• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Cards/Passports

• Members

There has been a new law which passed in my country saying that the new identity cards will contain a chip! Everyone is required to have them once these normal ones we have will expire.

Are these causes for concerns? I hear chips and I'm feeling tons of worry. I feel like everything gets to have this. Our new issued passport also contain chip.

What is there to do?

I assume in the US it's the same? the use of chip-identity card required? or chip as a new means in various identification cards including passports?

I need a believer's perspective, please

There's no way to refuse to have these chips in cards, I would need to have a valid identity card but then the chip is used as a new method everywhere in the EU.

Please, please give your opinion

• Members

Chips contain the same information as a magnetic or barcode strip. The only thing that really changes is the capacity to read the card wireless and an upgraded security procedures. If you already have a card then they already have your information but can now check your identity without asking for your card. If this concerns you then companies sell RIFD blocking wallets to prevent them from being read unless you specifically give it to an authorized person. 

• Members

Concerns me on a biblical level. Nothing to do with safety, 

Chips are mentioned in Revelation.

Is it okay to have them as a believer? There's no way to say 'no' since the new cards require chips, I can't walk around without any identity card

and passports contain them as well, the manual passports are only for a year but electronic ones with chips last at least 5

It feels like the chip system is implemented worldwide and I was curious how US believers deal with this

• Members
1 hour ago, Savarine said:

Chips are mentioned in Revelation.

Chips are not mentioned in Revelation. They are just a form of technology. A lot of "revelation teachers" (who are really conspiracy sensationalist) like to equate tracking software for the "Mark of the Beast". The mark of the beast will most likely be a form of human tracking and transaction technology but its placement in scripture is after the Abomination of desolation and is in response to the "Lord's Mark" given to the 144,000. Basically, in the tribulation and after the rapture, before you can receive it you must swear allegiance to the Anti-Chrsit under full knowledge that it is in opposition to the Lord's mark of that time. It is also made clear that those who receive were never saved. Therefore, if you are saved now, by full trusting on Christ alone for your redemption, then you have no ability to ever take that mark.

Revelation 13:5-8 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 14:9-10 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10 the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

Ezekiel 9:4 and the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Edited by John Young