• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Say no to Mcdonalds

• Members

No, I surely did not say Wal-Mart got more godly, all I said was they changed their mind about not allowing Merry Christmas in their store, which proves the point, the only way to have an effect on a ungodly business is to get in their pocketbook, are should I say, lessen the amount of money that is flowing into their pocketbook.

Disney, I will not have anything to do with anything they make. they sand solid for homosexuals. I fail to understand how any Christians could sent their money on their product or go to their theme parks. We had a topic on that sometime back, a few there be that said they will go to Disney's theme park.

Imagine some Christians children, they will think homosexuality it A-OK because dad and mom takes them to Disney Land and buys them stuff with Disney pasted all over it and buys them all of those movies, cartoons and so forth made by Disney. After all, if Disney stands up for it, in the mind of the child its a great thing. Them when they get a bit older and have more understanding of the Bible, they will say, Oh no, the Bible is wrong on this one.

I agree on being inconsistent, to many parents are inconsistent in front of their children, when they're this way, when the child grows up, they will probably lose their them to the world. Them wonder, where did I go wrong.

Of course they will say, I can't & want deny my child of the things other children have. :roll

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wal-Mart was under assualt by far more than just conservative Christians over the use of the term "Merry Christmas". Even the more liberal Christians, along with most secular conservatives and those Boomers and such who are nostaligic over the term "Merry Christmas" put pressure on Wal-Mart.

The Ford boycott was not the reason for their losses. Other car companies were taking similar losses even though they were not under a boycott. It just happened that economic conditions and other factors were in effect at this time which made it easy to claim the boycott was having a major effect.

As we know, the number of true, biblically born again Christians in America only make up a small percentage of the entire population. When one takes into consideration that only a portion of that small percentage would be a part of a particular boycott it becomes clear that by ourselves we couldn't bring enough monetary loss to a major corporation for them to feel any hurt.

Look at how Billy Sunday closed up scores of saloons in IL, PA, and other places. Not by boycotts, but by the Word of God! :thumb

Guest Guest

[quote="Jerry"]Yes, he got the people saved - and the saloons shut down.[/quote]

:amen: :goodpost: So when are we going to get together, as "true" born-again believers, to take on McDonalds? I am not being sarcastic, BTW...I just think it is about time that America's Christians wake up...and, get marching. :smile Call me a "visionary" but, I am ready!

candlelight

• Members

True John, I've said this time and again on this board when talking about elections and trying to get a true goldy person who will stand solid on the true Word of God. There is not enough people in America that believe that one is saved by grace thru faith, not of self, not of works, to get someone who will take a solid stand that is the only way one can be saved and get them elected president of this nation. For one to get elected president they have to have the vote of the Mormons, Catholics, Pentecostals, and others who believe your saved by works and baptizing.

But we have many who will stand for Christian values who are not saved and or attend a false teaching church who at times will take a stand with the true Christians in some of the boycotts against such things as abortion, standing up for Christmas, and or standing against homosexuality.

Because of them standing up for Christmas Wal-Mart changed their mind, and also Ford did lose sales when the boycott was taking place.

As for this Jerry, McDonald's never gets any of my money.

• Members

I believe if Christians were to actually put their faith in God and vote for godly candidates (at all levels of government) rather than voting for who they think might work out better than some other candidate, that God would show Himself mighty and "reward" our faith with godly candidates being elected.

I believe the same is true of other concerns as well. If we obey God, rather than trying to do things our way, I believe God will work wonders in our midst.

However, it seems most professing Christians in America have a lack of faith. They would rather plot and strategize about "lesser evil" candidates, how to influence judges, how to work to get the "right" Justices on the Supreme Court, how to unite with unbelievers, false Christians and false religionists in order to effect change, and these sort of tactics instead of having faith in God.

Scripture reveals that where there was a lack of faith, Jesus didn't perform many miracles. Where faith was evident, even when among those not of the house of Israel (whom Jesus was specifically reaching out to at that time) Jesus performed great miracles and acknowledged peoples faith.

Is God powerful enough to halt the pro-homosexual movement in America? Is God not capable of ending abortion? Do we have to "help" God by electing the immoral and ungodly; by yoking ourselves with Catholics, Muslims, Mormons or other non-Christians in order to accomplish these things?

With faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains! Imagine what we could do if we truly had faith God WOULD end abortion; that God WOULD halt the rise of homosexual "rights"; that God WOULD grant us moral, godly leaders. What if we had this faith and we committed to constant, fervent prayer about these matters? What if we put our faith into action by obey God in all things instead of relying upon our limited human reasoning?

Would our God ignore tens of thousands of Christians with faith to pray consistently and fervently about these matters? Would our God fail to be with us if we all stepped out in faith, abiding by His Word only, to confront these matters?

• Members

[quote]The Ford boycott was not the reason for their losses. Other car companies were taking similar losses even though they were not under a boycott. It just happened that economic conditions and other factors were in effect at this time which made it easy to claim the boycott was having a major effect.[/quote]
I tend to agree with this. Ford wasn't changing with the times, economically speaking, and they were suffering because of it. Of course, unions don't help at all either.

Guest Guest

[quote="John81"]I believe if Christians were to actually put their faith in God and vote for godly candidates (at all levels of government) rather than voting for who they think might work out better than some other candidate, that God would show Himself mighty and "reward" our faith with godly candidates being elected.

I believe the same is true of other concerns as well. If we obey God, rather than trying to do things our way, I believe God will work wonders in our midst.

However, it seems most professing Christians in America have a lack of faith. They would rather plot and strategize about "lesser evil" candidates, how to influence judges, how to work to get the "right" Justices on the Supreme Court, how to unite with unbelievers, false Christians and false religionists in order to effect change, and these sort of tactics instead of having faith in God.

Scripture reveals that where there was a lack of faith, Jesus didn't perform many miracles. Where faith was evident, even when among those not of the house of Israel (whom Jesus was specifically reaching out to at that time) Jesus performed great miracles and acknowledged peoples faith.

Is God powerful enough to halt the pro-homosexual movement in America? Is God not capable of ending abortion? Do we have to "help" God by electing the immoral and ungodly; by yoking ourselves with Catholics, Muslims, Mormons or other non-Christians in order to accomplish these things?

With faith the size of a mustard seed we can move mountains! Imagine what we could do if we truly had faith God WOULD end abortion; that God WOULD halt the rise of homosexual "rights"; that God WOULD grant us moral, godly leaders. What if we had this faith and we committed to constant, fervent prayer about these matters? What if we put our faith into action by obey God in all things instead of relying upon our limited human reasoning?

Would our God ignore tens of thousands of Christians with faith to pray consistently and fervently about these matters? Would our God fail to be with us if we all stepped out in faith, abiding by His Word only, to confront these matters?[/quote]

:amen: :goodpost: Well stated, John. Again, what is the difference? Christians need to stop complaining. Yes, we need to first have "FAITH"! Then, take a stand!

candlelight

• Members

Check and see how many professing Christens believe your saved by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ, we are the minority in this world, also the minority among professing Christians.

Any man that run for president and stood solid on Fundamental Baptist teaching would get few votes.

• Members

[quote="Revelation3:20"][quote]That's it many would not vote for a man that ran on IFB values but how about one that ran on Christ's values?[/quote]

Looks like a troll. The two are one and the same.[/quote]

No, that's not true at all. Sadly, there are IFB churches in this area that have moved away from traditional IFB stances. Not all IFB churches are alike.

• Members

[quote="Jerry80871852"]Check and see how many professing Christens believe your saved by grace thru faith in Jesus Christ, we are the minority in this world, also the minority among professing Christians.

Any man that run for president and stood solid on Fundamental Baptist teaching would get few votes.[/quote]

Unless that were the man God put forth to test His people with and they rose up and supported him with their prayers, talents, votes and such. God can hand the election to anyone if He chooses to do so. If God's people put their faith in God for such matters I'm confident God would respond.

• Members
As for this Jerry' date=' McDonald's never gets any of my money.[/quote']

Your choice. There are no Bible passages on boycotting companies - so I was simply sharing my opinion on the issue as you were doing.