• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hubs in the hospital...

• Administrators

Update:

Randy and I went to a neuropathy seminar last week. We were very interested in the approach to health that the represented clinic takes. They believe the body was designed to heal itself (amazing, eh?). Long story short, we have signed up for a 6 week course of treatment that we believe will help heal the nerve damage done by the accident. Randy got the first major treatment today, and he said he thinks he feels change in his feet (he doesn't want to say it's fact because it could be wishful thinking at this point). He'll be going two times a week for 6 weeks. There is, of course, no guarantee, but we do know that tissue will repair itself if treated correctly.

So, he has to modify his eating a little more than he has. We have to more conscientiously drop more sugar from his diet (for instance - no more mayonnaise unless I make it at home, no ketchup...unless I make it at home). He also has to increase his consumption of chicken, turkey, fish, and decrease his beef intake. And no dairy. THAT's what's killing him, because he does love his milk. He got some almond milk today, and he said it's alright.

He's been off bread for weeks, other than the keto that I've been making him. But that uses a lot of cheese, so no more...

The diet is considered a cross between paleo and Mediterranean.  I think the term paleo is kind of silly. It's basically simply no dairy, no grains, no sugar. Another challenge for me as I find new recipes (and desserts...the man likes his sweets and cookies. LOL).

We are excited about this next step in what we hope will be healing.