• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God will bless Assyria...

• Members

Isaiah 19:  23 In that day shall there be a highway out of Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrian shall come into Egypt, and the Egyptian into Assyria, and the Egyptians shall serve with the Assyrians.24 In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria, even a blessing in the midst of the land:25 Whom the Lord of hosts shall bless, saying, Blessed be Egypt my people, and Assyria the work of my hands, and Israel mine inheritance.

This editing was done by an administrator. and a full correction by me, robycop3. Everybody happy now?

I think God will bless Egypt after He finishes punishing them for their idolatry & other sins, because of their close relationship with the first Israelis while Jacob & Joseph lived. But I'm wondering why God will bless Assyria. Furthermore, I wonder who the descendants of the Assyrians are today. I assume they may still live in Iraq her neighbors,  but then that's only a guess. I know there are some tribes who call themselves Assyrians, but their claims seem somewhat dubious.

Anyone have any knowledge ot ideas why God will bless Assyria, and/or who the Assyrians are today?

Edited by robycop3

• Administrators

From Online Baptist Rules: "Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture."

• Members
6 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

From Online Baptist Rules: "Feel free to quote the Bible, if you do we ask that you use the KJV. This is done to avoid confusion.
The Administrators and Moderators of this site believe that the KJV is Gods preserved Word for the English speaking people, and we ask that you respect that and use the KJV when quoting scripture."

Very well, as it's your board, I'll follow your rules.

However, I KNOW - not just GUESS - that  the KJVO myth is man-made & false. While I believe the KJV is God's preserved word in English, it's far from the only version that is, and I was quoting from versions that are in OUR style of English.

But i'll use the KJV in quoting Scripture here as per your rules.

• Members
4 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

I believe God will bless the surviving people of Egypt and Syria because they have accepted Jesus as Lord.

But again, why is God gonna bless Assyria, and who are the descendants of the ancient Assyrians today?

• Members
3 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Very well, as it's your board, I'll follow your rules.

However, I KNOW - not just GUESS - that  the KJVO myth is man-made & false. While I believe the KJV is God's preserved word in English, it's far from the only version that is, and I was quoting from versions that are in OUR style of English.

But i'll use the KJV in quoting Scripture here as per your rules.

This is simply disrespectful. 

This is a KJV board.

It is in the rules.

It has been pointed out to you before.

And you have claimed "advanced member" status, so you should know that.

But you have also stated that you will not give proper respect, so why are we surprised......

Edit to add: I seem to remember that the Mods told you in another thread to stop it. If you can't abide by the proper authority of this board then why are you here?

Edited by DaveW

• Members

Zechariah chapter 10 may also be related. It looks like Egypt and Assyria will be humbled and then turn to the Lord with Israel. Maybe the Lord mentions these two nations with Israel is because usually salvation is individual - but here we find two whole nations repenting and trusting in the Lord, like Nineveh of old. It’s been quite a few years since I read anything on this topic, but that is what comes to mind when reading Isaiah 19 and Zechariah 10.

• Members

And considering he is always spouting on about readability and understandability, he posted what must be just about the least readable and least understandable version that he could find, with some words in red and some crossed out.

He has posted against his main criticism of the KJV - but has run both side of arguments so often that doesn't surprise me at all.

***** One can only post what one sees - apparently the strikeouts and corrections were done by Jim, because this guy posted a non-KJV version quote, which he should have known was against the rules, but which I suspect he knew and simply decided to ignore the rules.*****

Edited by DaveW
Added the ***** note as explanation of my post, since teh original post has now been changed again.....

• Members
4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So that's why...instead of replacing the reference with the King James...you took MORE TIME (than that would have taken) in order to include the King James while still leaving in the other version?

Unless I misunderstood, you were told by a moderator to cease and desist with your anti-KJVO proclamations...but you just had to throw it in there again...didn't you?

And I said I'd comply.

4 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

...and by the way...you still didn't quote it correctly.

Yes, I did.

4 hours ago, DaveW said:

And considering he is always spouting on about readability and understandability, he posted what must be just about the least readable and least understandable version that he could find, with some words in red and some crossed out.

He has posted against his main criticism of the KJV - but has run both side of arguments so often that doesn't surprise me at all.

Jim Alaska edited the post.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

So that's why...instead of replacing the reference with the King James...you took MORE TIME (than that would have taken) in order to include the King James while still leaving in the other version?

This was not done by Mr. Roby. I did it to show the difference between what he posted and what the KJV says.  Sorry for the confusion.

• Members

Jim,

I understand what you meant, but, it is my opinion that Mr. Roby is the individual that is responsible for the confusion; both the initial confusion and the correction confusion. Mr. Roby, when he corrected the verse he left the verse in a tangled mess. When I first read his corrections I felt the same way as No Nicolaitans.

In my estimation Mr. Roby is trying to confuse and find fault with all of the brethren who do not find fault with the Authorized Version. Mr. Roby, and his scorning, and his slander, and his hatred is the problem.

Alan

• Administrators

Bro. Alan, I think there is still a misunderstanding. Mr. Roby did not make that mess of corrections and strike-outs, that was done by me.

I'm going to try to make this plainer and perhaps will need to delete some posts that were posted in thinking that Mr. Roby did the corrections.

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Jim,

I understand what you meant, but, it is my opinion that Mr. Roby is the individual that is responsible for the confusion; both the initial confusion and the correction confusion. Mr. Roby, when he corrected the verse he left the verse in a tangled mess. When I first read his corrections I felt the same way as No Nicolaitans.

In my estimation Mr. Roby is trying to confuse and find fault with all of the brethren who do not find fault with the Authorized Version. Mr. Roby, and his scorning, and his slander, and his hatred is the problem.

Alan

...arguing for argument's sake.

I copied the Scripture from the NKJV. Don't believe it? Go to "Bible Gateway"  & check.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

Care to comment about Assyria, why God chose to bless them in the future, and whom you believe today's Assyrians may be?

Edited by Salyan
Again, do not use euphemisms. You won't get warned for this only because timing suggests that you may not yet have seen the first warning.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, robycop3 said:

I was quoting from versions that are in OUR style of English.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I definitely don't speak that style of English or any style of English of any translation.  Also, if I picked the Bible based upon my area's style, I would be using the ebonics Bible and it would have no grammatical structure, spelling errors, abbreviations, and not use complete sentences.