jews in America. There are another 3,000,000 Jews spread around the world. I believe America is the daughter of Babylon now and will be the home base of the antichrist.

• Members
7 hours ago, Jerry said:

I don’t have all the passages handy, but the Bible teaches the antichrist will come out of Europe.

Yes, he will be "a prince of the people who shall destroy Jerusalem" as  Gabriel told Daniel. And his empire will be formed at first from the peoples/nations that were once parts of the old Roman empires.

Rev. 17:And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

The first five kings (kingdoms) were Assyria, Egypt, Babylon, Medo-Persia, & Greece. The 6th that "was" at that time, was, ofcourse, Rome. And the 7th was the "Holy Roman Empire". 

"Beast" refers both to the antichrist & his empire. This empire will quickly gain dominance over almost the entire world.

And a factor which will  help boost that man into power will be his surviving a head wound that should've killed him. (Just imagine how popular JFK would've become had he made a full recovery from having a third of his head blown off!) God has told us these things so we would be warned, and to have proof to show skeptics the truth of God's word & the accuracy of His prophecies.

• Members

If the heads represent empires, then it is perhaps an empire that is revived - not a leader (ie. an empire dying and being revived, not an individual). And we do see that with the Roman Empire. They lost some of their world-wide power a couple centuries ago (rusty memory, but I think it was due to Napoleon), then regained/revived in the 20th century (a certain concord being made in 1929 - Lateran Treaty - establishment of a Papal state - when the Vatican became a country). Now we see the Roman Catholic Church (revived Roman Empire) gradually uniting with more and more of the religions of the world on an ecumenical basis and getting more and more power politically.

Edited by Jerry

• Members

Both South and North America are of Roman Empire linage but only the USA is the strongest.

Daniel 11:36-39

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Both South and North America are of Roman Empire linage but only the USA is the strongest.

I don't think you can make this as a blanket statement as to the roots of America as a whole. While there may be some individuals that are of Roman lineage, that does not mean that the Roman empire is rooted in America.

• Members

Revelation 16:8-10.

8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,

When the sun is scorching the earth , God will send Israel a solar eclipse and the Americas will be dark on the other side of earth.

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

The solar eclipse will continue through the 1000 year kingdom age and America will be dark.

Isaiah 60:19-22

19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified.

22 A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
On 3/29/2019 at 8:11 AM, Eric Stahl said:

I believe America is the daughter of Babylon now and will be the home base of the antichrist.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:30 AM, Eric Stahl said:

Hmmm?? Interesting.

A lot of prophecy teachers seem to think that the United States is either MYSTERY BABYLON or a "daughter."

Let us see what our friend Steven Anderson states concerning MYSTERY BABYLON: At one point, it was the tower of Babel, in the plains of Shinar. Then it was Babylon. Then it was Rome. I believe now, it's the United States. United States is the new Rome. The United States is the new Babylon.”1

As far as I am concerned, they are wrong. The United States is not, repeat not, either MYSTERY BABYLON, nor a daughter.

1Anderson, Steven Revelation 17 copied on April 1, 2019 <http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/revelation_17.html>

• Members

Funny how many modern ecumenical professing Christians want to believe the Antichrist and his kingdom are anything but the revived Roman empire (papacy).

For clarification, I believe it is an antichristian system - but the final endtimes pope is the one who will be the one-world ruling, declaring himself as God, making the 7 year peace treaty (ie. the antichrist). Daniel talks about four kingdoms from his time until the return of the Messiah to set up His kingdom, and Revelation lists seven altogether (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Pagan Rome, Papal Rome - ie. revived Roman Empire). See Revelation 13:1-8 (the heads are the kingdoms/empires, the horns are the kings - nations - making up the final kingdom).

Revelation 17:1-14  And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rome has been called the City of seven Hills/mountains for over 2000 years and it fits all the descriptions given in chapters 17-18. Verse 8 and 13:3 indicates the kindgom will receive a deadly wound and come back to life, so the 8th kingdom will be the final form of the 7th kingdom after it comes back to life - ie. the final endtimes one world ruler/antichrist. He will be part of the seventh. Also, the 7th “will continue a short space” - in light of how fast the other world kingdoms faded from the scene, this one will stick around (and will actually continue until Jesus comes back). Notice there is no mention of gaps between these empires. Babylon conquered Assyria, Medo-Persia conquered Babylon, then Greece, then Rome, then Papal Rome rose up as pagan Rome was fading from the scene.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Funny how many modern ecumenical professing Christians want to believe the Antichrist and his kingdom are anything but the revived Roman empire (papacy).

For clarification, I believe it is an antichristian system - but the final endtimes pope is the one who will be the one-world ruling, declaring himself as God, making the 7 year peace treaty (ie. the antichrist). Daniel talks about four kingdoms from his time until the return of the Messiah to set up His kingdom, and Revelation lists seven altogether (Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and Pagan Rome, Papal Rome - ie. revived Roman Empire). See Revelation 13:1-8 (the heads are the kingdoms/empires, the horns are the kings - nations - making up the final kingdom).

Revelation 17:1-14  And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: 2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. 3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: 5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. 6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. 7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. 8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. 14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Rome has been called the City of seven Hills/mountains for over 2000 years and it fits all the descriptions given in chapters 17-18. Verse 8 and 13:3 indicates the kindgom will receive a deadly wound and come back to life, so the 8th kingdom will be the final form of the 7th kingdom after it comes back to life - ie. the final endtimes one world ruler/antichrist. He will be part of the seventh. Also, the 7th “will continue a short space” - in light of how fast the other world kingdoms faded from the scene, this one will stick around (and will actually continue until Jesus comes back). Notice there is no mention of gaps between these empires. Babylon conquered Assyria, Medo-Persia conquered Babylon, then Greece, then Rome, then Papal Rome rose up as pagan Rome was fading from the scene.

Well, actually, I believe the 7th was the "Holy Roman Empire.", which ended 1806 AD. The 8th will be assembled at first by the "beast/antichrist" from the peoples & nations that were parts of the old Roman empires. Notice that much of  Daniel's prophecy follows the events & battles between the Seleucid & Ptolemaic confederacies that formed upon the death of Alexander The Great.

The Seleucids ruled Judea til taken over by the Romans under General Pompey in 63 BC. They were almost constantly at war with the Ptolemaic empire, and the Parthians before coming under Roman rule. (The infamous Antiochus IV Epiphanes was a Seleucid.) Their capital was at Antioch, which later became a largely-Christian abode, despite several temples to Greek & Roman gods/goddesses there.

Remember, I said "at first" about the assembling of the  AC's empire. Scripture says he will eventually rule EVERY nation, etc. And I believe Scripture establishes this 'beast' will be one man, but his empire is also called a beast. I think 2 Thess. 2:4 seals the fact he will be one man, while Rev. 13 shows he will have a miracle-working false prophet as his sidekick. (the beast from the earth) Rev. 19 says both will be cast alive into the lake of fire as they try to fight Jesus at His return.

Now, it IS a good possibility the false prophet will be a pope or some high RC official,  but I believe Scripture shows each beast will be one man, not the line of popes.

• Members

Each of these empires had one ruler at a time. The 8th empire will be the final world ruler - one man, yes. Each of the other empires went on for a period of time - so more than one ruler for all of them - but one at a time. The final ruler will use the religion to get the people to follow him, and then at the midpoint of the seven year tribulation, will cast off the religion and declare himself God, set up his statue in the rebuilt temple, and get possessed by Satan himself.

• Members
On 4/1/2019 at 10:52 AM, Jerry said:

Each of these empires had one ruler at a time. The 8th empire will be the final world ruler - one man, yes. Each of the other empires went on for a period of time - so more than one ruler for all of them - but one at a time. The final ruler will use the religion to get the people to follow him, and then at the midpoint of the seven year tribulation, will cast off the religion and declare himself God, set up his statue in the rebuilt temple, and get possessed by Satan himself.

Revelation 17:16-18

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

God will cause the 10 kings that have divided the world to destroy the false church and give their power to the antichrist.

• Members
2 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Revelation 17:16-18

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

God will cause the 10 kings that have divided the world to destroy the false church and give their power to the antichrist.

Which city ruled  over the world at the time that was written?

• Members
22 hours ago, Invicta said:

Which city ruled  over the world at the time that was written?

Revelation 17:5-6

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

I believe it will be the ecumenical apostate christian church in Rome.