• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Exposing the Devil and his tactics

• Members

Dear Friends and Family of God and Jesus Christ, 

This Topic of discussion is by far the most comprehensive of all my teachings I have done Online. I have devoted countless hours in doing extensive research concerning one of the most cardinal teachings discussed in the Word of God. I do realize that to read the entire content of this message can be daunting to many -- even to professing Christians. I feel that this discussion is of the utmost importance in these perilous times before the Glorious appearing of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ (Acts 1:11; 3:19-21; 17:31; 1 Cor. 1:7; 4:5; 11:26; Phil. 1:10; 3:20; Col. 3:4; 1 Thess. 1:9-10; 4:15; 5:4,23; 2 Thess. 1:6-7; 2:1-2,8; 1 Tim. 6:13-16; 2 Tim. 4:8; Tit. 2:12-14; Heb. 9:28; 10:25,37; 1 Pet. 1:3-5,13; 4:13; 2 Pet. 3:8-10; 1 Jn. 2:28; 3:2-3; Jude 1:14-15; Rev. 1:4-8; 22:12-13,20-21). Apostasy is on the rise, and there are many who are too complacent with the knowledge they have accumulated from reading the Bible, and from those who shepherd their flock.

"He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, [Occupy till I come]." (Luke 19:12-13)

"And [the Spirit and the bride say, Come]. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." (Revelation 22:17)

The Spirit of God longs for the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ; and It is their urgency and desire for this to take place soon as they say, "Come" (Grk. erchou; present imperative).

Christ Dearly Loves His Bride to be, and His Bride eagerly awaits His return to take her home to be married. If you are a Genuine Christian, then you will do the same; because it is the Holy Spirit who speaks through the Bride of Christ (the Spirit AND the Bride). This is a CLEAR sign pointing to the imminent return of the Bridegroom. The word imminent in the Bible is interpreted as meaning an event which could happen at any given moment, or without delay. This is a PERFECT example teaching us that it is God's Perfect timing that will usher in the Second Advent.

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and [HE WILL SHEW YOU THINGS TO COME]. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." (John 16:13)

Time is far more precious than gold that perishes when we take into consideration that how we use our talents will determine what and where our position will be when the King of Kings arrives to reward His slaves according to their works (Dan. 12:3; Matt. 5:10-12; 16:27; 25:20-23; Lk. 19:15-19; Jn. 6:27; 1 Cor. 3:8-14; 2 Cor. 9:6; 2 Tim. 4:8; Rev. 22:12). Now this is not to imply that we can somehow merit Eternal Life or keep our Salvation "secure" through good works. Any True Believer knows that works and obedience are the results that follow regeneration, and this is done through the working of the Holy Spirit who abides in us (cf. Ezek. 36:27; Jer. 24:7; Jn. 15:16; 16:13; Acts 26:20; Rom. 6:3-4; 8:11; Gal. 5:18; Eph. 4:1; 5:8-11; 12:2; Phil. 2:13; Col. 2:12; 3:1-3; 1 Thess. 1:9-10; 2 Tim. 1:14; Tit. 2:7-8; Jas. 1:22-25; 2:14-26; 1 Pet. 2:11-12; 1 Jn. 2:27). A life that bears no fruit at all is not a faith that saves, and as mentioned by many True Christians: we are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone (Matt. 3:7-8; 5:16; 7:16-18; 21;13:18-23; Jn. 8:30-31; 15:6).

The Bible makes if clear that most people that have ever lived throughout History will end up in the Eternal Lake of Fire, so does this somehow imply that the Devil was successful because of the sheer amount of human beings and fallen celestial creatures will suffer Eternal Punishment? And because the number of all the redeemed will be significantly smaller than the lost, does this constitute failure on the part of God Almighty? Well the obvious answer is NO! The Bible makes it very clear that those who have rejected the Gospel and suffer the fate of Eternal Torment will only Glorify God as He will ultimately subject all enemies under His Sovereign Rule (cf. Ps. 110:1; Prov. 11:21; 16:4; Rom. 9:22-23; 1 Cor. 15:25; Heb. 1:13). I have suffered an onslaught of attacks concerning my ministry of discernment, and I know that regardless of how daunting it may feel to my co-laborers, but God promises:

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord." (Isaiah 54:17)

1). Intrusion of my home.
2). Intrusion concerning my duties at my employer (computer and work files were tampered with or have disappeared).
3). Home PC and other hardware used for my ministry have been hacked (e.g., stolen passwords and email messages).
4). Sorcerers, Warlocks, Satanists, Occultists, Witches, Black Magic Practitioners, and Counterfeit "Christians" who are all agents of Satan (willingly or unwillingly) casting spells on me (they fail to realize that my Father In Heaven takes care of me, and will NOT allow such men and women to ultimately succeed in their evil deeds. Persecution only builds up the Body of Christ).
5). Encounters with several types of dark entities (they run away like the cowards they are when the Name of Jesus Christ is Invoked).
6). False accusations and slander towards me.
7). Others methods which I will not reveal due to their complexity and a requiring of a higher level of spiritual discernment that most "Christians" do not possess.

INTRODUCTION:

I am writing this message to expose the lies, machinations, and deceptions of the adversary Ha-Satan that many Christians are uninformed about, and have failed to thoroughly plumb the depths of the crown prince of deception who is to come (i.e., the Antichrist). I am also fully aware that in doing such, Satan will attempt to put an end to my ministry, or to hinder it at best (cf. Matt. 16:18; Acts 5:1-10; 17:9; 2 Cor. 2:1-11; 1 Thess. 2:18; 1 Tim. 3:6-7; Rev. 2:9-10,13,24; 3:9). This isn't about "binding" Satan as some false teachers often mention in their prayers because of ignorance and misapplication of Scripture. If you are saying phrases such as "I bind you, Satan" in your prayers, then you are in actuality praying to Satan himself rather than relying on the Power of God and Christ alone to exercise authority over the Devil (cf. Matt. 12:26-29; 18:18; Acts 4:7; Jude 1:9; Rev. 20:1-2). I will separate this topic of discussion into subsets in order to avoid any confusion to the reader; and each subset will be comprised of smaller segments (e.g., "part 1a through end of part 1a"). Listed below are the table of contents regarding the topics which are discussed in this message:

I. Knowing your Adversary and Archenemy (Satan and his cohorts; e.g., human and nonhuman agents willfully or unwillingly under the damning influence and persuasion who are under the control by the spiritual forces of darkness operating in this world).
II. Persecution.
III. Defiance against the Sovereign Will of Almighty God, and consequently being given over to a reprobate mind as a result of human volition (e.g., sexual immorality).
IV. The Condemning power of the Tongue.
V. The god of this Earth.
VI. The Paranormal and "Experiences" (e.g., ghosts, aliens, ufo's, cryptids, etc.)
VII. Sowing Discord within the Body of Christ (e.g., the sowing of tares in the wheat field by Satan; Matt. 13:24-30).
VIII. False Religions.
VIII. The Protection of God's Family and Closing Remarks.

[KNOWING YOUR ADVERSARY]

Part 1A:

So just who are we dealing with here? We are dealing with a treacherous creature with delusions of grandeur set out to thwart the plan and purpose of God and Jesus Christ, and to attack His person. The thrust of this exposition is to reveal the broad range of attacks done against our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I once heard a false teacher who taught his congregation that Satan is not a personal being, but rather a title for the conscience of fallen man. This is indeed blasphemous, why? This would mean that Jesus Christ had the conscience of the fallen and sinful nature of the first Adam; and to add insult to injury: should we ponder, even for a fleeting moment, that the Sinless Son of God had worldly desires of such a vile and lawless creature like Satan? (Matt. 4:1-11; 16:22-23; Rom. 5:14-19; 1 Cor. 15:21-23; 45-49). If you don't find this blasphemous, then you are siding with Satan, and you are also under his deceptive sphere of influence whether you admit to this or not.

This leaven permeated and defiled the integrity of Scriptures, and subsequently led to more false teachings and hypocrisy (Matt. 7:15-20; 16:12; Mk. 8:15; Lk. 12:1; 1 Cor. 5:6-8; 2 Cor. 11:13-15; 2 Pet. 2:1-3), such as the heretical teaching that Jesus Christ is not God Incarnate. Satan deceived himself into thinking that the Son of God would give into his temptations when He took on the role of a slave in the form of a human being with limitations (cf. Matt. 24:36; Jn. 4:6; 19:28; Phil. 2:7), but Jesus wanted nothing to do with Satan's stinking kingdoms, and nor should we (cf. Dan. 2:44; 7:27; Matt. 4:17; 5:3; 6:33; 12:28; Mk. 1:15; Lk. 17:20-21; Jn. 18:36; Rom. 14:17; 1 Cor. 6:9; Rev. 11:15; et al).

The Bible makes it crystal clear that the Holy Spirit will GLORIFY Christ after He ascended to Heaven to be seated at His Father's Right Hand (i.e., equal authority and rulership; cf. Jn. 14:13; 15:26; 16:13-15; Rom. 16:27; 2 Cor. 4:14-15; Phil. 3:3; 2 Thess. 1:11-12; Heb. 1:3; 1 Pet. 4:11; 2 Pet. 3:18; Rev. 15:4). Since it is the function and role of the Holy Spirit to Glorfy Jesus Christ through Christians, then this would indicate that anyone who continues to deny the Deity of Christ does not possess the Holy Spirit; and thus are NOT saved. By the way, anyone who claims that the Holy Spirit (resides in all True Believers) spoke to them in an "audible" voice is either a liar, or were deceived by a lying spirit working for Satan. The Holy Spirit speaks through all Genuine Christians and is centered on the person of Christ and His works (Jn. 1:45; 5:37; Lk. 24:27,44; Acts 10:43; 18:28; Rom. 1:1-2; 1 Cor. 15:3; 1 Pet. 1:10-11; Heb. 1:1-2; Rev. 19:10).

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but [ONE GOD, THE FATHER], of whom are all things, and we in him; and [ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST], by whom are all things, and we by him." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

"Hear, O Israel: The [LORD] our [GOD IS ONE] LORD: And thou shalt love the [LORD THY GOD] with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." (Deuteronomy 6:4-5)

If there is ONLY [ONE LORD], then would this somehow imply that God the Father is NOT Lord since the above passages clearly states that there is ONE LORD? The arguments against the Deity of Christ are based upon the faulty assumption that if Jesus is not specifically referred to as GOD, then He cannot be God. Any first year bible student ought to know that the title LORD is also a title of DEITY. Although they are not exactly the same, the titles of BOTH Lord and God is given to someone who is Deity. Jesus told His disciples that all power (Grk. exousia; i.e., "authority") is given unto Him in Heaven and in Earth; and He Commands His servants (Grk. doulos; lit., "slaves", as slaves to a Master who OWNS them) to do as He pleases as their LORD (Matt. 28:18; Jn. 13:31-35). To deny the Deity of Christ because the title "God" is not applied to Jesus every instance He claimed to possess the same attributes as His Father is absurd, why? If the "Devil" is called Satan, then does this somehow imply that Satan is NOT the Devil? What about the god of this world? or the Prince of the power of the air? These titles are all pointing to the same being; i.e., "the Devil." The difference between the Godhead and the Devil is that the Creator is Eternal in the past, and will remain this way forever. BOTH the Father and the Son are referred to as "HIM" in the Eternal State (Rev. 22:3).

The Bible ascribes several names to Satan:

• Beelzebub (Matt. 12:24)
  • The Satan (1 Chron. 21:1; Job 1:6)
  • The Evil One (Matt. 13:19)
  • The Ruler of this world (Jn. 12:31; 14:30; 16:11)
  • The Prince of demons (Matt. 12:24)
  • The god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4)
  • The Prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2:2)
  • The Accuser of your brethren (Rev. 12:10)
  • The Adversary (1 Pet. 5:8)
  • The Great Red Dragon (Rev. 12:3; 20:2)
  • The Serpent of old (Rev. 12:9)
  • The Prince of this world (Jn. 14:30)
  • The Tempter (Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5)
  • The Wicked One (Matt. 13:19,38)

We must realize who is the Master Potentate and Sovereign over all. The Devil himself is under the authority of Almighty God, and even when the Antichrist rises to power, it is God Himself who has put him in his seat of authority during the final time of testing for all who dwell upon the Earth; and the Lord is the one who sets up world leaders and removes them as He pleases (Ps. 33:10; Dan. 2:21; 4:17). Persecution and suffering only strengthens the Genuine Christians and adds blessings and Eternal rewards in Heaven.

"Now the serpent was [more subtil] than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made." (Genesis 3:1a)

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore [wise] as serpents, and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16)

The Hebrew adjective for [subtil] (Heb. arum; i.e., "shrewd, crafty, deceitful and treacherous") and the Greek [wise] (Grk. phronimos) are equivalent in meaning when compared with each other using the LXX Septuagint. Some may wonder why Jesus would use the word wise and serpent in the same sentence. Serpents are "shrewd" in the sense that they are "clever" in their goings on. Thieves are clever, especially when they outwit the local authorities; but this wisdom is worldly, and exercising wisdom contrary to the Wisdom which comes from above will eventually lead to self-destruction. We must take into consideration that not all wisdom is indeed TRUE wisdom, and it can also originate from demonic forces at work (cf. Gen. 3:6-7; Isa. 5:21; 29:14; 47:10; Job 5:13; Prov. 3:7; Matt. 11:25; Rom. 1:22; 1 Cor. 2:6.14; 3:19; 2 Cor. 11:14-15; Col. 2:8; Jas. 3:15).

"And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired [to make one wise] (Geb. sakal), she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." (Genesis 3:6)

"Who [is a wise man] (Grk. sophos) and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. [This wisdom] (Grk. sophia) descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish." (James 3:13-15)

"He taketh [the wise] (Heb. chakam) in their [own craftiness]: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong." (Job 5:13)

"Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be [wise] (Grk. sophos) in this world, let him [become a fool] (Grk. ginomai moros genestho; aorist imperative), that he may be wise. For [the wisdom] (Grk. sophia) of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh [the wise] (Grk. sophos) in their own craftiness." (1 Corinthians 3:18-19)

Scripture commands and demands that anyone professing to be "wise" according to wisdom accumulated from the world system to become a "fool" (lit., a "moron"). This "diabolical" wisdom originates from the innate and prideful heart of man. Frank Sinatra did it "his own way", and unfortunately his pride and arrogance left him with nothing but a bottle of hard liquor and a pack of cigarettes on his gravestone. Nothing can be more foolish than to be wise in ones own sight; for such boasting of ones own abilities and  strengths will ultimately lead to destruction. Instead, we are to relying on the Power of God and His Wisdom to be a lamp to our feet and a light unto our path; and if we are to "boast" . . . let us boast in this: that we know and understand the Creator of the Universe (cf. Ps. 119:105; Prov. 16:18; Isa. 5:21; Jer. 9:24; Hos. 6:3; Jn. 10:14,27-29; 17:3; 2 Cor. 12:8-10; Eph. 1:17; 3:17-19; Phil. 3:10; Col. 1:9; 2 Pet. 3:18; 1 Jn. 2:13; 4:6-7; 5:20).

"For all that is [in the world], the [lust of the flesh], and the [lust of the eyes], and the [pride of life], is not of the Father, but is of the world. And [the world passeth away], and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." (1 John 2:16-17)

"Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the [things that be of God], but [those that be of men]." (Matthew 16:22-23)

Above is the folly of a disciple of Christ who thinks that their ways and wisdom are better than God's Perfect knowledge and understanding in the affairs of all humanity. This happens all the time in Christendom; and we have all been guilty of this at one time or another in the past. To whine and grumble to God as to why things don't always go our way is to challenge the Eternal Mind of God; for to do this is to reject God's Perfect will, plan, and purpose in our lives, and the direction He wants us to move as He guides our steps daily (cf. Exod. 4:10-14; 1 Sam. 15:1-34; Isa. 55:8-9; Job 38 1-18; Ps. 37:23; Prov. 3:5-6; Matt. 6:28-33; Jn. 9:1-3; Rom. 12:2). I find it utterly amazing that God can put up with the incessant complaining and bickering that He has to deal with moment by moment from His adopted children worldwide.

God Bless!

[END OF PART 1a]

Edited by *Light*

• Administrators

I admit to not having read all f this that you wrote. but promise that I will read it all. Topics like this, because of their length do not lend themselves well to being posted in the general message section of the board. That's because the general section is formatted as a message board and aimed at conversation such as posts and replies. Because of its length a post this long doesn't lend itself to conversation as such.

This is actually in the form of a devotion or study and would be better received by all as a devotion in the board section for "devotions". A lot of members think that if they don't post something like this in the general section no one will read it. But i have found that this is not so because it will show up as a new post from you in everyone's personal settings for new posts.

It will also show a a new post in the "devotions" section on the right side bar.