• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A look at "this generation"...

• Members
On 3/28/2019 at 6:38 AM, DaveW said:

Invicta is NOT Baptist at all, and has shown no real knowledge even of genuine Baptist history, let alone genuine Baptist doctrine.

And he constantly accuses people here of being brethren, usually based around this discussion, even though he has been shown clearly from the Bible that his position is not biblical, and historically that his position is not Baptist.

He reinterprets terms so that he can be offended when people call him a preterist, but people constantly "mistake" what he says for preterism...... maybe because what he says is so closely aligned to preterism that it is almost impossible to tell the difference.

And he changes history to suit his arguments,  which I and others have shown here before.

On 3/28/2019 at 5:31 AM, Invicta said:

When I was at school , I was taught never to go with the majority because the majority is usually wrong.

This is such a stupid statement.........

Do you drive on the wrong side of the road because the majority must be wrong?

Do you believe 1 + 1 doesn't equal 2 because the majority must be wrong.

Something is wrong because it is wrong regardless of how many people believe not because of how many people believe it......

• Members
8 minutes ago, Invicta said:

DaveW accused me of making up history about the early writers, but when I suggested he read some, he said he didn't need to he had the bible.  So it seems he doesn't know the history only repeats what others say.

Umm - that's  a lie.......

I have plenty of historical material.

In fact I have listed people who prove you make up history, and referenced information that proves you make up history.

What I have said is that it doesn't matter as much what people believe historically - what matters is the Bible - and you neo-preterist position is not biblical and never has been. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, DaveW said:

you neo-preterist

That just shows your ignorance.  I am an historicist and that teaching predates preterism and futurism by centuries.   The earliest writers taught an orderly historical transition.  They understood the scriptures partly from the scriptures and partly from what was handed down from the apostles.  They taught that the let and hindrance in "2 Thess. 2 was the Roman Empire and the emperor, after these were removed, they said, the empire would be divided between ten kings,  This happened.  Then they said the antichrist would arise. They were spot on with that. They just had the prophecy.  We have the history.  But you don't believe the history.

• Members
51 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Invicta is NOT Baptist at all, and has shown no real knowledge even of genuine Baptist history, let alone genuine Baptist doctrine.

What Baptist history do I not have real knowledge of?  and what genuine Baptist doctrine do I not understand?  I would be interested to know.

• Members
33 minutes ago, Invicta said:

That just shows your ignorance.  I am an historicist and that teaching predates preterism and futurism by centuries.   The earliest writers taught an orderly historical transition.  They understood the scriptures partly from the scriptures and partly from what was handed down from the apostles.  They taught that the let and hindrance in "2 Thess. 2 was the Roman Empire and the emperor, after these were removed, they said, the empire would be divided between ten kings,  This happened.  Then they said the antichrist would arise. They were spot on with that. They just had the prophecy.  We have the history.  But you don't believe the history.

If a plethora of people independently identify you as a preterist, then maybe it is not I that is ignorant but you....

Maybe, just maybe, your position and description of that position is far closer to the preterist that you would like to believe. 

And as for your LIE about your position predating others.... I have quoted historical information (proving your previous statement a lie), that shows that both these other positions were discussed as early as the third century. That only gives you two centuries to play with and there are no writers discussing these issues prior to this that still exist.

Then of course there is the FACT that much of the book of Revelation HAS NOT BEEN SEEN IN HISTORY unless you seriously degrade the events.

You are a liar, and that has been proven time and time again, in your false representation of history, in your false representation of your position, in your claim to be Baptist, and in your false claims about me.....