• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:The Fruit of Hylesism

• Members

First, I now prefer to call the problem "easy prayerism" (a phrase learned from brother David Cloud), rather than "easy believism," specifically because Biblical faith in Christ for eternal salvation is doctrinally taught as the "easy" faith of a child, but NEVER taught simply as an "easy" set of prayer-words.

Second, I find it worthy of notice that when "numbers" are referenced in the Book of Acts, it is NOT how many were "saved" or even baptized, but how many were ADDED unto the church.

• Members

There's a parable in Matthew 13 about a sower who sowed seed representing "the word of the Kingdom": This "seed" was the real deal.  Now some of that seed fell on "stony places" and sprang up, but it had never taken root. So those in the "stony places" actually heard the TRUE word but only had a "head knowledge" because they neither really trusted Christ nor were indwelled with the Holy Ghost. But that's not what this is about. The Philippian Jailor was not told to do a "repeat after me" prayer. Salvation has to take place in one's HEART, not LIPS.  Teaching kids to sing praises to the pastor, aside from stealing God's glory, is controlling people. Making tons of money off people, sleeping with other mens' wives and underage girls by using "feigned words" is making "merchandise" of them. Teaching "repeat after me prayers" thereby inducing folks to THINK they received salvation, is a "damnable heresy" as the whole world condemns Christianity because of the "pernicious ways". But "damnable heresies" sneak in among us "privily".

1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Edited by heartstrings