• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do you explain the Holy Light?

• Members

Can you show some sort of Biblical support for such a thing?

I don't care if science can prove it, although the first article didn't state any scientific proof as far as I could see, and the second spoke of temperature reading in an uncontrolled setting by a single man - hardly scientific.

The most important thing is "is it Biblical?"

Lots of unexplained things happen in this world. If it does not have Biblical support, then it is simply not of God.

• Members

We used to have a house in a small village in Haute Saône in France  In a nearby village, there is a claim that when the church caught fire, two "hosties" that is consecrated wafers, rose into the air and hovered over the altar for three days  This fiction resulted in retarding the reformation in that area. 

I treat that the same as I do the "holy fire".  A complete fiction.

Edited by Invicta

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Miss Daisy said:

I do believe in miracles. But catholics have to SEE to believe. That's why there's so many catholic "miracles". Was this a catholic building or church?

It's an event revered by Eastern Orthodoxy, at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem. Orthodox do not consider themselves Catholics, although from our perspective there is great similarity in their doctrine..

• Members
50 minutes ago, Salyan said:

It's an event revered by Eastern Orthodoxy, at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher in Jerusalem. Orthodox do not consider themselves Catholics, although from our perspective there is great similarity in their doctrine..

We (Eastern-Orthodox) reject the Pope's authority as head of The Church, and his infallibility. Also, unlike the Catholics, we allow priests to be married and have families, as long as they get married prior to their ordination. ?

• Administrators

Thank you Salyan, well thought out and said.

Lucian, you would be well served to closely study what Salyan has written here.

Please don't just read the words over quickly, but study them and compare them to Scripture.