• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our Glorified Bodies

• Members

Seems like most of the active threads lately are about endtime prophecy. While it is beneficial to finetune our theology, some of those endless debates just don’t feed my spirit, if you know what I mean.

Having some bad health lately, I have been tremendously blessed by passages about one day having a glorified body. Let’s post verses talking about this theme, and what those bodies will be like.

A few that have really encouraged me recently are:

Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

One day each of us who are saved will be taken home to be with the Lord forever - perhaps it will be like sleeping and then awakening to find ourselves made like Christ, in His image - holy, righteous, no longer to struggle with our sin nature. A dream (promise actually) worth waking up to!

1 John 3:1-3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Romans 8:16-25 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, the heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

What a day, glorious day that will be.

• Members

One bad thing about working fulltime graveyards is no one else is awake to post most of the time. ?

A somewhat related passage (talking about this corruptible body and our coming incorruptible one - hint, hint, resurrection passage anyone - feel free to quote that one):

Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

• Members

1 Corinthians 15:52 (KJV)
52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I believe our bodies will be like Jesus's incorruptible.  You will be able to touch and feel and be touched, eat (yeah!), and even pass through walls like Jesus did after his resurrection.  Can't wait to come back as the Lord's host in an incorruptible body.  That will be terrible and fun at the same time.