• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

[VICTORY OVER SIN]

• Members
Hello Family of God,

"[COME NOW], and [LET US REASON TOGETHER], saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18)

This message will be divided into sections because of the length of it.

"For this cause [I BOW MY KNEES] unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom [THE WHOLE FAMILY IN HEAVEN AND EARTH IS NAMED], That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to [BE STRENGTHENED WITH MIGHT BY HIS SPIRIT IN THE INNER MAN]; That Christ may [DWELL IN YOUR HEARTS] by faith; that ye, being [ROOTED] and [GROUNDED] in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the [BREADTH], and [LENGTH], and [DEPTH], and [HEIGHT]; And to [KNOW THE LOVE OF CHRIST], which passeth knowledge, that ye might [BE FILLED WITH ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD]." (Ephesians 3:14-19)

PART 1:

Brackets and ALL CAPS are used for [EMPHASIS]. Please excuse my grammatical inaccuracies and errors in punctuation; as I am a fallen creature who is capable of making mistakes here on Earth. Though some of my words may seem harsh, it is never my intention to verbally harm others in a negative manner; but rather it is to stir wayward Christians to be faithful slaves of the LORD, and to urge the unrepentant who may think that they are saved but are not; that they may surrender their hearts over to the Lord God so that they may be saved -- because tomorrow is never promised to anyone (cf. Ps. 90:12; Prov. 27:1; Rom. 13:11; 2 Cor. 6:1-2; Eph. 5:15-17; Jas. 4:13-15). 

I have to wake up each morning to such absurdities on the local news discussing topics as: are these two muppets gay? This is what the news has devolved into; whether two inanimate objects are gay! Or about some celebrity in Hellywood taking up almost 15 minutes of airtime. There are terrorists, wars, famine, and people dying all over the world because of neglect; and this is the GARBAGE that is at times referred to as "BREAKING NEWS".

"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, [THE SPIRIT THAT NOW WORKETH IN THE CHILDREN OF DISOBEDIENCE]: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others." (Ephesians 2:2-3)

The Good News of the Gospel has been veiled to those who are on their way to destruction; because the god of this world has BLINDED the minds of these lost men and women; and they are being controlled like puppets by an entire host of nonhuman entities that occupy the realm above, below, and on Terra Firma (2 Cor. 4:3-4; Eph. 2:2-3; Col. 1:16; Rev. 6:15; 9:3-10; 13:1,11-18; 12:7). A man or woman who is not being constantly led by the Spirit can easily fall victim to the desires of unclean spirits; and such people do not need to be "possessed" by such unclean entities in order for them to influence the disobedient who are under the control of the present age of the world (cf. Matt. 12:43-45). Even Christians can be inflicted by nonhuman entities as a result of disobedience, chastisement, to keep him/her in submission to God through humility, or to keep a Christian on their toes (2 Cor. 2:10-11; 12:7-9; Eph. 4:26-27; 6:12; Jas. 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:8).

I have prayed unceasingly to the LORD for wisdom, spiritual discernment, and understanding concerning the rapid decline of morality in today's world; not only of those who are part of the world system (cf. 2 Tim. 3:3) -- but those who "profess" to be Christian . . . and undoubtedly, there are also MANY who are deluded into believing that they have been "born-again" while being completely devoid of the Holy Spirit; so they often say to themselves, "why can't I achieve victory over my struggle with my sins?" I will discuss in length on how the TRUE CHRISTIAN can overcome any sin/s that they are easily entangled in (Heb. 12:1).

"And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tablets out of his hands, [AND BRAKE THEM] beneath the mount. And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it." (Exodus 32:19-20)

Moses had discovered that the Israelites had made a graven image of THE ONE TRUE GOD. A man-made "representation" of THE ONE TRUE GOD is a false form of worship because they were worshiping the THE ONE TRUE GOD in the WRONG WAY -- and this is tantamount to IDOLATRY. This kindled the righteous indignation of Moses, and as a result; ALL TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE BROKEN as Moses shattered the tablets at the foot of Har Sinai/Horeb. Idolatry will consequently lead to rebelling against the rest of the Commandments. Our Golden calf will in no doubt lead to an inability to keep the Golden rule (Matt. 7:12) -- let alone, the Greatest Commandment of them all. If the Greatest Commandments [CANNOT BE KEPT], then a habitual practice of breaking the rest of the Commandments will naturally follow the rebellious heart, and then defiance against THE ONE TRUE GOD.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any [GRAVEN IMAGE], or [ANY LIKENESS] of [ANY THING THAT IS IN HEAVEN ABOVE], or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments." (Exodus 20:4-6)

PART 2:

Here is the general outline on what I will be discussing regarding the believers battle with sin. You can also examine their Cross References to get a better understanding of their contexts. 

• Born from above and filled with Divine Love: (Jn. 1:12; 3:3; (Jn. 15:10; 1 Cor. 13:4-7; Eph. 3:17-19; 1 Pet. 4:8; 1 Jn. 4:16; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:5-6; 2 Cor. 5:17; Col. 2:13; 1 Pet. 1:22-23)
  • Insubordination and Submission: (Ps. 68:6; Prov. 28:9; Isa. 63:10; Jer. 5:23; Lk. 6:46; Rom. 8:7; Heb. 3:15; Jas. 1:22)
  • Bad Doctrine/Theology and Ungodly Living: (Matt. 23:1-39; Rom. 16:17-20; 2 Cor. 11:14-15; 1 Tim. 4:1; 2 Tim. 4:3-4; 2 Pet. 3:16; Rev. 22:18-19)
  • Love Conquers Sin: (Rom. 8:28; 37-39; 13:8; 1 Cor. 13:4-8; Gal. 5:14; Col. 3:14; 2 Thess. 3:5; 2 Tim. 1:7; 1 Pet. 1:22; 4:8; 1 Jn. 4:12)
  • Inward Renewal and Obedience: (Ps. 51:6,10; Rom. 2:29; 12:1-2; Col. 3:10-12; 2 Cor. 4:16-18; Eph. 4:23; Gal. 2:20)
  • The Absolute Necessity of Prayer: (Matt. 6:9-13; 21:22; Mk. 11:24; Jn. 14:13-14; 15:7; Rom. 8:26; Eph. 6:18; Phil. 4:6-7; 1 Thess. 5:16-18; Heb. 4:16; Jas. 5:16; 1 Jn. 3:22; 5:14-15)
  • Abiding in the Vine [CHRIST]: (Jn. 8:31; 14:23; 15:4; Rom. 6:1-23; 8:1; Col. 3:1-3; 1 Jn. 2:6; 3:6,15,24; 4:15; 2 Jn. 1:9)
  • Pride and Humility: (2 Chron. 7:14; Prov. 3:34; 11:2; 16:5; 18:12; 29:23; Obad. 1:3; Mic. 6:8; Jas. 4:6-10)
  • Walk in the Spirit: (Ps. 119:105; Rom. 8:14; 2 Cor. 5:7; Gal. 5:16; Eph. 2:10; 5:8,15-16; 1 Jn. 2:6; 3 Jn. 1:3-4)
  • Trusting in The Absolute Sovereignty of Almighty God: (Ps. 9:10; 37:4-6; 56:3; 62:8; 91:1-2; 112:7; 91:1-2; Prov. 3:5; 16:20; 29:25; Josh. 1:9; Nah. 1:7; Isa. 12:2; 26:3; Jer. 17:7-8; Jn. 14:1; Heb. 11:6; 13:6; Jas. 1:6; et al.)
  • Resisting the Devil: (2 Cor. 2:11; Eph. 4:27; 6:12-13; 2 Tim. 2:26; Heb. 2:18; Jas. 4:7; 1 Pet. 5:8-9)
  • Avoiding any type or form of the Occult or Sorcery: (Deut. 18:10-12; 2 Chron. 33:6; Jer. 27:9; Mal. 3:5; Gal. 5:19-21; Rev. 18:23)
  • Confidence in the LORD and NOT Spiritual Overconfidence in ourselves: (Ps. 27:3; Prov. 3:26; Rom. 12:1-3; 1 Cor. 10:12; Phil. 4:4-7; Heb. 10:35-36; 1 Jn. 5:14)
  • Keeping the Commandments and The Joy of the Lord: (Neh. 8:10; Ps. 5:11; 16:11; Jn. 15:11; 16:24; Rom. 12:12; 14:17; 15:13; Gal. 5:22; Phil. 4:4; Jas. 1:2; 1 Pet. 1:8-9)

"Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. Little children, let no man deceive you: [HE THAT DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS RIGHTEOUS], even as he is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for [HIS SEED REMAINETH IN HIM]: and he cannot sin, [BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD]. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: [WHOSOEVER DOETH NOT RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT OF GOD], neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:6-10)

I will be focusing primarily on the doctrine of sin (Hamartiology); but there are theological subsets contained in Scripture which tie in to the understanding of how one is to live a Holy life pleasing to the LORD through discipline, obedience, and complete submission to His Will. One of the main reasons why there is a decline in morality, purity, and holiness within the church visible today is due to the fact that there are MANY Pastors, evangelists, and preachers alike who are unwilling to discuss the topic of sin out of fear that their listeners will turn their ears away from this crucial Truth and sever ties with them. The Word of God is NOT to be compromised, even if and when these messengers of God feel under the gun. Perhaps they fear persecution; or maybe they are willing to compromise the Truth knowing that there is a high probability that they may "lose" the "respect" of their friends or loved ones -- and those whom they are closely yoked up with. Those who "profess" to love the Lord will be put to the test; and He will separate these hypocrites who were willing to compromise the Word of God rather than having their feet planted firmly on solid ground (cf. Deut. 13:3; Matt. 10:32-33; Mk. 8:38; 2 Tim. 1:8; 1 Pet. 4:16).

"Thy word [HAVE I HID] (Heb. "tsaphan" צָפַן; "to treasure up") in mine heart, that I might [NOT SIN] against thee." (Psalm 119:11)

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by [PRAYER AND SUPPLICATION] with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall [KEEP YOUR HEARTS AND MINDS] through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)
Edited by *Light*