• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Lose your Salvation

Guest MrZX

Is Ezekial 18:24 and Exodus 32:33 one of the many verses that you can lose your salvation. I see many verses that we can't lose our salvation , although don't verses like this contradict each other.

Also if a Christian believes you can lose your salvation. Are they really saved ? 

• Members

I can present with irrefutable arguments that proves that a Genuine Believer CANNOT "lose" their Salvation if they have TRULY been born-again. I can also provide using context, exegesis and hermeneutics to prove without any doubt that the Doctrine of Eternal Security is Biblical. Unfortunately, there are those who just want to lure Christians into a trap by denying this precious Truth. 

Here is just one out of MANY irrefutable proofs:

"My sheep [HEAR] my voice, and I [KNOW] them, and they [FOLLOW] me: And I give unto them eternal life; and [THEY SHALL NEVER PERISH], neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (John 10:27-29)

Jesus said that He gives His sheep Eternal Life; but His sheep are the ones who "continually" hear and follow Him; and are known by their Chief Shepherd (Jesus) in the most intimate manner. These are"characteristics" of His sheep, and they will never perish. The words "they shall never perish" (Grk. "kai ou me apolontai eis ton aiona" καὶ οὐ μὴ ἀπόλωνται εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα; i.e., "they shall never perish, no not ever") in the Greek grammar is referred to as an emphatic double negative (similar to Verily, Verily) or (e.g., "No, not, ever"). The Greek verbs "hear" (Grk. "akouousin" ἀκούουσιν; i.e., "to obediently listen to the voice of the Chief Shepherd"), "know" (Grk. "ginosko" γινώσκω; i.e., "a deep and intimate understanding of") and "follow" (Grk. "akolouthousin" ἀκολουθοῦσίν; i.e., "to FOLLOW one who LEADS") are all in the present tense, active voice, and the mood is in the indicative (cf. Jn. 8:12). This all suggests that the characteristic's of Jesus sheep will "continue" to "hear, know His voice, and follow" Him.

Some have argued that "as" one of Jesus' sheep, one could ("on their own free will") voluntarily remove or jump out of Jesus' hand -- and therefore "forfeit" their Salvation. The problem with that argument is that the passage says "NO MAN" shall pluck them out of my Hand; this would also include the "sheep" in the hands of BOTH the Father and the Son. The teaching that one of Jesus' sheep can voluntarily jump out of His hand would not work for several reason -- even using the "free will" argument. The reasons are:

• Jesus said that His (possessive pronoun) sheep will not listen to the "voice of strangers" or false shepherds; but will "flee" from them. (John 10:5)
  • Jesus said that even if one of His sheep wanders off voluntarily, He will leave the 99 in His fold to seek out that sheep that wandered astray [free will and voluntarily] (Lk. 15:1-6)
  • Jesus said that He is the TRUE shepherd and not a hireling; for hirelings abandon their sheep when there's danger approaching (John 10:12 -- i.e., "wolves").
  • Jesus is the GOOD SHEPHERD, so He will keep His sheep safe at all times. If Jesus allows His sheep to wander off and does nothing about it; how then is He the Good Shepherd?
  • One might argue that the sheep that have wandered astray in Luke 15:1-6 refers to the unsaved, and not those who already belong to Christ. Romans 5:8-9 states: "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, [WHILE WE WERE YET SINNERS], Christ died for us. [MUCH MORE THEN, BEING NOW JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD], we shall be saved from wrath through him."
  • The subject (i.e., "Jesus' sheep" or "them") in that passage uses the reflexive pronoun; meaning that the "subject" (i.e., "Jesus' sheep or him/herself") in the hands of both the Father and the Son will have nothing to do with him/herself being plucked out. A great place to start would be an examination of the fruit of the Spirit. If you TRULY belong to Christ, then a spiritual inventory check would be the first place to start (cf. 2 Cor. 13:5). Do these Christlike characteristics abide in you?
  • Love
  • Joy
  • Peace
  • Self-control
  • Kindness
  • Goodness
  • Gentleness
  • Faithfulness
  • Patience

If you are in complete opposition of these Spiritual fruits, then that is a "red flag" that you may not be saved, or were never saved to begin with. When we are born-again, we are "new" creatures in Christ, and sin will have less dominion overs us during our life (cf. Matt. 3:8; Rom. 12:2-3; 2 Cor. 5:17; Heb. 6:1; 1 Jn. 3:9; 5:4; et al.). As we progress spiritually, we will have a greater hatred towards sin, and keep the commandments because we want to please God.

God Bless!

Edited by *Light*

• Members

And we can even take a simple approach:

Joh 3:15-16
(15)  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
(16)  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Note that in speaking about being born again Jesus uses the names "Eternal life" and "Everlasting life" when talking about this kind of life.

I know this is simplistic, but something is not everlasting if there is ANY WAY AT ALL that it could end.

And something is not Eternal if there is ANY WAY AT ALL that it could come to an end.

I now I am simple, but when God calls it eternal life and everlasting life, I believe Him.

That alone is enough for me to read a passage that seems like it might be talking about losing salvation, and say to myself "there must some other explanation, because salvation is ETERNAL LIFE".

• Members
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, Guest MrZX said:

Is Ezekial 18:24 and Exodus 32:33 one of the many verses that you can lose your salvation. I see many verses that we can't lose our salvation , although don't verses like this contradict each other.

Also if a Christian believes you can lose your salvation. Are they really saved ? 

We are sealed by the Holy Spirit unto the day of our resurrection and glorification, and the term used  by Paul for sealing was Roman adoption, once one was adopted, never could be undone!