• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

I love this......

The NT actually says much more about the bridegroom than the bride - maybe people should concentrate more on Him?

Mat 9, Mark 2, and Luke 5, all talk about the bridegroom and the "children of the bridechamber". That is interesting. 

As to the time of the future:

Rev 21:

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

9  And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10  And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

The Bride of the Lamb is the city, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from Heaven. At least that is according to Rev 21.

So why exactly are you trying to make a link to the local church?

• Members

It always amazes me how worked up people get about "the bride of Christ", when the Bible doesn't say very much really. 

Then people get all worked up when you say that!

Still worth studying are learning though.

• Members
25 minutes ago, DaveW said:

It always amazes me how worked up people get about "the bride of Christ", when the Bible doesn't say very much really. 

The less the bible talks about something the more people seem to get worked up about it....?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

2 Corinthians 11:2

"For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ."