• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

Sign in to follow this  
robycop3

Who are today's Rechabites?

Jeremiah 35:19 Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

There were three "Rechabs" in Scripture. The first was the  son of Rimmon, a Benjaminite, in 2 Samuel 4, whom David killed for murdering Ishbosheth. The third was in Nehemiah, whose son, Malchiah, repaired the Dung gate of Jerusalem's wall. The second one is whom I'm concerned with here. His son Jehonadab, was a close friend of Jehu's, & aided Jehu in  slaying the prophets of Baal in 2 Kings 10.  I believe this Jehonadab was the "Jonadab" of Jeremiah 35. He was not an Israeli, but was a KENITE. (1 Chron. 2:55. Several other Kenites, including Moses' father-in-law Jethro, and Jael of Judges 4 & 5, were blessed by God.)

What I'm wondering is, who are the descendants of Jehonadab today, as God said there'll always be at least one of them who will be righteous. I have no clue as to whom they may be - wondering if anyome else knows?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this