Jump to content
Online Baptist

Recommended Posts

  Isaiah 19:  23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This editing was done by an administrator. and a full correction by me, robycop3. Everybody happy now?

   I think God will bless Egypt after He finishes punishing them for their idolatry & other sins, because of their close relationship with the first Israelis while Jacob & Joseph lived. But I'm wondering why God will bless Assyria. Furthermore, I wonder who the descendants of the Assyrians are today. I assume they may still live in Iraq her neighbors,  but then that's only a guess. I know there are some tribes who call themselves Assyrians, but their claims seem somewhat dubious.

 

  Anyone have any knowledge ot ideas why God will bless Assyria, and/or who the Assyrians are today?

Edited by robycop3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

From Online Baptist Rules: "Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture."

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

From Online Baptist Rules: "Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture."

  Very well, as it's your board, I'll follow your rules.

  However, I KNOW - not just GUESS - that  the KJVO myth is man-made & false. While I believe the KJV is God's preserved word in English, it's far from the only version that is, and I was quoting from versions that are in OUR style of English.

 

  But i'll use the KJV in quoting Scripture here as per your rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
3 hours ago, robycop3 said:

  Very well, as it's your board, I'll follow your rules.

  However, I KNOW - not just GUESS - that  the KJVO myth is man-made & false. While I believe the KJV is God's preserved word in English, it's far from the only version that is, and I was quoting from versions that are in OUR style of English.

 

  But i'll use the KJV in quoting Scripture here as per your rules.

This is simply disrespectful. 

This is a KJV board.

It is in the rules.

It has been pointed out to you before.

And you have claimed "advanced member" status, so you should know that.

 But you have also stated that you will not give proper respect, so why are we surprised......

Edit to add: I seem to remember that the Mods told you in another thread to stop it. If you can't abide by the proper authority of this board then why are you here?

Edited by DaveW
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Zechariah chapter 10 may also be related. It looks like Egypt and Assyria will be humbled and then turn to the Lord with Israel. Maybe the Lord mentions these two nations with Israel is because usually salvation is individual - but here we find two whole nations repenting and trusting in the Lord, like Nineveh of old. It’s been quite a few years since I read anything on this topic, but that is what comes to mind when reading Isaiah 19 and Zechariah 10.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

And considering he is always spouting on about readability and understandability, he posted what must be just about the least readable and least understandable version that he could find, with some words in red and some crossed out.

He has posted against his main criticism of the KJV - but has run both side of arguments so often that doesn't surprise me at all.

 

***** One can only post what one sees - apparently the strikeouts and corrections were done by Jim, because this guy posted a non-KJV version quote, which he should have known was against the rules, but which I suspect he knew and simply decided to ignore the rules.*****

Edited by DaveW
Added the ***** note as explanation of my post, since teh original post has now been changed again.....
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So that's why...instead of replacing the reference with the King James...you took MORE TIME (than that would have taken) in order to include the King James while still leaving in the other version?

Unless I misunderstood, you were told by a moderator to cease and desist with your anti-KJVO proclamations...but you just had to throw it in there again...didn't you?

 

  And I said I'd comply.

4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

...and by the way...you still didn't quote it correctly.

 Yes, I did.

4 hours ago, DaveW said:

And considering he is always spouting on about readability and understandability, he posted what must be just about the least readable and least understandable version that he could find, with some words in red and some crossed out.

He has posted against his main criticism of the KJV - but has run both side of arguments so often that doesn't surprise me at all.

  Jim Alaska edited the post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
5 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So that's why...instead of replacing the reference with the King James...you took MORE TIME (than that would have taken) in order to include the King James while still leaving in the other version?

 

This was not done by Mr. Roby. I did it to show the difference between what he posted and what the KJV says.  Sorry for the confusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Jim,

I understand what you meant, but, it is my opinion that Mr. Roby is the individual that is responsible for the confusion; both the initial confusion and the correction confusion. Mr. Roby, when he corrected the verse he left the verse in a tangled mess. When I first read his corrections I felt the same way as No Nicolaitans.

In my estimation Mr. Roby is trying to confuse and find fault with all of the brethren who do not find fault with the Authorized Version. Mr. Roby, and his scorning, and his slander, and his hatred is the problem.

Alan

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Bro. Alan, I think there is still a misunderstanding. Mr. Roby did not make that mess of corrections and strike-outs, that was done by me.

I'm going to try to make this plainer and perhaps will need to delete some posts that were posted in thinking that Mr. Roby did the corrections.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Jim,

I understand what you meant, but, it is my opinion that Mr. Roby is the individual that is responsible for the confusion; both the initial confusion and the correction confusion. Mr. Roby, when he corrected the verse he left the verse in a tangled mess. When I first read his corrections I felt the same way as No Nicolaitans.

In my estimation Mr. Roby is trying to confuse and find fault with all of the brethren who do not find fault with the Authorized Version. Mr. Roby, and his scorning, and his slander, and his hatred is the problem.

Alan

  ...arguing for argument's sake.

I copied the Scripture from the NKJV. Don't believe it? Go to "Bible Gateway"  & check.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

  Care to comment about Assyria, why God chose to bless them in the future, and whom you believe today's Assyrians may be?

Edited by Salyan
Again, do not use euphemisms. You won't get warned for this only because timing suggests that you may not yet have seen the first warning.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
10 hours ago, robycop3 said:

I was quoting from versions that are in OUR style of English.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely don't speak that style of English or any style of English of any translation.  Also, if I picked the Bible based upon my area's style, I would be using the ebonics Bible and it would have no grammatical structure, spelling errors, abbreviations, and not use complete sentences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
14 hours ago, Jerry said:

Zechariah chapter 10 may also be related. It looks like Egypt and Assyria will be humbled and then turn to the Lord with Israel. Maybe the Lord mentions these two nations with Israel is because usually salvation is individual - but here we find two whole nations repenting and trusting in the Lord, like Nineveh of old. It’s been quite a few years since I read anything on this topic, but that is what comes to mind when reading Isaiah 19 and Zechariah 10.

AFTER THE JUDGMENT of the sheep and goats in Matthew 25:31-46 only saved Egyptian and Assyrians will go into the kingdom.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist
13 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro. Alan, I think there is still a misunderstanding. Mr. Roby did not make that mess of corrections and strike-outs, that was done by me.

I'm going to try to make this plainer and perhaps will need to delete some posts that were posted in thinking that Mr. Roby did the corrections.

Now, I fully understand.

In my estimation, deleting the text completely would not only make sure there is no miss- understanding, but, more important, it would put a stop to Mr. Roby, and future individuals of his character, to stop the quoting from non-KJV versions.

Also, and also important to my thoughts, Mr. Roby , due to his hatred, insincerity, and scorning, is using us to further promote his own agenda and destroy OLB. 

Alan

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Thanks for your thoughts bro. Alan. I agree that he is promoting his own agenda, just as others before him have promoted their own pet agendas. But as far as destroying OLB, it's not going to happen. All the others with their own agendas have come and gone without affecting any change in this forum's purpose or even succeeding in changing the minds of those here who know what they believe and why they believe it. Inevitably they are all seen for what they really are; trouble makers.

He has already got one moderator warning, it's just a matter of time before he does himself in. Speaking of things such as warnings, I see that he has 14 minus points on his reputation; I may be wrong but I do think that this is a record. I can't remember even seeing one minus point for anyone else on this board.

Please notice that I say these things publicly and to avoid being accused of talking behind a brother's back. I don't think he is beyond hope, God is in the business of changing people, therefore while there is life there is hope. I cannot help but think that not having one person agree with his agenda and so many in opposition to it that it may have a positive affect on him at some point.

 Mr 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Jim,

I appreciate your thoughts, admonition, and encouragement.

Alan

Roby said, ""Everybody happy now?"

Sarcasm does not indicate to other people your sincerity nor does it diffuse a situation already inflamed by previous missteps.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alan said:

Jim,

I appreciate your thoughts, admonition, and encouragement.

Alan

Roby said, ""Everybody happy now?"

Sarcasm does not indicate to other people your sincerity nor does it diffuse a situation already inflamed by previous missteps.

 

 I shall not mention the forbidden subject again here, secure in the knowledge that the points I made can't be proven wrong. If anyone wishes to try, I am frequently on the "Baptist Board" & will answer your questions there.

 

  Now, may we get back to the Assyrians, please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have a cousin in law who is Assyrian.

  What proof do those who claim to be Assyrians have that they actually are?

  Now, I don't expect to find any "pure" Assyrians now, but I'm wondering who the people are that are descended from the people of the old nation of Assyria, a people who God will bless, according to Isaiah 19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, robycop3 said:

  What proof do those who claim to be Assyrians have that they actually are?

  Now, I don't expect to find any "pure" Assyrians now, but I'm wondering who the people are that are descended from the people of the old nation of Assyria, a people who God will bless, according to Isaiah 19.

My cousin is Turkish but not a Turk.  She says she is Armenian  and they call themselves Syriac, but the Turks  call them Assyrians.  The elder of a Church in London who was a Turkish Cypriot Muslim before he was converted, met her and said "You didn't tell me your cousin is a Kurd."  Later he said he was only joking.  So take  your choice fromthat.

In the Cyropaedia, Xenophon always calls the Babylonians "Assyrians"  never mentions Babylonians, although he describes the fall of Babylon to the troops of Cyrus, confirming the overthrow of Babylon confirming Daniel's account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Invicta said:

My cousin is Turkish but not a Turk.  She says she is Armenian  and they call themselves Syriac, but the Turks  call them Assyrians.  The elder of a Church in London who was a Turkish Cypriot Muslim before he was converted, met her and said "You didn't tell me your cousin is a Kurd."  Later he said he was only joking.  So take  your choice fromthat.

In the Cyropaedia, Xenophon always calls the Babylonians "Assyrians"  never mentions Babylonians, although he describes the fall of Babylon to the troops of Cyrus, confirming the overthrow of Babylon confirming Daniel's account.

  Babylon swallowed up Assyria, same as it swallowed up Judah & many other nations.

   I tend to believe the Assyrians mingled with other peoples & lost their old national identity over the generations, much as the Jebusites did among the Jews. But I believe God will "sort them out" when the time comes. They may be known by an entirely-different name.

   I lean (but am not certain) towards God's choosing to bless them because a great many Ninevites repented upon hearing Jonah's preaching, with many remaining faithful to God  for at least several generations. (Again, no proof; just a guess.)

  Assyria seemed otherwise just-as-pagan as Babylon, but I don't believe God selected them randomly. He has His reasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
On 3/17/2019 at 4:17 PM, robycop3 said:

  Isaiah 19:  23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This editing was done by an administrator. and a full correction by me, robycop3. Everybody happy now?

   I think God will bless Egypt after He finishes punishing them for their idolatry & other sins, because of their close relationship with the first Israelis while Jacob & Joseph lived. But I'm wondering why God will bless Assyria. Furthermore, I wonder who the descendants of the Assyrians are today. I assume they may still live in Iraq her neighbors,  but then that's only a guess. I know there are some tribes who call themselves Assyrians, but their claims seem somewhat dubious.

 

  Anyone have any knowledge ot ideas why God will bless Assyria, and/or who the Assyrians are today?

I think the blessing of Egypt may have been when they allowed the Jews to build an altar there.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
15 hours ago, robycop3 said:

  Right now, the Isaiah 19 punishments for Egypt is still going on; that nation is quite-poor. And the 80 million Egyptians shake in their turbans every time an any of the 6 million Israelis rattles his Uzi their way.

I have never seen pictures of Egyptians wearing turbans, Fez, maybe.

Edited by Invicta
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Deuteronomy 26:5-6 And thou shalt speak and say before the LORD thy God, A Syrian ready to perish was my father, and he went down into Egypt, and sojourned therewith a few, and became there a nation, great, mighty, and populous: 6 And the Egyptians evil entreated us, and afflicted us, and laid upon us hard bondage:

According to this Abraham was a Syrian (from Syria, Assyria). Maybe this is part of God’s reason for offering His mercy to them in the end times. Either way, I do think it is interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...