• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God will bless Assyria...

• Members
14 hours ago, Jerry said:

Zechariah chapter 10 may also be related. It looks like Egypt and Assyria will be humbled and then turn to the Lord with Israel. Maybe the Lord mentions these two nations with Israel is because usually salvation is individual - but here we find two whole nations repenting and trusting in the Lord, like Nineveh of old. It’s been quite a few years since I read anything on this topic, but that is what comes to mind when reading Isaiah 19 and Zechariah 10.

AFTER THE JUDGMENT of the sheep and goats in Matthew 25:31-46 only saved Egyptian and Assyrians will go into the kingdom.

• Members
13 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Bro. Alan, I think there is still a misunderstanding. Mr. Roby did not make that mess of corrections and strike-outs, that was done by me.

I'm going to try to make this plainer and perhaps will need to delete some posts that were posted in thinking that Mr. Roby did the corrections.

Now, I fully understand.

In my estimation, deleting the text completely would not only make sure there is no miss- understanding, but, more important, it would put a stop to Mr. Roby, and future individuals of his character, to stop the quoting from non-KJV versions.

Also, and also important to my thoughts, Mr. Roby , due to his hatred, insincerity, and scorning, is using us to further promote his own agenda and destroy OLB. 

Alan

• Administrators

Thanks for your thoughts bro. Alan. I agree that he is promoting his own agenda, just as others before him have promoted their own pet agendas. But as far as destroying OLB, it's not going to happen. All the others with their own agendas have come and gone without affecting any change in this forum's purpose or even succeeding in changing the minds of those here who know what they believe and why they believe it. Inevitably they are all seen for what they really are; trouble makers.

He has already got one moderator warning, it's just a matter of time before he does himself in. Speaking of things such as warnings, I see that he has 14 minus points on his reputation; I may be wrong but I do think that this is a record. I can't remember even seeing one minus point for anyone else on this board.

Please notice that I say these things publicly and to avoid being accused of talking behind a brother's back. I don't think he is beyond hope, God is in the business of changing people, therefore while there is life there is hope. I cannot help but think that not having one person agree with his agenda and so many in opposition to it that it may have a positive affect on him at some point.

Mr 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition. 

• Members
6 hours ago, Alan said:

Jim,

I appreciate your thoughts, admonition, and encouragement.

Alan

Roby said, ""Everybody happy now?"

Sarcasm does not indicate to other people your sincerity nor does it diffuse a situation already inflamed by previous missteps.

I shall not mention the forbidden subject again here, secure in the knowledge that the points I made can't be proven wrong. If anyone wishes to try, I am frequently on the "Baptist Board" & will answer your questions there.

Now, may we get back to the Assyrians, please?

• Members
12 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have a cousin in law who is Assyrian.

What proof do those who claim to be Assyrians have that they actually are?

Now, I don't expect to find any "pure" Assyrians now, but I'm wondering who the people are that are descended from the people of the old nation of Assyria, a people who God will bless, according to Isaiah 19.

• Members
10 hours ago, robycop3 said:

What proof do those who claim to be Assyrians have that they actually are?

Now, I don't expect to find any "pure" Assyrians now, but I'm wondering who the people are that are descended from the people of the old nation of Assyria, a people who God will bless, according to Isaiah 19.

My cousin is Turkish but not a Turk.  She says she is Armenian  and they call themselves Syriac, but the Turks  call them Assyrians.  The elder of a Church in London who was a Turkish Cypriot Muslim before he was converted, met her and said "You didn't tell me your cousin is a Kurd."  Later he said he was only joking.  So take  your choice fromthat.

In the Cyropaedia, Xenophon always calls the Babylonians "Assyrians"  never mentions Babylonians, although he describes the fall of Babylon to the troops of Cyrus, confirming the overthrow of Babylon confirming Daniel's account.

• Members
On 3/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Invicta said:

My cousin is Turkish but not a Turk.  She says she is Armenian  and they call themselves Syriac, but the Turks  call them Assyrians.  The elder of a Church in London who was a Turkish Cypriot Muslim before he was converted, met her and said "You didn't tell me your cousin is a Kurd."  Later he said he was only joking.  So take  your choice fromthat.

In the Cyropaedia, Xenophon always calls the Babylonians "Assyrians"  never mentions Babylonians, although he describes the fall of Babylon to the troops of Cyrus, confirming the overthrow of Babylon confirming Daniel's account.

Babylon swallowed up Assyria, same as it swallowed up Judah & many other nations.

I tend to believe the Assyrians mingled with other peoples & lost their old national identity over the generations, much as the Jebusites did among the Jews. But I believe God will "sort them out" when the time comes. They may be known by an entirely-different name.

I lean (but am not certain) towards God's choosing to bless them because a great many Ninevites repented upon hearing Jonah's preaching, with many remaining faithful to God  for at least several generations. (Again, no proof; just a guess.)

Assyria seemed otherwise just-as-pagan as Babylon, but I don't believe God selected them randomly. He has His reasons.

• Members
On 3/17/2019 at 4:17 PM, robycop3 said:

Isaiah 19:  23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This editing was done by an administrator. and a full correction by me, robycop3. Everybody happy now?

I think God will bless Egypt after He finishes punishing them for their idolatry & other sins, because of their close relationship with the first Israelis while Jacob & Joseph lived. But I'm wondering why God will bless Assyria. Furthermore, I wonder who the descendants of the Assyrians are today. I assume they may still live in Iraq her neighbors,  but then that's only a guess. I know there are some tribes who call themselves Assyrians, but their claims seem somewhat dubious.

Anyone have any knowledge ot ideas why God will bless Assyria, and/or who the Assyrians are today?

I think the blessing of Egypt may have been when they allowed the Jews to build an altar there.  

• Members

Right now, the Isaiah 19 punishments for Egypt is still going on; that nation is quite-poor. And the 80 million Egyptians shake in their turbans every time an any of the 6 million Israelis rattles his Uzi their way.