• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Ezekiel 18:24 and Exodus 32:33

Guest MrZx

• Administrators

I did actually ask you to address the verses and tell me why you think the verse says you can lose your salvation.

You make the implication of what the verse says, I'm asking you to explain why you believe what you believe. 

• Members
On 2/18/2019 at 1:44 AM, Guest MrZx said:

What do these mean ? No one in my last question addressed these verses, but instead gave me a bunch of verses that you can't lose your salvation. 

Exodus 32:33 King James Version (KJV)

33 And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.

This is referring to the time in the wilderness when the people had sinned against God and Moses went to God to intercede for them  I believe this is God's Book of Life recording all people living. To be blotted out meant physical death. Moses asked God that if He blotted the people out of the Book, to also blot him out even though he had not sinned. Because of the plea made by Moses God showed mercy on the people but did not take the threat away. God wanted the people to know the ultimate price of sin. So I think this is a warning of physical death if they continued in sin. However; God will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy.

Ezekiel 18:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

I believe this text is referring to apostate people. They were never righteous in their hearts. They only have false righteousness and therefore there is nothing to mention. They are pretenders. "If" saved always saved!