• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Deception in the church visible

• Members

Hello Family of God,

I have had a most difficult time composing this message due to hindrances brought about by evil forces at work using human agencies. And it's not only through human agencies who are anti-Gospel, but literal nonhuman entities who have made a tremendous effort in trying to put a stop to my ministry, which involves exposing the archenemy and his restless agents of darkness attempting to put an end to me. I ask my dear brothers and sisters in Christ to pray that I may continue my ministry until the time the Lord decides to take me home. I decided to place this message in the false religions forum because counterfeit "Christianity" is not Christianity at all.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14)

A dear brother in Christ who has been given the gift of spiritual discernment was accused of being a "natural man" by a professing "Christian" who belongs to many apostate denominations that you would often see on TBN. These wolves in sheeps clothing make outlandish claims of false healings, gold dust falling from above, and even angel feathers coming down upon them in their local churches. This brother in Christ with the gift of spiritual discernment has made several videos on youtube, and he is widely known as one of the best in the field of the discerning of spirits (cf. 1 Cor. 2:14; 12:10; Phil. 1:9-10; 1 Thess. 5:21; Heb. 4:12; 5:14; 1 Jn. 4:1-6). I read a comment directed at this brother in Christ which read: "This describes this person EXACTLY!" And he was accusing this brother in the Lord as the "natural" man mentioned in 1 Corinthians 2:14 because of the counterfeit miracles this brother in Christ had exposed as fraudulent. Do you see the IRONY in this? So who truly is the "natural" man here?

The Bible makes a distinction between classes of "beings" and their titles. There are humans, angels, living creatures or beasts (e.g., "cherubim and seraphim"; cf. Gen. 3:24; Ps. 80:1; Isa. 6:2-3; Ezek. 1:1-28; 10:14; Rev. 4:6-8; 19:4), and the Lord God Almighty. The given names of each individual angel reflect their worship of God and His Attributes: e.g., the archangel "Michael", whose name is to be interpreted as, "who is like God?" The answer is NOBODY; and this is an [everlasting] exaltation and praise from the archangel Michael to the Eternal God (cf. Exod. 8:10; 9:14; Deut. 3:24; 33:26; 1 Sam. 2:2; 2 Sam. 7:22; 1 Kin. 8:23; 1 Chron. 17:20; Ps. 86:8; Isa. 46:9; Jer. 10:6-7). They extol and worship the Creator God forever and ever; thus, angelic beings are not capable of being killed or aging; so there would be no reason why angels would "shed" their "feathers" from their wings. The shedding of something from a creature is indicative of something or someone who is capable of aging and expiring (Lk. 20:36).

I once listened to an erudite Pastor who is True to the Word of God explain to his congregation what will those who will be "left behind" wonder where so many people have disappeared to after the rapture occurs. I have a different take on this: I believe that there will only be a small remnant of True Christians who will be raptured; and because of this, it will not cause a huge stir as to why so MANY people have gone missing. The "few" is in comparison to the population at that time in History, which will be in the billions; so even the "remnant" which has gone home to be with the Lord will be just a small fraction of the Earth's total population. The amount of deception in the apostate church visible today is unprecedented and unparalleled; and a lot of this has to do with professing Christians not taking heed to what the Bible says regarding lies and deception (cf. Matt. 7:15-20; 15:8-9; 24:4,12,24; Mk. 13:22; 2 Cor. 2:11; 10:3-5; 11:3,13-15; Col. 2:8; Eph. 5:6; 6:10-12; 2 Thess. 2:3,9-12,15; 1 Tim. 4:1-3; 2 Tim. 3:1-5,13, 4:3-4; 3:13; 1 Pet. 5:8-9; 2 Pet. 2:1; 1 Jn. 2:18; Jude 1:3; Rev. 3:14-22; 13:13-14; 16:13-14; 20:10). Those who perform these counterfeit miracles profess to back up their claims by citing a passage in Scripture where Jesus said:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and [greater works than these] shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (John 14:12)

The context is clear that Jesus is referring to "greater works" than that which He Himself performed, and this is to be evident AFTER His departure and ascension. The apparent and obvious context is to preach the Gospel to all nations through the working of the Holy Spirit indwelt believers; something which Jesus was limited to during His Incarnation as a man being at one place at a time. If in fact this refers to His miracles such as raising the decomposed body of Lazarus from the dead after four days, replacing the ear of Malchus, and multiplying food, then it would also include raising oneself from the dead; after all, Jesus Himself said that He will raise up His temple (i.e., His physical body) after it is put to death, never to die again (Jn. 11:38-47; Matt. 26:51-52; 14:13-21; Jn. 2:19).

Edited by *Light*

• Members

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Lakewood_worship.jpg

The above picture is an example of just how widespread and ubiquitous such self-centered and carnal these counterfeit Christians are. Who are these false teachers attracting? They are attracting counterfeit "Christians" who are only interested in serving "self" rather than submitting to the Sovereign Will of God the Almighty. My blood boils knowing that there are millions upon millions of false converts who attend church "faithfully", and such men and women are there only to satiate their carnal desires and sins of the flesh. Jesus gave warning signs that will be evident before His Second Coming at The Olivet Discourse in Matthew 24, and one of them was that MANY false prophets shall arise. We know that wars and persecution has been going on since the ascension of Christ, but He also compared them to "birth pangs" of a woman in labor. That is, false prophets will increase in "frequency" until the Second Advent, and this is the case in apostate Christianity today (e.g., Apostle Jimbo, or Prophetess Sherlene). I've heard many lame excuses as to why their prophecies did NOT come to pass such as: modern day prophets can make errors in their predictions and still be deemed a "true" prophet. I've even heard a false prophet making the excuse that the reason why some of his prophecies did not or will not come to pass is because not enough people prayed for it to come to pass. They might as well have cards similar to baseball trading cards with prophet names and their stats, such as:

Prophecies that came to pass: 0, or maybe 1 depending on how you "interpret" their extremely vague prophecies.
Prophecies that have Failed to come to pass: 16
Money given to support the ministry of these prophets: $330,840.00
Number of people deceived: 19,449 and counting.
Day chosen for special anointing through an epiphany received while shaving: March 16, 2018 at 6:18 am.

Edited by *Light*

• Members

These counterfeit "Christians" with incredibly bad theology insist that a "revival" is on its way, and these false apostles and false prophets (even prophetess) are claiming that their lying signs and wonders are a fulfillment of this false revival. It is glaringly obvious that anyone with a modicum of spiritual discernment ought to be able to distinguish Truth from errors and lies, but sadly, this is not the case. Much of these false miracles and false apostles and prophets seek after [external] "evidence" of the working of the Holy Spirit. Is this what the meaning of FAITH is all about? (2 Cor. 5:7; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 2:16; Heb. 11:1). Not only that, if one were to rebuke their heretical doctrines and counterfeit miracles, they would accuse Genuine Christians as being "divisive" and even "blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

• Members

Seems we're just around the corner from the coming of the "beast/antichrist/man of sin" to power. I could be completely wrong, of course, but it appears the signs are there, what with the great "falling away" of many churches having rock concerts for "services", & the world's acceptance of the "LBGTQ community" & fornication. Indeed, the new morality is the old immorality.

No use wringing our hands about it. Our job is to spread the Gospel & let the HOLY SPIRIT influence whom He will. God has set times for everything, & we can't change them by one nanosecond.  But I still believe the USA has more true congregations & true preachers per capita than any other nation.