• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Prayers Answered 100% of the time!

• Members

Hello Family of God,

Brackets and ALL CAPS are used for [EMPHASIS]. Please excuse my grammatical inaccuracies and errors in punctuation; as I am a fallen creature who is capable of making mistakes here on Earth. Though some of my words may seem harsh, it is never my intention to verbally harm others in a negative manner; but rather it is to stir wayward Christians to be faithful slaves of the LORD, and to urge the unrepentant who may think that they are saved but are not; that they may surrender their hearts over to the Lord God so that they may be saved -- because tomorrow is never promised to anyone (cf. Ps. 90:12; Prov. 27:1; Rom. 13:11; 2 Cor. 6:1-2; Eph. 5:15-17; Jas. 4:13-15).

I will separate this topic into parts due to the amount of letter contained in this thread. I also was unable to add another post in another thread I had made recently, so . . . although I would like to post all of it, I may not be able to considering issues that are hindering from doing so.

"Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But [SEEK] (Grk. "zeteite" ζητεῖτε [present imperative] -- i.e., "your utmost desire must be to honor God and His Kingdom") YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:31-33)

I will be focusing on how we can be guaranteed to have our prayers answered 100% of the time. I will also be focusing primarily on the Perfect Will of God, and its relation to answered prayers. It is always my labor of love to serve my brothers and sisters in Christ who are in need of spiritual blessings, and to those who passionately seek to draw nearer to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. One of my greatest desire is to share my experience with God to others through my fellowship with Him; and to help others obtain a greater understanding of God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Nothing in this world pleases me more than to please my Lord and God. Nothing brings me more joy than to KNOW and UNDERSTAND my LORD in ways that I CANNOT possibly express in words; this is why I cannot contain the joy unspeakable that dwells within me, and every day of my life (Jer. 9:24; 1 Cor. 1:31).

It has reached the point in my life where I literally plead with the Lord to take me home through death. Interestingly, this is the ONLY prayer that has yet to be answered; but this does not mean that my petitions have gone unheard, or that it will fail to come to pass in the Lord's Perfect timing. And I pray that I will GLORIFY God and Jesus Christ at the time of my departure. Fellowship with GOD has also given me the ability to conquer any sin in my life. I find it absolutely devastating to sin against the One whom I cherish more than anything this world has to offer, and this is the result of Him having first loved me that I have such an abiding, undying and overwhelming love for Him. He has NEVER failed me, not even ONCE; and He will NEVER fail me forevermore.

I want to begin by examining with our spiritual sight the "model" prayer taught by the Son of God Himself:

"[AFTER THIS MANNER] therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, [THY WILL BE DONE] in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from [EVIL] (Grk. "tou ponerou" τοῦ πονηροῦ; Lk. 11:4 is in the genitive masculine singular; i.e., "the evil one; or the Devil and Satan"): For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen." (Matthew 6:9-13)

Continued . . . 

Please understand that the LORD does not answer our prayers based on OUR timing, but according to His PERFECT Will. We may expect our prayers to be answered in a timely fashion according to our finite understanding of God's Will; however, the Lord works at every angle in our lives which may need adjustment, mending or maturation. Most of this ties into the process of Sanctification in the life of every True Believer; and as our Potter, the Lord does not slap lumps of clay without careful consideration of its conformity to His design in which He already had in mind from Eternity past (Rom. 8:28; Gal. 2:20; Eph. 2:10; Phil. 1:6; 2:13; 4:13; Heb. 13:20-21; Jas. 1:2-4). We may pray for patience or self-control, and we may assume that our prayers are going unheard when it does not come to pass in our timing. We need to understand that there are areas in our lives which need pruning and are of utmost importance (e.g., "humility, being perfect in Love, TRUST, et al"), and we must FIRST have these priorities set right before moving on to maturity (cf. Matt. 23:23).

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that [THE SPIRITS ARE SUBJECT UNTO YOU]; but rather rejoice, because [YOUR NAMES ARE WRITTEN IN HEAVEN]." (Luke 10:17-20)

We are saved by His Grace through our faith in Him, and nothing on our part can merit this free gift of Eternal Life. This is FAR GREATER than being JOYFUL in knowing that wicked, non-human entities are under our authority by the power GIVEN by God. We are not to be prideful over our God-given authority over beings who intrinsically have more power than us (Jn. 14:12; Eph. 3:20; 2 Cor. 4:7; 12:9; Col. 1:11, 29; 1 Jn. 4:4). We are to REJOICE or BOAST that we have been saved SOLELY by God's Grace, and we can never merit this; and to deny this precious truth by attempting to obtain Eternal Life through meritorious efforts is not only PRIDEFUL, but will lead such a man or woman to eternal destruction (cf. 2 Cor. 12:9).

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, [I WILL] ascend into heaven, [I WILL EXALT] my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: [I WILL] ascend above the heights of the clouds; [I WILL] be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be [BROUGHT DOWN] to hell, to the sides of the pit." (Isaiah 14:12-15)

The origin of sin began with Satan and his PRIDE. It was the SIN OF PRIDE which led to his rebellion and insubordination to THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. Satan is not only the greatest deceiver, but he is also the one who is the most deceived OF ALL. Pride has led him to delusions of grandeur, and deceiving others is to deceive oneself by not having the TRUTH in oneself. Humility is one of the most, if not the most fundamental teaching in Scripture on how to live a godly and holy life pleasing to the Lord. To ignore this command to be humble in the sight of the Lord is in and of itself a clear sign of pride and arrogance, and reveals that such a person professing to be Christian is devoid of humility. If our motive is to "humble" ourselves just so that we may be EXALTED, then this proves that our motive is self-seeking. We're are not going to "fool" God with our false pretense through a feigned desire for humility, and such prayers will never come to pass. 

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be [CLOTHED WITH HUMILITY] (Grk. "enkombosasthe tapeinophrosynen" ἐγκομβώσασθε ταπεινοφροσύνην [aorist imperative] -- i.e., "to tie into a knot"; "e.g., "a command to be humble under God through His protection, and not to let this attitude depart; but to secure it so as to let it ABIDE in us"): for [GOD RESISTETH THE PROUD],  and [GIVETH GRACE TO THE HUMBLE]. [HUMBLE YOURSELVES] therefore under [THE MIGHTY HAND OF GOD] (e.g., "the Lord's chastening, deliverance, discipline, protection, testing through trials to mature in spirit"), that he may exalt you in due time: [CASTING ALL YOUR CARE UPON HIM]; for [HE CARETH FOR YOU]." (1 Peter 5:5-7)

Continued . . .

We should not assume that our prayers are NOT answered if it does not come to pass in a time when we expect it to. And we should NEVER assume that God does not care for us if our prayers are not answered when and how WE would have it according to our limited comprehension when juxtaposed with the unfathomable mind of the Eternal God. What's most important is that God's Perfect plan and purpose be DONE in our lives regardless of how we feel personally (cf. Mic. 6:8; Jer. 29:11; Matt. 6:10; 1 Thess. 4:3; 5:18; Heb. 10:36; 13:20-21). There will be times in the lives of those who live godly where suffering is almost unbearable, and their cries seem to go unheard; but we are not to understand this as an indication that God has forsaken us. We must TRUST in God, and wait upon Him until what needed to be accomplished in our lives comes to fruition before we can move forward in spiritual maturity and continual sanctification (cf. Deut. 31:6; Ps. 27:13-14; 33:20-22; 34:17-18; 62:5; Isa. 26:3; 64:4; Matt. 6:34; Rom. 5:3-4; 2 Cor. 12:9-10; Col. 1:11; 1 Pet. 4:12-13).

"And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the [dumb], or [deaf], or the [seeing], or the [blind]? have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say. And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send. And [THE ANGER OF THE LORD WAS KINDLED AGAINST MOSES], and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart." (Exodus 4:10-14)

• Moses' staff being transformed into a snake and reverting back to a staff (Ex. 4:2-4). He also ran from the snake in fear (v. 3).
  • Moses' hand becoming leprous and then restored (v. 6-8).
  • The water taken from the river being turned into blood on dry land (v. 9).

To distrust the LORD is to doubt His Sovereign Power over every affair of our lives, and in the lives of every creature (Job 42:2; Ps. 115:3; 135:6; Isa. 43:13; Dan. 4:35; Lk. 12:7; Rom. 9:19-21; Eph. 3:20; Heb. 11:6). Moses doubted God's ability as sufficient enough, even when the power of the Almighty was clearly put on display. It is an insult to question the Absolute Sovereignty and Power of Almighty God, which is why it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God without FAITH (Heb. 11:6). Many are those who fear man rather than the LORD God, and whether those who do so may deny being guilty of such; this sort of mentality reveals that such a "professing" Christian believes that man has more power than God Himself (cf. Matt. 10:28). There are instances in the Old Testament where even godly men were killed for disobeying the direct commands from the Lord God Almighty (Lev. 10:1-3; 2 Sam. 6:6-7; 1 Cor. 11:30-32).

"Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy." (James 5:11)

No one who prays for Humility should expect the Lord to fulfill that request overnight. There could come a time in our life where we are compelled to question the wisdom of God when things don't go our way; but it could simply be that God is using such a situation to give us a lesson on humility, AND not to question His Sovereign Wisdom and Will in our lives through His unsearchable ways (cf. Isa. 28:29; 40:28; 55:9; Job 12:13; Prov. 3:7; 11:2; 15:33; Rom. 11:33; 1 Cor. 1:25; 2:13; 3:18-19). What's important is what needs precedence in our life rather than what we may feel should be done in an immediate manner.

"For [AS HE THINKETH IN HIS HEART], [SO IS HE]: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee." (Proverbs 23:7)

"Let nothing be done through [STRIFE OR VAINGLORY] (Grk. "eritheian kenodoxian" ἐριθείαν κενοδοξίαν; i.e., "selfishness, or to be self-conceited"); but [IN LOWLINESS OF MIND LET EACH ESTEEM OTHER BETTER] (Grk. "tapeinophrosyn hegoumenoi allelous" ταπεινοφροσύνῃ ἡγούμενοι ἀλλήλους; i.e., "in modesty and not to exalt oneself -- cf. Rom. 12:3) than themselves. [LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU], which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being  in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a [SERVANT] (Grk. "doulou" δούλου; lit., "a SLAVE"), and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2:3-8)

"The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit." (Psalm 34:17-18)

Jesus set the perfect example of humility by becoming a human being. He literally took the form of a slave to fulfill all righteousness. There will always be quarrels and disputes regarding the Deity of Jesus Christ, and it is the result of a mind that does not understand what TRUE HUMILITY is all about. These arrogant and proud men and women will say, "If Jesus was indeed God, then why could He have not simply said: "I am God in the Flesh, and you are to WORSHIP me." This is the same NONSENSE in which Satan himself used when he tried to deceive Jesus into putting His Deity on display in a proud way; and of course the devil failed miserably. Jesus could have said: "You shall not tempt the Lord your God; and that God is ME." -- but He didn't. This is also why Jesus referred to His Father as His God (Jn. 20:17).

"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but [GIVETH GRACE UNTO THE HUMBLE]. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." (James 4:6-8)

Continued . . .

• Members

"Now we know that God [HEARETH] (Grk. "akouei" ἀκούει [present active indicative] -- i.e., "God will not hear the unrepentant sinner") not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and [DOETH] (Grk. "poie" ποιῇ [present active subjunctive] -- i.e., "God will hear the prayer IF he or she is a DOER of His Will") his will, him he heareth." (John 9:31)

"He that [loveth his life] shall [lose it]; and he that [hateth his life in this world] shall [keep it] unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, [him will my Father honour]." (John 12:25-26)

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the [flesh], and the lust of the [eyes], and the [pride of life], is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but [he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.]" (1 John 2:15-17)

Those who live a lifestyle of [UNREPENTED] and [HABITUAL] sinning can [NEVER] expect to have their prayers answered by God. Answered prayers are based upon the [CONDITION] that the one "professing" to be Christian continually does the Will of God. So does this verse somehow imply that it is IMPOSSIBLE for God to answer or respond to the prayers of unsaved people? The Bible makes it clear that God answers the prayers of those who ask Him according to His Will (1 Jn. 5:13-15). Some Bible commentaries have suggested that this can apply to unbelievers as long as the prayer is "according to the Will of God." The problem with that interpretation is based on poor exegesis. Verse 13 clearly says (in context) that those that BELIEVE [in the name] of the Son of God will have their prayers answered, and every Bible student ought to know that CONTEXT IS KING. The assumption is that these commentators wrongly assume that because those who have prayed to God and had their prayers "answered" were "unsaved" because they were a Gentile or a Non-Jew; or that "backslidden" Israel spoken of in a "collective" manner somehow refers to unsaved "individuals" (cf. Jer. 29:13). Moreover, these commentators have even incorrectly stated that certain behaviors or actions were equivalent to prayer (Gen. 21:14-19; 1 Kgs. 21:17-29; Mk. 7:24-30; Acts 10:2).

When we take into consideration regarding those who have their prayers answered, and those who do NOT; it is clear that God does NOT answer the prayers of the lost. One may argue that there were MANY unsaved people who have prayed to God after the 9/11 terrorist attack, and that their prayers were answered. This is a very narrow and shallow understanding of how God works in the lives of those who are His Children. It is to wrongly ASSUME that there was not a SINGLE INDIVIDUAL among the thousands or more people who prayed after the 9/11 terrorist attack who were Genuine Christians. God Himself says in Isaiah 59:2 that the iniquities and sins of Israel resulted in their separation from God and for Him to hide His face from them. This not only applies to Israel, but to the entire unbelieving world (cf. Rom.3:23).

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that [WALK UPRIGHTLY]." (Psalm 84:11)

Reasons why your prayers are NOT answered:

• Your prayers are NOT in accordance with the Perfect Will of God (Jer. 42:3; Jn. 9:31; Rom. 12:2; Col. 1:9; Jas. 4:3; 1 Jn. 5:14).
  • You neglect to forgive those who have wronged you (Matt. 6:12).
  • You are NOT saved.
  • You have sins that need to be repented of (Matt. 3:8; 4:17; Acts 3:19; 20:21; Rom. 2:4; 2 Cor. 7:9-10; Rev. 3:3).
  • You are not TRUSTING in God who is able to do exceeding abundantly [ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK], according to the power that is working in us (Ex. 15:2; 1 Chron. 16:11; Prov. 3:5; Isa. 40:28-31; 41:10; Jer. 17:5; Eph. 3:20).
  • Pride and arrogance (Jas. 4:6-8).
  • The LORD is testing you . . .

Continued . . . 

"Now [UNTO HIM THAT IS ABLE] to do [EXCEEDING ABUNDANTLY ABOVE ALL THAT WE ASK OR THINK], according to the power that worketh in us," (Ephesians 3:20)

It is very disturbing to hear professing Christians who proclaim to others that they worship a God who can bring matter into existence from absolutely nothing (Gen. 1:1; Heb. 11:3; Rev. 4:11 -- In the beginning God created the Universe out of NOTHING; רֵאשִׁית אֱלֹהִים בָּרָא). These same people often reveal sooner or later their level of TRUST in the Lord as they often DOUBT whether or not God can fulfill His promises to the "believer" who is doing the Will of God. I often think to myself if such men and women had this level of "faith" when they called upon the Lord to save them from the penalty of Eternal Punishment . . . This poses a danger if such were to be the case; because the sinner MUST believe (IN THEIR HEART) and [TRUST] that God [IS ABLE] to keep that [PROMISE].

"But [STRAIGHTWAY] (Grk. "euthys" Εὐθὺς; i.e., "right away, or at once") Jesus spake unto them, saying, [BE OF GOOD CHEER] (Grk. "tharseite" Θαρσεῖτε [present active imperative] -- i.e., "a command from Jesus to Peter to be bold or courageous"); it is I; [BE NOT AFRAID] (Grk. "me phobeisthe" ἰμι ἐγώ μὴ φοβεῖσθε; [present imperative] -- i.e., "a command from the Eternal Son of God to Peter not to be frightened or alarmed" cf. Jn. 8:58). And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and [BEGINNING TO SINK], he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And [IMMEDIATELY] Jesus stretched forth his hand, and [CAUGHT HIM], and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" (Matthew 14:27-31)

Jesus was [ABLE] to lift Peter up [IMMEDIATELY] as he was [SINKING INTO THE DEPTH] of the sea. It is far more difficult to lift a person out from the depths of the sea than if one were to lift up a person from solid ground; especially if the person were to be panicking and sinking, and any lifeguard can tell us that. Jesus set forth an example of how God is willing to bend over backwards to meet our needs if we place our absolute trust in Him.

"But let him ask in faith, [NOTHING WAVERING]. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:6-8)

Jesus told His disciples in John 21:6 to cast (Grk. "balete" Βάλετε [aorist imperative] -- i.e., "a COMMAND given by Jesus to His disciples to cast the net into the sea") their net into the sea to catch fish. It was the [WILL OF THE LORD] that they do as He COMMANDED; and as a result, they were unable to haul the fish in to the boat because of the great quantity; so they had to drag the net to land (21:6-8). We also find that the net had NOT been broken even though it seemed apparent that the net could not hold such a great quantity of fish (v.11). NONE of the fish CAUGHT were LOST. Jesus promised that those who come to Him will NEVER be [CAST OUT] or [LOST] (Jn. 6:37-39). Jesus went BEYOND what was expected by His disciples as He also [PROVIDED] them with bread which they had not (Jn. 21:9; see Eph. 3:20). God is able to [PROVIDE] and [EXCEED] what we ask of Him in prayer far beyond what we can comprehend in our finite minds. The rest of the remainder of the fish was obviously put to good use by the Disciples after they had breakfast with Jesus, and NOT for selfish gain (cf. Matt. 5:42; Lk. 6:31,38; 1 Pet. 4:7-11; 1 Jn. 3:16-24).

This is NOT to suggest that if we ask the Lord for a steak and lobster dinner, that He will provide us with steak, lobster, AND a baked potato enough for 3 people. I recall a sermon about "faith" preached by a young Pastor of a non-denominational church; and he gave some of the worst examples of biblical faith ever. He had a proclivity to preach sermons on the "generosity" of God, and how the Lord gives His people the desires of their hearts . . . IF they have enough "faith" (Ps. 37:4). The problem with the examples this Pastor gave was that it had NOTHING to do with godliness with contentment (1 Tim. 6:6-11) -- but just GAIN, such as fleeting passions and lusts which are but momentary. He bragged to his congregation about the time he had prayed for snow when it was off season, and a steak dinner because he wasn't satisfied with what was offered to him by his wife. He continued on to boast to his congregation that one of his friends called him on the phone, and invited him to dinner at a restaurant where he ordered steak. All this was supposedly paid for by his friend. Apparently he had not read what Jesus Himself taught regarding the beatitude attitudes of the children of God; and how God gives Common Grace to ALL (cf. Gen. 8:22; Nah. 1:3; Ps. 145:9; Matt. 5:45; Lk. 6:35; Acts 14:17). 

I had approached this Pastor after the service was over with and gently took him aside to explain in detail why his sermon had almost nothing to do with faith that is taught in Scripture. I was thrilled to discover a month later from my friend (who introduced me to his Pastor), that this Pastor (Andrew) continued his sermon series about *faith* in which he surprisingly preached the true meaning of faith according to the Bible (Mk. 11:24; 17:20; Jn. 11:40; Rom. 1:17; 4:3; Gal. 2:20; Heb. 11:1-40; Jas. 1:6; 1 Jn. 5:5). Sadly, there are so many deceived men and women who are under the teachings of demon-possessed preachers, pastors, and bible teachers; or those who are led by demonic spirits that teach their willing listeners with tickled ears what their evil and selfish heart desires. God does NOT give what the natural, unregenerate and sinful man or woman already wants. The Satan tried to do this with the Sinless Son of God and FAILED miserably. If the Lord puts it in the heart of the unregenerate the desire to receive the free gift of Eternal Life, then He will in no way turn them away; because it is His Will that those who are given to Him will never be lost (Jn. 6:37,44; 18:9; Acts 11:18; 2 Cor. 7:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9; 1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Tim. 2:25; 2 Pet. 3:9).

Continued . . .

"And [FORGIVE] (Grk. "aphes" ἄφες [aorist imperative] -- i.e., "you are commanded to forgive whenever it is asked of you") us our [DEBTS] (Grk. "opheilemata" ὀφειλήματα; i.e., "an offense, and even sin"), as we our debtors. For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." (Matthew 6:12,14-15)

There is a parallel passage of Matthew 6:12 found in Luke 11:14; and we find that the word SINS is used in lieu of DEBTS. This is to be understood that if one refuses to forgive others who have wronged them; then the Lord will NOT forgive that unforgiving person of their sins. This not only hinders the prayers of the unforgiving; but it can very well mean that such an unforgiving person may not have been forgiven for all of their sins at their supposed "conversion". The one who has been FORGIVEN for ALL THEIR SINS before God will in like manner be FORGIVING. This is because the one forgiven TRULY understands how GREAT the Mercy and Forgiveness of God is, and the serious nature of sin before the Thrice Holy and Just God. Continual lack of forgiveness is indicative that such a person may be in danger of Eternal Punishment if not repented of.

"And [FORGIVE] (Grk. "aphes" ἄφες; second aorist active imperative) us our [SINS] (Grk. "hamartias" ἁμαρτίας; i.e., "sins"); for we also [FORGIVE] (Grk. "aphiomen" ἀφίομεν; present active indicative) every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from [EVIL] (Grk. "tou ponerou" τοῦ πονηροῦ [genitive masculine singular] -- i.e, "the evil one"). (Luke 11:4)

BOTH passages speak of the one forgiven to forgive others WITHOUT LIMIT, and this is NOT an option; this is a COMMAND (cf. Matt. 18:22). This is not to imply that if a True Christian fails to ask God to forgive them for some sin that they have unknowingly committed (whether in deed or in thought), that the Lord will not forgive them if they fail to confess them before Him; but to WITHHOLD forgiveness to anyone is not only a direct and willful act of disobedience and sin -- it is also rebellion and pride, and this will grieve the Holy Spirit of God. If we are True Christian, then it is only a matter of time before we will face the chastening hand of the Lord (Prov. 3:12; 1 Cor. 11:32; Heb. 12:6-7); and if not, then we shouldn't expect any of our prayers to be answered. Failure or neglect to forgive anyone at any given moment not only means that we have fallen victim to the Devil (i.e., "the evil one") -- but it may be indicative that you may not be saved at all, since willful disobedience to a DIRECT COMMAND from Jesus Christ Himself may point to an unregenerate heart if this is your pattern of life (Prov. 28:13; Matt. 7:16-23; Jn. 10:27-29; 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:1; 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Jn. 3:9; 4:7-8; 5:18).

"And whatsoever [YE SHALL ASK] (Grk. "aitesete" αἰτήσητε) [IN MY NAME] (i.e., "as a follower of Jesus Christ"; cf. Jn. 10:27-29), [THAT WILL I DO] (Grk. "poieso" ποιήσω; i.e., "it WILL be granted to you"), that the Father may be [GLORIFIED IN THE SON]. If ye shall ask [ANY THING IN MY NAME], I will do it." (John 14:13-14)

Ye shall ask (Grk. "aitesete" αἰτήσητε [aorist active subjunctive]; second person plural) is a decision to pray and request that our petitions will be fulfilled solely on the basis of GLORIFYING GOD and His Kingdom; and NOT involving any self-seeking motives. This guarantees that our prayers will come to pass 100% of the time. If we pray for God's Will to be done, then it WILL come to pass 100% of the time. Knowing God's Will and desiring for His Will to be done ought to go together. How can a prayer that involves the Will of God NOT come to pass since there is nothing which can thwart the plans and purposes of Almighty God? It is IMPOSSIBLE for such a prayer NOT to come to pass!

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, [MY COUNSEL SHALL STAND, AND I WILL DO ALL MY PLEASURE]: Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, [I WILL ALSO BRING IT TO PASS; I HAVE PURPOSED IT, I WILL ALSO DO IT]" (Isaiah 46:9-11)

"For the LORD of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?" (Isaiah 14:27)

"[ASK], and it shall be [GIVEN]; [SEEK], and ye shall [FIND]; [KNOCK], and it shall be [OPENED] unto you: For every one that asketh [RECEIVETH]; and he that seeketh [FINDETH]; and to him that knocketh it shall be [OPENED]." (Matthew 7:7-8)

The book of Psalms contain a plenitude of prayers from King David to the LORD. His heart is poured out unto God as he praises and extols the LORD by revealing his thoughts through words for the loving-kindness, mercy, and an enduring forgiveness of God which is without end. This takes you inside the heart and mind of a godly man who finds delight in the laws of God; he also expresses his innermost emotions and desires as he declares to God that he hates the things which the LORD hates, and loving the things which the LORD loves (Ps. 37:4; 40:8; 119:97).

Can your prayers be answered 100% of the time? I can assure anyone that the answer is an emphatic YES!!!

"[CALL] unto me, and [I WILL ANSWER THEE], and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jeremiah 33:3)

If our prayers are answered 100% of the time, then this is a clear indication that each of the [steps] that we take in our Christian WALK are constantly being led by the Spirit of God; and if NOT . . . then we must rightly discern why such is the case (cf. Ps. 37:23; Prov. 20:24; Jas. 1:5,17). And if we cannot rightly discern why, then we are to ASK of God in faith (i.e., "FAITH IN GOD'S ABILITY, AND NOT OUR OWN") who will grant us the ability to do so (Josh. 24:15; 1 Kgs. 18:21; Matt. 7:7; 1 Cor. 12:31; Jas. 1:5; Rev. 3:16). We MUST ask the Lord with a candid and sincere heart to give us the wisdom and understanding in order to help us determine where we need to mature spiritually, and to move forward in our service to the Lord (Deut 11:13; Ps. 119:10; 1 Sam. 12:24; Matt. 5:6; Jn. 12:26; Rom. 12:1,11; 2 Cor. 1:12; Eph. 4:15-16; Col. 1:9-10; 3:23-24; 1 Tim. 1:12; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; Tit. 2:7; Heb. 5:12-14; 1 Pet. 2:1; 2 Pet. 1:5; 3:18).

If we are struggling with difficulties in specific areas in our lives: such as ongoing sins that we would rather not speak about, then POUR OUT YOUR HEART to God who understands our plight and DEEPEST STRUGGLES. He will then answer us as we wait for His PROMISES to bring our petitions to pass (1 Sam. 1:15; 16:7; Ps. 51:10; 62:8; 142:1-7; Dan. 9:4). Failure to do so is to doubt the Wisdom, Power, and Understanding of God; and this is an INSULT to the God of all creation. Hidden sins or dishonesty to the Holy Spirit of Truth led to the lights being turned off for Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5:1-11). If we can't quite get it out what needs to be said in our prayers; then boldly ask the Lord to SEARCH OUR HEART, and He will bring it to pass what is much needed to get through our ordeals and hardships (cf. 1 Sam. 16:7; Ps. 44:21; 51:10; Jer. 17:9-10; Rom. 8:26; Heb. 4:12; 10:22).

"Let us draw near with a [TRUE HEART] in [FULL ASSURANCE OF FAITH], having our [HEARTS SPRINKLED FROM AN EVIL CONSCIENCE], and our bodies washed with pure water." (Hebrews 10:22)

The meaning behind a [TRUE HEART] (Grk. "alethines kardias" ἀληθινῆς καρδίας; i.e., "genuineness of our thoughts and feelings; being "genuine, sincere, and without dissimulation, guile, hypocrisy, or any ulterior motives" (cf. Jer. 24:7; Matt. 15:8). Knowing this, we can have FULL ASSURANCE (Grk. "plerophoria" πληροφορίᾳ; i.e., "a hope which should abide in and with us until the end") that our prayers will be answered by Him who is True and Faithful. We can be absolutely assured with unbreakable confidence that God WILL keep His promises without wavering, and with no strings attached, as we continually abide in His Will for our lives. He will give us the much needed strength to persevere in and through our trials; now, and to the very end (cf. Col. 2:2; Phil. 1:6; Heb. 6:10).

"Behold, thou desirest [TRUTH] in the [INWARD PARTS]: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom." (Psalm 51:6)

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1)

If we are in the Family of God, then we can rest assured that we are under the care of God The Almighty. Whatever difficulty or anxiety which is wearing us down; we need not to worry If our house is built upon the rock. It is The Sovereign God who has permitted these fiery trials to come about; and it is The Sovereign God who will complete the good work He has begun in our lives until the very end (1 Cor. 10:13; Phil. 1:6; Jas. 1:2).

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with [ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS] in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved." (Ephesians 1:3-6)

HOW does one pray? Do we pray with our eyes closed? Do we pray with our eyes opened? Do we pray standing up? Do we pray on our knees? Most importantly is our [desire] rather than our posture; for it is God who knows our hearts better than we ourselves know it (1 Sam. 16:7; Ps. 139:4; Eccl. 12:14; Jer. 16:7; 17:10; Rev. 2:23). Do you hunger and thirst after righteousness? Are these your heartfelt desires? If our desires are TRULY God-Centered, then our petitions will be granted as God will bestow upon us every PERFECT GIFT we ask of Him (Jas. 1:17); and He will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19).

"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and [there is none upon earth that I DESIRE beside thee]. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." (Psalm 73:25-26)

In Closing:

"But my God [SHALL SUPPLY] (Grk. "plerosei" πληρώσει; i.e., "to supply with abundance" -- cf. Eph. 3:20-21) all your [NEED] (Grk. "chreian" χρείαν) according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

"From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." (James 4:1-3)

"[Delight thyself also in the Lord]: and he shall give thee [the desires of thine heart]." (Psalm 37:4)

What are we praying for? A parking space? Good seats at a movie theater? To win the Lottery? A higher paying job so that we may use most of our income to serve self? As Jesus taught in His model prayer: our petitions should place God and His Kingdom FIRST. What are the desires of our heart? Do we delight ourselves in the Lord? The one who delights himself in the Lord will seek after spiritual blessings rather than earthly and temporal riches which can only do harm rather than good. What we desire is to be what the Lord God desires for us, and what is part and parcel of His complete and perfect will for us in preparation for the age to come (cf. Ps. 139:16-17; Jer. 29:11; Jn. 6:27; Rom. 6:22; 8:28-19; 12:2; Eph. 1:4-5; 2:10; 2 Pet. 1:3-4). 

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom [I have suffered the loss of all things], and do count them [BUT DUNG] (Grk. "skybala" κύβαλα; i.e., "rubbish, manure, or trash that is thrown to dogs"), [THAT I MAY WIN CHRIST], And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" (Philippians 3:8-9)

This is to be the FOCUS of everyone who professes to Love the Lord, and to continually seek to be conformed to the image of the Son of God. And if this is our desire, then we must also be prepared to live a life of fiery ordeals and nonstop attacks from the enemy. Abiding in Christ and taking up your cross daily will inevitably bring about persecution, suffering, hatred from the world, and separation from even among your own flesh and blood relatives (Lk. 14:26; 16:33; 1 Pet. 5:6-10). God will strengthen us with endurance, character, and a hope that cannot fail. Even during all of the aforementioned, we should NEVER lose heart; because God is TRUE AND FAITHFUL to deliver us out of all affliction when we cry out to Him in prayer (Ps. 27:1; 18:6; 34:4; 120:1; Isa. 41:13; Rom. 5:3-5; 8:17-18; Phil. 4:13).

"But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, [LAY HOLD ON] (Grk. "epilabou" ἐπιλαβοῦ [aorist imperative] -- i.e., "to take hold of without ever letting go") eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses." (1 Timothy 6:11-12)

God Bless!