• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Who are today's Rechabites?

• Members

Jeremiah 35:19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

There were three "Rechabs" in Scripture. The first was the  son of Rimmon, a Benjaminite, in 2 Samuel 4, whom David killed for murdering Ishbosheth. The third was in Nehemiah, whose son, Malchiah, repaired the Dung gate of Jerusalem's wall. The second one is whom I'm concerned with here. His son Jehonadab, was a close friend of Jehu's, & aided Jehu in  slaying the prophets of Baal in 2 Kings 10.  I believe this Jehonadab was the "Jonadab" of Jeremiah 35. He was not an Israeli, but was a KENITE. (1 Chron. 2:55. Several other Kenites, including Moses' father-in-law Jethro, and Jael of Judges 4 & 5, were blessed by God.)

What I'm wondering is, who are the descendants of Jehonadab today, as God said there'll always be at least one of them who will be righteous. I have no clue as to whom they may be - wondering if anyome else knows?

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 3/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, robycop3 said:

Jeremiah 35:19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

There were three "Rechabs" in Scripture. The first was the  son of Rimmon, a Benjaminite, in 2 Samuel 4, whom David killed for murdering Ishbosheth. The third was in Nehemiah, whose son, Malchiah, repaired the Dung gate of Jerusalem's wall. The second one is whom I'm concerned with here. His son Jehonadab, was a close friend of Jehu's, & aided Jehu in  slaying the prophets of Baal in 2 Kings 10.  I believe this Jehonadab was the "Jonadab" of Jeremiah 35. He was not an Israeli, but was a KENITE. (1 Chron. 2:55. Several other Kenites, including Moses' father-in-law Jethro, and Jael of Judges 4 & 5, were blessed by God.)

What I'm wondering is, who are the descendants of Jehonadab today, as God said there'll always be at least one of them who will be righteous. I have no clue as to whom they may be - wondering if anyome else knows?

"The people made to themselves a golden god, and now, when the call of Christ sounds:  “Who is on the Lords side? let him come vnto mee”  (Ex.32:26), only “the sons of Levi” will respond unto Him. In the last verse, the Author of the Scripture shows us the near future of the  Rechabites. The Man who will soon enter the Holy place to intercede in the presence of God the Father, is  “one of our next kinsemen”  (Ruth.2:20), from the “house of the Rechabites”.

“Ionadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for euer”  (Jer.35:19).

Indeed, one can understand the indignation of Jesus Christ against current Christians. The whole Christian world are criminals before God, their guilt has risen to heaven. Therefore, no local church will be taken to serve in the Tabernacle of heaven. Absolutely all of them will be excommunicated  “from the congregation of those that had beene caried away”  (Ezra.10:8), and all their  “substance should be forfeited”.

However, the spirit of the each of them will be  “saued in the day of the Lord Iesus Christ.” The golden Altar, under which there will be  “the soules of them that were slaine for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held”  (Rev.6:9), will be before the veil in the heavenly Tabernacle. All of them, who  “hauing put away, concerning faith, haue made shipwracke”  (1Tim.1:19), will be saved  “to land”  (Acts.27:44), because Christ will be heard in that he feared (Heb.5:7). Only they will never be the firstborn. They form one large group of the saved who are chosen. In the book “To Hebrews”, on the eve of His Second Coming  “in the day of the Lord Iesus Christ,” they are called the general assembly (Heb.12:22-24). Where Christ is and they will be with Him (John.17:24)."

More http://lordway.ru/English/put_gospoden/dom_rehavitov.htm

• Members
2 hours ago, robycop3 said:

But we still don't know who the descendants of  Jehonadab are. We might not find out in this world. But GOD knows who they are, & that's all that matters.

“Ionadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for euer  (Jer.35:19).

We are talking about the prophetic meaning of this verse, not literal. This verse is about Jesus Christ. He "art a Priest for euer after the order of Melchisedec" (Heb.7:21)

• Members
11 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

Well, actually, God caused it to be written that  He would always have a descendant of  Jehonadab's who would serve Him. No mention of Jesus in that sequence4 of events.

Can you name at least one descendant of Rechab, who would be the high Priest in the Sanctuary?

• Members
20 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

Do you believe Jesus' human side is descended from Rechab ?

No. But, “a man” referred to in (Jer. 35:19) is, prophetically, Jesus Christ, as “a Priest for euer after the order of Melchisedec” (Heb. 7:21)

Edited by Konstantin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Somewhere out there, there's at least one male descendant of Jehonadab who's a Christian, & who has or will have a Christian son. I was just wondering who they might be. GOD knows, of course, & that's what's important.