• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Really need prayer... Bell's Palsy

Guest Guest

[quote="mainstays"]Thanks all, this is just really hard on me since I am a type of person that doesn't have the best self esteem at times.... I have managed to be ok in front of my family (mom & siblings) but anyone else I avoid. We had our gas man stop by yesterday and he just stared at my face the whole time, I'm sure he didn't but that is what it seemed like. My bro doesn't think that I should be driving but I'm fine if I manually blink my eye so it doesn't dry out. My dd hasn't even seen me yet, she has been at camp since the day after I came home from the hospital. Dh has been at work so I have been trying to take care of myself, the baby and the boys, it is difficult at times since I am still recovering from the delivery.

Thanks again for praying for me!! I really do appreciate it![/quote]

mainstays...As Jerry posted, this is a virus. Just remember that w/ a virus...it has to run it's course. Easier said that done...I know. Both women I know have gotten through Bell's Palsy. The Christian woman, though, seems to be doing much better than the non-Christian woman. Hmmm?

Not...to make light of your situation, but, when I was pregnant with my only child...now 17...I had a case of the "shingles". The doctor couldn't believe it...b/c shingles is associated with senior citizens. I wasn't saved at the time...and, I know that God carried me through that. He took it away...so, I have much faith, that he will carry a Christian through this trial you are going through. Remember..."ye have not, because ye ask not". James 4:2 (last verse) KJV. Keep faith in Jesus...and, He will guide your every step.

Oh...I completely understand about self-esteem. I struggle with that, too. I think it is a "normal" reaction to a sitation like this...Tell it to Jesus...and, we are here to help at OB...as well. Blessings to you, sister!

candlelight

• Members

Yeah, I am trying to remember that this too will pass, but it's exactly like you said... easier said than done. I have been doing better at taking care of myself, walking, more vitamins in addition to the prednisone, but since I"m still recovering from having baby last Thurs, it's harder to do the waking bit cause I"m still sore. :sad

I have been walking closer to God the past few days tho, reading more and praying more, looking for words of comfort... that that has helped me to deal with this some...

Guest Guest

Hello, mainstays! I can't remember if you said this in your original post...but, do you have family close by to help you out? Sisters in Christ...or a close friend, that can help you with your children? That way you can recover better from your delivery on top of all of this. :smile

candlellight

• Members

Here's what I've been praying...

"Lord, help Stephanie to recover quickly from this, but in the mean time give her strength to live with it, and the wisdom to know what it is you're trying to teach her with it."

BTW, I really hope your name is Stephanie, otherwise some other woman with Bell's Palsy will be getting all the prayers.

My kids take prednisone for their congenital condition. I was prescribed it once, and they didn't bother to tell me that it A. increases your appetite and B. increases "moodiness". I had a constant, severe case of the munchies and couldn't figure out why everyone was trying to make me mad. Once I looked up the drug on the internet and realized those were side-effects, I was able to deal with them. But, it also helped me with my kids in helping them deal with the side effects that will be something they can't avoid.

• Members

Yeah, I have my mom who only lives about 3 miles away and 2 sisters that live within 10 miles away. They have been good about asking when I need help but they work so often that it doesn't always work out with them. I do take them to mom's and she let's me lay down while the kids run crazy. LOL

Danny, yes that's my name I covet your prayers. I have noticed that the prednisone is making me a little crazy. That, on top of post-partum depression I asked my dr to put me on anti-depressants to combat the mood swings, my family doesn't need that from me right now. :) I have noticed my appetite increasing but since it is difficult to eat, most the times I don't eat much or I eat so slow that I get fuller faster... not a bad diet I guess :clap: At least my weird sense of humor is coming back. :lol:

I did manage to make it to church this am. I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes to prepare myself. I did get some stares and some wispers but most the members knew about it from our pastors wife asking for prayer for me at ladies fellowship. I was really appreciative of the ones that did come talk to me instead of talking about me to others. There are 2 other members of our church that has had BP even tho our church only has 50 members and most all have known others that have had it. One of the ones that had it is the sweetest lady and she really shared some comforting words. I am glad that God helped me over come my fears and allowed me to go, prayerfully I hope I was an encouragement to someone for doing that.

• Members
Yeah, I have my mom who only lives about 3 miles away and 2 sisters that live within 10 miles away. They have been good about asking when I need help but they work so often that it doesn't always work out with them. I do take them to mom's and she let's me lay down while the kids run crazy. LOL

Danny, yes that's my name I covet your prayers. I have noticed that the prednisone is making me a little crazy. That, on top of post-partum depression I asked my dr to put me on anti-depressants to combat the mood swings, my family doesn't need that from me right now. :) I have noticed my appetite increasing but since it is difficult to eat, most the times I don't eat much or I eat so slow that I get fuller faster... not a bad diet I guess :clap: At least my weird sense of humor is coming back. :lol:

I did manage to make it to church this am. I sat in the parking lot for a few minutes to prepare myself. I did get some stares and some wispers but most the members knew about it from our pastors wife asking for prayer for me at ladies fellowship. I was really appreciative of the ones that did come talk to me instead of talking about me to others. There are 2 other members of our church that has had BP even tho our church only has 50 members and most all have known others that have had it. One of the ones that had it is the sweetest lady and she really shared some comforting words. I am glad that God helped me over come my fears and allowed me to go, prayerfully I hope I was an encouragement to someone for doing that.

Praise God for the good report! :clap: I had been in prayer that the Lord would help you make it to church.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

[quote="TheBibleSender"]Thanks for your prayers. My wife has started to gain some movement back. She is not 100% but alot better. God bless. :)[/quote]

:amen: Praise God. :thumb

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...