• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

robycop3

A look at "this generation"...

On 3/27/2019 at 4:08 PM, Invicta said:

So you have three encylopaedias, but I have the bible.  Jesus said all those things would happen before this generation passed away. 

I don't disagree that the eschatological events have not happened.  The eschatological events begin at verse 36.

Well, I have Bibles also! And the fact is, those events prophesied by Jesus have NOT occurred yet, but as Jesus' words are always 100% correct, they WILL happen. Jesus' words aren't wrong; your guess of what He meant by "this generation" is incorrect.

15 hours ago, robycop3 said:

God definitely stresses a certain doctrine to one person, while stressing a nother doctrine to another person. hence, we have one Christian writer making books about the Holy trinity, while another writes about baptism. As  for OPPOSING doctrines, I don't see any.

the line of popes is not the "beast". Scripture makes it plain that he will be only one man. However, we can't rule out the possibility that a pope or some other RC high official might be the "beast from the earth", that is, the antichrist's sidekick, the false prophet.

All the kingdoms in Daniel 2 were dynasties, so it is reasonable to suppose that he that replaced the Roman empire is also a dynasty. 

The pope is the successor of Caesar,  He bears Caesar's title of Pont Max.  The title of Julius Caesar.  

Edited by Invicta

13 hours ago, Invicta said:

All the kingdoms in Daniel 2 were dynasties, so it is reasonable to suppose that he that replaced the Roman empire is also a dynasty. 

The pope is the successor of Caesar,  He bears Caesar's title of Pont Max.  The title of Julius Caesar.  

That's simply a man-made title. The late wrestler King Kong Bundy, though bearing the name of a giant gorilla, was still a man.

The line of popes is not the antichrist.  Believing that is as silly as believing Nero was the antichrist. What pope had a miracle-working false prophet as his sidekick,  and was cast alive into the lake of fire?

Edited by robycop3

On 3/28/2019 at 11:14 AM, robycop3 said:

(As for "lemme" or any other textese/slang I choose to use, I shall do so as I choose. I don't tell anyone else how to "talk", nor make fun of their spelling, and I'm not gonna pay any attention to anyone trying to "correct" me.  And everyone makes typos if they use a keyboard a lot, as I do, & I don't belittle them for it unless they do me. Fair enough?)

Well, that's all fine, but I don't, can't, and won't take you seriously as long as you use such inferior grammar. Others may, but I would think anyone claiming to represent a PERFECT God would be more mindful and respectful in their representation of him.

Carry on...

I's fixin' to write a'buncha stuffs bouts the bible's stuff, but I 'cided not to...but at least my spellin looks neat'n stuff 'n shows I'm hip to this new gen'ration. I knows what the Bible sez...cause I've been all studyin' 'n such...standin' up ginst false doctrin'n stuff for the last 40 years...even though I don't get the basics of diff'nt bibles teach diff'nt things'n stuff. 'least I believe stuff, 'n my audience wants to hear it.

'n stuff.

49 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

I's fixin' to write a'buncha stuffs bouts the bible's stuff, but I 'cided not to...but at least my spellin looks neat'n stuff 'n shows I'm hip to this new gen'ration. I knows what the Bible sez...cause I've been all studyin' 'n such...standin' up ginst false doctrin'n stuff for the last 40 years...even though I don't get the basics of diff'nt bibles teach diff'nt things'n stuff. 'least I believe stuff, 'n my audience wants to hear it.

'n stuff.

SMILE