• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Pre-Trib or Post-Trib?

Guest Tej

Thank you all for answering the sleep question many Seven Day Adventist believe in that. I have noticed another debate on another topic in all denominations of Christianity and that's on the pre or post trib. I've heard good arguments . Which do you think ? And please provide bible verses to support your answer. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Guest Tej said:

Thank you all for answering the sleep question many Seven Day Adventist believe in that. I have noticed another debate on another topic in all denominations of Christianity and that's on the pre or post trib. I've heard good arguments . Which do you think ? And please provide bible verses to support your answer. 

Thanks 

I would say that Revelation 3, talking to the Philadelphia church, promised to be kept from that Hour, and also Chapter 4, when John goes up into heaven as a prefigure of the church rapturing out are the 2 best examples for pre trib. I see Mid trib supported by the 2 witnesses resurrecting to God mid trip, and also that the wrath of God starts mid trib, and the church is said to be spare the wrath of God. Post trib fits due to the fact that the second coming is  described to be the same event as what is called the rapture, as those holding to it see God protecting the Church as he did the Jews in Egypt during the plagues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The Church is not mentioned at all in the description of the plagues of the great trib in Rev. 16, so it evidently won't be here.

Personally, I believe the rapture will occur shortly after the beast comes to power. As I believe he will be an extremely charismatic character, he will have a ready explanation for the disappearance of millions of people that the world will believe. Also, the removal of the Christians will clear the way for the mark of the beast to be implemented almost unopposed.  I tend to believe it'll be before the beast commits the "abomination of desolation", as the Christian world would certainly strongly oppose it.