• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Lordship of Christ

*Light*

• Members

Hello Family of God . . . or NOT,

"Then said one unto him, [LORD], are there few that be saved? And he said unto them, [Strive] (Grk. "agonizesthe" [present imperative] -- i.e., "to struggle intensely; a continuous effort to strenuously contend as the athletes did through exertion") to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able." (Luke 13:23-24)

Brackets and ALL CAPS are used for [EMPHASIS]. Please excuse my grammatical inaccuracies and errors in punctuation; as I am a fallen creature who is capable of making mistakes here on Earth. Though some of my words may seem harsh, it is never my intention to verbally harm others in a negative manner; but rather it is to stir wayward Christians to be faithful slaves of the LORD, and to urge the unrepentant who may think that they are saved but are not; that they may surrender their hearts over to the Lord God so that they may be saved -- because tomorrow is never promised to anyone (cf. Ps. 90:12; Prov. 27:1; Rom. 13:11; 2 Cor. 6:1-2; Eph. 5:15-17; Jas. 4:13-15).

Do not just assume that every thing which I have written here is 100% true -- even if it were to be so. More often than not, many Pastors, preachers and evangelists sand off the rough edges of the Gospel message to present it as palatable to the lost in hopes that this method of preaching would draw sinners to Repentance and Salvation (cf. Matt. 10:32-33; Mk. 8:38; Jn. 4:24; 8:32; Rom. 1:16-18; 1 Cor. 1:23; 2 Cor. 10:4-5; Col. 3:23; 2 Tim. 1:8; 2:15; 1 Pet. 4:16). This poses a problem and can be disastrous if the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD is not understood as it ought to be, so please take the time to study this out for yourself so that you may have peace and assurance; and DO NOT forget to pray to the Lord so that He may illuminate your understanding concerning the Word of God (cf. Acts 20:27; Eph. 3:6-12; 2 Tim. 3:16).

To be continued . . .

The duty which has been assigned to me is to expose those who claim to walk in the light, but are secretly living in the darkness of the night. The Apostles would be appalled if they were to experience what this world has become since their departure -- even if it were for just one week. I do understand that the number of the inhabitants of this world has increased substantially over two millennia; and as a result of this population boom, the increase of leaven has permeated throughout Christendom. Spiritual wickedness and corruption has spread like gangrene within the supposed "body" of believers. I will also discuss how we are to live in this world as slaves of our Lord Jesus Christ, and what mindset are we to hold to according to the Bible (cf. Matt. 5:1-12; 6:24; Rom. 12:1-2; Eph. 4:1-6; Col. 3:5-10; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Tit. 2:12-13; 2 Pet. 1:3-4; et al).

I have heard many Christians who have told me that they "feel" saved at times, and then express doubt as to whether they are even saved at all in other moments in their life. There should NEVER be any doubt regarding one's Salvation if the one "professing" to be in Christ is living a godly and holy life pleasing to the Lord (Jn. 5:24; 6:37; 8:31-32; 10:27-30; Rom. 5:1; 8:1,15-16,35,38-39; 10:9; 2 Cor. 13:5; Phil. 1:6; Col. 2:2; 2 Tim. 1:12; Tit. 3:5; 1 Pet. 1:5; 2 Pet. 1:10-11; 1 Jn. 2:3; 3:9-10,14; 4:6; 5:11-13,18). Doubt is the consequence of disobedience and distrust to the Commands contained in sacred Scripture; and if one fails to take the much needed time to read and study the Bible as a priority with due diligence, then this will most assuredly bring about uncertainty in the heart of a Christian.

To be continued . . .

How Sovereign is the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY? We know that His Divine Providence is working ALL THINGS together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Rom. 8:28). He declares the End from the Beginning. When the timing is ripe, Satan will eventually be flung into the Eternal Lake of Fire where he will be tormented day and night for ever and ever (Rev. 20:10). The adversary has been storing up Wrath since his rebellion in the third heaven until now, and he will pay the severest of all penalties for his Treachery as a result of having led billions to Eternal Damnation. Even though the devil knows what the Scripture says regarding his fate, there is absolutely NOTHING he can do to alter it no matter how much effort he puts into it.

Since Satan's nature is fixed as a leopard which is unable to change its spots, he will act accordingly with his desires (cf. Jer. 13:23; Matt. 16:23; Jn. 8:44; Rev. 20:7). The decisions in which Satan will "choose" to perform are revealed in Holy Scripture; and these are the immutable actions and motives of a being who exhibits the worst kind of evil there can possibly be. We can observe the decisions in which he will make in the future as written in the Book of Revelation, and this cannot be altered (even by Satan himself; hypothetically speaking) because there isn't any other creature in existence who can make choices and decisions more wicked and deceiving than Satan himself.

"And why [CALL] (Grk. "kaleite" [present indicative] -- i.e., "these false converts continue to call Jesus their Lord, but their lifestyle proves that they have never TRULY been born-again") ye me, Lord, Lord, and [DO NOT] (Grk. "ou poieite" [present indicative] -- i.e., "continual disobedience") the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

If we were to carefully and diligently study all the verb tenses found in the Old Testament Hebrew and New Testament Greek, we would discover that most of them are in the IMPERATIVE (i.e., "a command") when it is God or Jesus Christ who is speaking. There are more IMPERATIVES in the words of Jesus Christ than in the words of any other person speaking in the New Testament. It is clear that the reason for this is because Jesus Christ is Lord over all; and as our Master and Sovereign, He gives direct orders with authority to His slaves who are to OBEY every word in which He speaks to them as their LORD. You may feel as if this is preaching to the choir, but I never met a choir that sung solo.

To e continued . . .

• Members

"He that [dwelleth] (Heb. "yashab" [active participle in the qal stem] i.e., "to continually remain") in [the secret place of the most high] (Heb. "cether"; i.e., "protection") shall [abide] (Heb. "luwn" [imperfect tense in the hithpalpel stem] under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1)

Most nominal Christians complain about their "right" to exercise "free will" -- but just how "free" is a Christian's will if Jesus Christ is TRULY their LORD? The Word of God explicitly states that only those who live the Christian life will abide forever (Matt. 6:10; 7:21; Rom. 8:28; 1 Thess. 4:3; 1 Pet. 3:17; 1 Jn. 2:17; et al.). How free is a Christian's will if it is *God's Will* that ought to take precedence in the life of the one professing to be in Christ? This is why the Word of God commands every Christian to deny themselves and follow Jesus Christ (Lk. 9:23; Jn. 12:24; Rom. 6:11-14; 8:12-13; 12:1-2; Gal. 2:20; 6:14; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 3:5; 1 Pet. 4:2). You only have two options: you can be continually disobedient and exercise your "free will", which only proves that you are a false convert; or . . . you can obey the Commands of your Lord Jesus Christ and bend your knee to His Will instead, which proves that you are a Genuine Christian. If you are a True Convert, then you really don't have much of a CHOICE. You can have your FREE WILL if you "choose" to submit to the Will of God. How so?

"If the Son therefore shall make you [FREE], ye shall be [FREE] indeed." (John 8:36)

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!" (Isaiah 5:20-21)

To be continued . . .

"That if [THOU SHALT CONFESS] (Grk. "homologese" [aorist subjunctive] -- i.e., "to acknowledge", cf. Rom. 10b) with thy mouth the [LORD JESUS] (Grk. "Iesoun Kyrion"; i.e., "The Supreme Master and Sovereign who has Absolute Authority over all"), and [SHALT BELIEVE] (Grk. "pisteuses" [aorist active subjunctive] -- i.e., "to entrust with your mind", cf. Rom. 10a) in thine [HEART] (Grk. "kardia" ; i.e., "with your mind") that God hath raised him from the dead, [THOU SHALT BE SAVED] (Grk. "sothese" [future passive indicative] -- i.e., "to delivered or rescued from the penalty of sin and Eternal Punishment at the time of ones confession"). For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:9-10)

You may have heard Pastors and preachers tell sinners to repeat such words as "Ask Jesus to come into your heart", or "Jesus is standing at the door of your heart, and there are no knobs on the outside . . . you have to let Him in." Would it make a difference if there was a knob on the outside if you were the one to let Jesus Christ in? Is it possible that there are genuinely saved people who came to Christ in such manner? Sure it's possible; but when we are dealing with an important issue such as the fate of ones soul, It would be wise not to use this approach. Furthermore, local churches are led by the shepherd of that congregation to give instruction on godly and holy living using the Word of God, and to build up the Body of Believers to better serve the Lord (Acts 20:28; Eph. 4:12; 1 Tim. 3:1-16; 2 Tim. 2:15; 4:2; Tit. 1:5-9; Heb. 13:17; 1 Pet. 5:2-3). Misinterpretations of what genuine belief entails have been instrumental in leading many to believe that they were saved as a result of this; and this has led millions of false converts to an Eternal Hell.

To be continued . . .

• Members

The methodology of alter calls and the sinners prayer are often accompanied with sappy music to get the flow going by stirring up the unconverted with emotions that have absolutely nothing to do with godly sorrow (2 Cor. 7:10). Take away the attraction of the music playing in the background, and you will see just how much of a difference there will be without it. Lucifer has the ability to rouse intense emotions through music, especially with musical instruments that are otherworldly -- so be not deceived. He has given abilities and talents to many in the secular music industry, and it has cost them their souls when their time was up. Just "believing" as the "devils" do is not Saving Faith (Jas. 2:14,19). Here is what Contemporary Christianity has become: There is NO:

• Commitment
  • Submission to Christ
  • Giving your life to Christ
  • Surrendering your life to Christ
  • Repentance
  • Forsaking your sins
  • Making Christ Lord of your life

To be continued . . .

I want to make this as explicit as I possibly can regarding the title LORD. The title LORD (Grk. "Kyrion"; i.e., "Master, sir, One who is possesses Supreme Authority" -- e.g., "God and Christ") in Romans 10:9-10 does in fact refer to His Deity, and as the LORD of all. There are those who have the wrong idea that one can make Jesus Christ their Savior, but not their Lord -- or make Him Savior now, and then somehow make Him LORD later on in their life. LORD and Savior are inextricably linked, and cannot be separated due to their attributes. The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ is BOTH LORD and SAVIOR. You may have heard someone professing to be a Christian say, "I thank the [LORD] Jesus Christ [SO MUCH] for saving me from the penalty of my sins through His atoning Sacrifice of the Cross, and I am forever grateful for this undeserved gift from God -- but I refuse to let go of my sinful desires and walk in the newness of life" (Matt. 7:21; Rom. 6:4,6,16; 8:7,11; 2 Cor. 5:17; 6:14-18; Gal. 2:20; 3:27; Col. 3:1; Tit. 2:11-14; Heb. 5:9; 1 Jn. 2:3-6).

He is LORD: (Acts 2:34-36; Rom. 1:1-4; 1 Cor. 8:5-6; 15:57; 2 Cor. 4:5; Phil. 2:8-11; 3:1; 4:1-4; Col. 3:15-17, 23-24).

He is SAVIOR: (Jn. 3:16-18; 4:40-42; Acts 5:29-33; 13:16; Rom. 10:9-10; Phil. 3:20-21; 2 Tim. 1:9-11; 1 Jn. 4:14).

"If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet [HE ABIDETH FAITHFUL: HE CANNOT DENY HIMSELF]." (2 Timothy 2:12-13)

To be continued . . .

The above verse does not teach us that Jesus Christ is faithful to keep us saved if we stop believing; it is teaching us that Jesus Christ is faithful to act accordingly to His immutable nature. Christ will dole out retribution to those who apostatize from the faith: for this is the due penalty for their sins, which is Eternal Punishment (Ps. 72:2; Isa. 11:3-4; Jn. 5:22,27; 8:16; Rom. 2:16; 2 Tim. 4:1; Rev. 19:11; 20:11-15). The sin of apostasy carries even a greater punishment than those who never claimed to have been saved to begin with (Matt. 10:15; Heb. 6:4-8; 10:26-31; 2 Pet. 2:1-3,20-22; Jude 4).

The Doctrine concerning the Lordship of Jesus Christ does NOT teach us that we can "merit" Salvation through our "good" works. No one can be saved without a correct understanding of the Biblical doctrine of repentance taught in the Word of God; and it is then do we come to the realization of just how wicked and evil we are in the sight of the MOST Holy and Just God. The Thrice Holy God of all Creation is intrinsically *self-sufficient* in and of Himself, and apart from every creature (i.e., "The Aseity of God"). Salvation is utterly impossible unless the Spirit of God draws the sinner to Him with His Eternal Spirit, and not by what many theologians refer to as "prevenient grace" (Jn. 6:44; Rom. 3:1-19; Eph. 2:1-3; 2 Cor. 4:4; 2 Tim. 1:9). We MUST understand that we are spiritually bankrupt in our fallen condition, and that we are to turn to the ONLY one who can reconcile us from being the enemies of God to becoming His children (Isa. 57:15; 61:1-2; Ps. 34:18; Matt. 5:3-4; Jn. 12:24; Rom. 3:10). Because God first loved us sacrificially, we love God in return; and our love for Him produces a love which is demonstrated by living a godly and holy life before our Lord, Savior and Master (cf. Jn. 14:15-17,21; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 2:4-5; Jas. 1:12; 1 Jn. 4:16). This is why martyrs can face persecution and death without fear or angst, because their love is perfected in Christ our Lord (1 Jn. 4:18).

To be continued . . .

"For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Corinthians 7:10)

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but [HE THAT DOETH] (Grk. "ho poion" [present participle] -- i.e., "the one who lives their life for the LORD in continual obedience") the will of my Father which is in heaven. [MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN THAT DAY], Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, [I NEVER KNEW YOU]: [DEPART] (Grk. "egnon oudepote hymas" [aorist tense] -- "apochoreite" [present imperative] -- ie., "Jesus commanding the hypocrites and unbelievers to leave His presence") from me, [YE THAT WORK INIQUITY] (Grk. "hoi ergazomenoi anomian" [present middle or passive participle] -- lit., "you who always do lawlessness")." (Matthew 7:21-23)

The Lord Jesus Christ having NEVER KNOWN these false converts is His way of declaring to them that He never HAD an Intimate and Saving Relationship with the one "professing" to be Christian in the first place; not in the past, and even until that moment when Jesus declares to these hypocrites that they do NOT BELONG to Him. This should be a sobering thought to anyone "professing" to be in Christ, and to those who are living a lifestyle of sinning habitually without repentance; such men and women will be in for a rude awakening if they fail to take heed to this most urgent plea. This is why The Holy Spirit through Paul commands that each and every "professing" Christian to EXAMINE (Grk. "peirazo"; present imperative) THEMSELVES to see if they are in FACT Genuine Believers, lest they be found as REPROBATES (Grk. "adokimos"; lit., "not approved") when it is TOO LATE (2 Cor. 13:5; Jas. 2:14-26).

"Know ye not that the unrighteous [SHALL NOT] inherit the kingdom of God? [BE NOT DECEIVED]: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

To be continued . . .

There is no such thing as a "carnal" Christian in the sense that he/she will allow their fleshly desires to enslave them (cf. Jn. 8:34; Rom. 6:16-20; 8:5-8,13; 1 Cor. 6:9-10; Gal. 5:19-21; 1 Tim. 1:10-11; 1 Pet. 3:18; 4:3). The Bible uses the word "carnal" to refer to a flesh and blood body, and it is also used to refer to living in like manner as the unregenerate (cf. 1 Jn. 2:16). When the Bible speaks of the deeds of the flesh, it speaks of a linear, continuous action. This pattern of behavior is completely contrary to someone who has been regenerated and made alive in Christ. These are those who "mortify" the works of the flesh (Rom. 8:13).

"For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal (Grk. "sarkinos"; i.e., "physical" -- cf. Rom. 7:24; Col. 1:22), sold under sin." (Romans 7:14)

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For [TO BE CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH] (Grk. "phronema tes sarkos thanatos"; i.e., "a propensity for sinful actions as a way of living"); but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Romans 8:5-8)

"Jesus answered and said unto him, [IF ANY MAN LOVE ME, HE WILL KEEP MY WORDS]: and my Father will love him, and [WE WILL COME UNTO HIM, AND MAKE OUR ABODE WITH HIM]." (John 14:23)

• Members

MANY are those who take issue with the LORDSHIP of Christ, and the main reason why this violates their conscience is because they want to enjoy their sins without any repercussions. They do not want to be held accountable and submit to the Lord Jesus Christ; who is to be their Sovereign and Master. Satan will whisper in their ears that their sins are justifiable, and there is no need for them to submit to the Lordship of Christ. Only those who are DOING the Will of God as a way of Life will enter into the Kingdom of our Dear Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Sinning habitually is in complete opposition to the nature of God and His work in regeneration. Can someone who claims to be indwelt by the HOLY Spirit live a life of impurity? Here are a few reasons why "professing" Christians want to be their "own" master:

• They are living a lifestyle of habitual sinning (Rom. 8:7; Gal. 5:19-21; Heb. 10:26-27; 1 Jn. 2:3-6,15-17; 3:6-10).
  • They are turning the Grace of God into lasciviousness (Jude 4; see also above).
  • They are a new convert (1 Tim. 3:6;1 Pet. 2:2).
  • They are a false convert (the parable of the sower and weeds; Matt. 13-30).
  • They have a "form" of godliness (cf. Matt. 23:25; Tit. 1:16) but deny its power (2 Tim. 3:5).

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." (Revelation 22:3-4)

The noun "servants" (Grk. "doulos"; lit., "SLAVE") has been mistranslated in nearly every version of the Bible as "servants." If the scribes were honest about what the Greek noun [DOULOS] TRULY MEANT, then they would have translated the word "servant" as [SLAVE]. And the verb "serve" (Grk. "latreuo" [future indicative] -- i.e., "TO WORSHIP God and the Lamb for all of Eternity") denotes servility TO God and of the Lamb from His children FOREVER.

"I tell you, NAY: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3)

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, [THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME THE KINGDOMS OF OUR LORD, AND OF HIS CHRIST; AND HE SHALL REIGN FOR EVER AND EVER] (Grk. "he basileia tou kosmou egeneto tou hemon kyriou kai tou autou Christou kai basileusei aionas ton aionon")." (Revelation 11:15)

The sovereignty of the world will transition into One Kingdom which will then BELONG to the Messiah, and He will Govern it with Absolute Authority and Rule. Christ will hand over the Kingdom to His Father after the completion of the thousand year reign on Earth. The ministry of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit will be finished, and God will then be ALL IN ALL (1 Cor. 15:28). That is, the Triune God will sit on His Eternal Throne of Glory where HE WILL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER in a New Heaven and a New Earth where righteousness will dwell (Isa. 2:4; 66:22; Dan. 2:44; 7:14; Lk. 1:33; 2 Pet. 1:11; 3:13; Rev. 22:1). When the Lord returns to establish His Eternal Reign, He will weed out those who honor Jesus Christ with their lips only, and not with their hearts, and the harvesters will gather these hypocrites into clumps and throw them into a furnace of fire where they will weep and grind their teeth in Everlasting Torment (Isa. 29;13; Matt. 11:24; 13:49-50; 15:8; 25:30; Lk. 13:28; Tit. 1:16).

"But and if that [evil servant] shall [say in his heart], [My lord] delayeth his coming; And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the [hypocrites] (Grk. "hypokriton"; i.e., "the unbelievers" cf. Matt. 22:13): there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 24:48-51)

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him [PURIFIETH HIMSELF] (Grk. "hagnizei heauton" [present indicative - third person singular] -- i.e., "to make oneself pure as Jesus Christ until His Return"), even as he is pure." (1 John 3:2-3)

"And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it." (Matthew 7:26-27)

"But be ye [DOERS OF THE WORD], and [NOT HEARERS ONLY], deceiving your own selves." (James 1:22)

"Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen." (1 Timothy 6:15-16)

"The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken." (Psalm 34:18-20)

"And he had power to [give life unto the image] (Grk. "dounai pneuma te eikoni"; i.e., "most likely an image operating with artificial intelligence") of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed." (Revelation 13:15)

All those who refuse to submit to the Sovereign Authority of the Lord God Almighty will be handed over to a reprobate mind; and God will send them strong delusion (Grk. "energeian planes"; lit., "energy of deceit") insomuch that they will literally worship the image of the Antichrist (cf. Rom. 1:18; 2 Tim. 3:8; 2 Thess. 12:11-12; Tit. 1:16). This image or resemblance of the Antichrist erected by the False Prophet will be able to speak using "artificial" intelligence. God is NOT mocked, and as a result . . . those who are not written in the Lamb's Book of Life before the foundation of the World will be deceived into worshiping not only the Antichrist, but a replica of him operating on "artificial intelligence". They will be under the influence and control of something which does NOT even possess a TRUE conscience mind. This "image" will most likely have enough data and information to keep track of all who have taken the Mark of the Beast (Rev. 16:2; 19:20).

"And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the [dens] (Grk. "spelaia"; i.e., "a hideout or underground bunker, shelter, or base") and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Revelation 6:15-17)

As the old proverbs goes without saying: "Absolute power corrupts absolutely". Those who have been in collusion with evil and demonic entities will try to protect themselves by hiding in underground bunkers or bases; and they know full well, as with these wicked and devilish creatures, that it is God Himself who is pouring out His Full Wrath upon them. Their lust for power on the Earth has corrupted their hearts along with the forces of darkness who have been around since ancient times. All their wasted efforts in preparing for the Great Day of God Almighty is all for nothing, and they are powerless against the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords regardless of their technological achievements. Even with the combined efforts of humans and the rulers of the darkness of this world, they will be rendered defenseless (cf. Matt. 12:45; 1 Cor. 10:20-21; 2 Cor. 4:4; Eph. 2:2; 2 Tim. 4:1; Rev. 20:7-10). Trying to "hide" from the Lord Jesus Christ after realizing that they are outmatched just proves that they will never repent of their wicked deeds (Rev. 9:20; 16:9). If you choose not to surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, then you are a child of the devil; and such unrepentant behavior is not only arrogant, but it will ultimately lead you to humiliation and utter defeat as you will one day bow before the Lordship of Jesus Christ (Jn. 8:44-45; Phil. 2:10-11).

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall [the sun be darkened], and [the moon shall not give her light], and [the stars shall fall from heaven], and [the powers of the heavens shall be shaken]: And then shall appear [the sign of the Son of man in heaven]: and then shall all [the tribes] (Grk. "phylia"; i.e., "the nations") of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from [the four winds] (i.e., "north, south, east, and west"), from one end of heaven to the other." (Matthew 24:29-31)

Some theologians have posited that the SIGN OF THE SON OF MAN is the Cross, but this interpretation does not work for several reasons: one reason is that the SIGN will be "unique" in the sense that it stands alone; as opposed to a Roman Cross which was a common method of capital punishment during the time when Jesus Christ walked the Earth. We must also take into consideration that the SIGN is a subjective genitive case in the masculine gender (i.e., "Christ Himself is THE SIGN"). We can almost be certain that the Sign of the Son of Man is the Shekinah Glory of Almighty God (i.e., "the Presence of God, or the Parousia" -- cf. Matt. 16:28; 17:2; Rev. 1:16). The stars falling, and the skies being shaken with great force is an impending omen that will lead to the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven; and the inhabitants of the Earth will set their eyes on these events occurring in the heavens with great fear. Jesus came as a gentle lamb at the first advent, and He will return as LORD OF ALL at His Second Coming.

"Men's [hearts failing them for fear] (Grk. "apopsychonton" [present participle] -- lit., "continually terrified to the point of death"), and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken." (Luke 21:26)

The blazing Glory of God the Almighty will be intensified as a result of the sun being darkened, and the moon not giving forth her light (v. 29). The Transfiguration on the Mount was a foretaste and a foreshadowing of what is to come ahead in the future when Christ returns to set up His 1,000 year reign on the Earth (Deut. 30:3-5; Zech. 9:14-15; 12:10-14; 13:1; Amos 9:11-15; Jer. 30:18; 32:44; 33:11,26; Joel 3:1; Matt. 16:27; 24:31; 26:64; 1 Thess. 5:23; Tit. 2:13; Rev. 1:7). Christ will be LORD over all when He returns to rule the world with a rod of iron with PERFECT righteousness and judgment at the Second Advent. You can either bend your knee to the Lord Jesus Christ while you still have another breath to take, or you can make the imprudent decision to live like the rest of the unbelieving world and wallow in your sins.

In Closing:

When all is said and done, you want to be absolutely certain that Jesus Christ is TRULY your LORD and your Redeemer; and only then can you have the peace and assurance that you will enter in through the gates of the Eternal City of God. My words may seem crass to those who may read this, but that which I say it taken out of Holy Scripture. I write this with great concern because I care so much about the lost that it brings me to tears every day. It grieves me that our Lord Jesus Christ said that the road to Eternal Life is narrow, and only a few find it. If you are uncertain about your Salvation, then please take the time to consider what I have written. And if you are not a child of God, and you feel the Spirit tugging at you, then now is the time to respond in humility.