• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A look at "this generation"...

• Members
10 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

...and it astounds me how anyone can believe that different "bible" versions, which say different things, and teach different doctrines could believe that such differences are okay.

And what bible versions are those encyclopaedias?

Edited by Invicta

• Members

I do not have a clue what you mean by neo brethren. I am not nor ever have been brethren - but I can guarantee at least 95% or more of the regular members here that are IFB believe as I do on Matthew 24.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I do not have a clue what you mean by neo brethren. I am not nor ever have been brethren - but I can guarantee at least 95% or more of the regular members here that are IFB believe as I do on Matthew 24.

When I was at school , I was taught never to go with the majority because the majority is usually wrong.

• Members

Compared to the majority of Christendom, I’m sure IFB doctrine is different. However, winging it and going off on your own theologically compared to other sound Bible-based believers is not a position to be proud of. It usually means you are out to lunch...

• Members

Invicta is NOT Baptist at all, and has shown no real knowledge even of genuine Baptist history, let alone genuine Baptist doctrine.

And he constantly accuses people here of being brethren, usually based around this discussion, even though he has been shown clearly from the Bible that his position is not biblical, and historically that his position is not Baptist.

He reinterprets terms so that he can be offended when people call him a preterist, but people constantly "mistake" what he says for preterism...... maybe because what he says is so closely aligned to preterism that it is almost impossible to tell the difference.

And he changes history to suit his arguments,  which I and others have shown here before.

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling

• Members
18 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

...and it astounds me how anyone can believe that different "bible" versions, which say different things, and teach different doctrines could believe that such differences are okay.

Since I'm not permitted to post about that subject, lemme just say there's absolutely no evidence that God is limited to causing only one translation to be made.

• Members
9 hours ago, Invicta said:

So you have three encylopaedias, but I have the bible.  Jesus said all those things would happen before this generation passed away. 

I don't disagree that the eschatological events have not happened.  The eschatological events begin at verse 36.

"This generation" hasn't yet arrived, unless it's this one.

• Members
5 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Since I'm not permitted to post about that subject, lemme just say there's absolutely no evidence that God is limited to causing only one translation to be made.

Well, I know this sounds goofy...but just as there are people who believe in Preterism...and they will defend their position no matter what...

...get this...

...believe it or not, there are actually people who believe that God says different things to different people, and they also believe that God teaches different doctrine to different people based upon whichever "bible" version that they choose to use...and those people will defend their position no matter what. 

I know...I know! I mean...how could anyone believe that God would say one thing to one person (or group of people), but then he would turn around and say something different to another person (or group of people) that contradicts what he said to the first person (or group of people)? Why...that sounds goofy! However...there are people who actually believe such. 

I haven't been asked (nor told) not to speak on this subject; however, from this point on, I will say no more. You claim to fight against false doctrine...and that you have fought against it for 40 years. What a pity that you accept different doctrines despite that bold proclamation. How do you know which doctrines to fight against? I have to wonder which jot and tittle you defend...after all, they are different in different versions. I have to wonder...at what point do you decide man has added to or taken away from God's word...which is expressly forbidden by God. Oh wait...I forgot...God isn't limited to only one translation...even though different translations say different things??? 

...and thanks for saying, "lemme"...my 8 year old son (who is in the 3rd grade) would probably like that if I showed it to him.

• Members
16 hours ago, Jerry said:

When I was at school , I was taught never to go with the majority because the majority is usually wrong.

• Members

I will repeat that I am not a preteist. I believe that preterism is false started by the Jesuit Alcazar,  I also believe that futurism is false started by Jesuit Fransisco Ribera and followed by other Jesuits,  Robert Belarmine (Roberti Belarmini), Michael Walpole, and "Juan Josefat Ben Ezra, a converted Jew)  the false name of Jesuit  Manuel de Lacunza written about 1891.  Strangely this false teaching came in to the protestant church in 1825 after Edward Irving came across Lacunza's book and began to preach on dispensationalism on Christmas day 1825.

I believe the traditional non Catholic teaching that the pope is antichrist that the Roman Church is the harlot woman, the false bride, and the true church is the Bride of Christ.

Edited by Invicta

• Members
43 minutes ago, Invicta said:

Were also taught to make up "history" to suit yourself, because you have a proven track record of it on this site, as has been pointed out to you many times previously.

Many doctrines you say originated in the 1800's are clearly seen presented in documents back to the second and third century, including your version of Preterism.

Answer this will you: If you position is so far removed from preterism, how is it that you are so often and regularly identified by your teaching as a preterist?

And by so many different people over the years?

Call it what you will, but it is regularly identified as preterism.

• Members
4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Well, I know this sounds goofy...but just as there are people who believe in Preterism...and they will defend their position no matter what...

...get this...

...believe it or not, there are actually people who believe that God says different things to different people, and they also believe that God teaches different doctrine to different people based upon whichever "bible" version that they choose to use...and those people will defend their position no matter what. 

I know...I know! I mean...how could anyone believe that God would say one thing to one person (or group of people), but then he would turn around and say something different to another person (or group of people) that contradicts what he said to the first person (or group of people)? Why...that sounds goofy! However...there are people who actually believe such. 

I haven't been asked (nor told) not to speak on this subject; however, from this point on, I will say no more. You claim to fight against false doctrine...and that you have fought against it for 40 years. What a pity that you accept different doctrines despite that bold proclamation. How do you know which doctrines to fight against? I have to wonder which jot and tittle you defend...after all, they are different in different versions. I have to wonder...at what point do you decide man has added to or taken away from God's word...which is expressly forbidden by God. Oh wait...I forgot...God isn't limited to only one translation...even though different translations say different things??? 

...and thanks for saying, "lemme"...my 8 year old son (who is in the 3rd grade) would probably like that if I showed it to him.

Well, God DOES say different things to different people, according to:

1.) His choice

or

2.) The abilities He's given that person.

He tells some to preach. He tells others to teach. He tells others to use their musical talent to spread the Gospel, others to manage a church's finances,  others to polish the pews. All are important to Him.

His means of communicating are many,  so I don't scoff at anyone who says he "heard God", long as the "message" conforms to SCRIPTURE.

Now, I've never "heard" Him, but I know He wants me to work against false doctrines & pseudo/quasi-Christian religions just as surely as if He had appeared to me & spoken to me.

And ONE message/commandment He has for EVERY Christian is to spread the Gospel whenever/wherever possible. That's a UNIVERSAL command!

(As for "lemme" or any other textese/slang I choose to use, I shall do so as I choose. I don't tell anyone else how to "talk", nor make fun of their spelling, and I'm not gonna pay any attention to anyone trying to "correct" me.  And everyone makes typos if they use a keyboard a lot, as I do, & I don't belittle them for it unless they do me. Fair enough?)

• Members
1 hour ago, Invicta said:

I will repeat that I am not a preteist. I believe that preterism is false started by the Jesuit Alcazar,  I also believe that futurism is false started by Jesuit Fransisco Ribera and followed by other Jesuits,  Robert Belarmine (Roberti Belarmini), Michael Walpole, and "Juan Josefat Ben Ezra, a converted Jew)  the false name of Jesuit  Manuel de Lacunza written about 1891.  Strangely this false teaching came in to the protestant church in 1825 after Edward Irving came across Lacunza's book and began to preach on dispensationalism on Christmas day 1825.

I believe the tradidtional non Catholic teaching that the pope is antichrist that the Roman Church is the harlot woman, the false bride, and the true church is the Bride of Christ.

I believe Scripture is mostly-literal, with most of its symbolism explained by other Scripture, and that the symbolism always represents something or someone literal.

As for "futurism", it's obvious that Matt. 24 from V16 onward has not yet been fulfilled, but  those parts that HAVE been fulfilled were dome so LITERALLY, TO-THE-LETTER.

And obviously, "this generation" doesn't refer to the body of all people living while Jesus was here, as Jesus' words are always 100% correct, & the prophesied eschatological events haven't yet happened.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

Well, God DOES say different things to different people, according to:

1.) His choice

or

2.) The abilities He's given that person.

He tells some to preach. He tells others to teach. He tells others to use their musical talent to spread the Gospel, others to manage a church's finances,  others to polish the pews. All are important to Him.

His means of communicating are many,  so I don't scoff at anyone who says he "heard God", long as the "message" conforms to SCRIPTURE.

Now, I've never "heard" Him, but I know He wants me to work against false doctrines & pseudo/quasi-Christian religions just as surely as if He had appeared to me & spoken to me.

And ONE message/commandment He has for EVERY Christian is to spread the Gospel whenever/wherever possible. That's a UNIVERSAL command!

(As for "lemme" or any other textese/slang I choose to use, I shall do so as I choose. I don't tell anyone else how to "talk", nor make fun of their spelling, and I'm not gonna pay any attention to anyone trying to "correct" me.  And everyone makes typos if they use a keyboard a lot, as I do, & I don't belittle them for it unless they do me. Fair enough?)

Well Mr. Roby, you have not addressed, or even acknowledged the issue that No Nics stated. He specifically addressed your assertion that God speaks to different people differently in regard to opposing doctrines. Your reply was non-responsive because the subject you put forth was in regard to different gifts, not doctrines.

• Members
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

Were also taught to make up "history" to suit yourself, because you have a proven track record of it on this site, as has been pointed out to you many times previously.

Many doctrines you say originated in the 1800's are clearly seen presented in documents back to the second and third century, including your version of Preterism.

Answer this will you: If you position is so far removed from preterism, how is it that you are so often and regularly identified by your teaching as a preterist?

And by so many different people over the years?

Call it what you will, but it is regularly identified as preterism.

Only by the ignorant.