• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Coming pole shift

• Members
13 hours ago, Invicta said:

Have you have any proof that the Amalekites were the Hyksos?  I have read that before many years ago, that when they attacked the Exodosees in Sinai, they were on their way to Egypt and when Saul attacked them they were on their way out.  But is there any proof?

Two exponents of that view are Prof. Immanuel Velikovsky & Dr. J. Stark.  V gave documentation that said the Amalekites controlled the caravan route leading to & from Egypt to Israel & several other nations with whom they traded by setting up the city of Auris(also known as Avris) astride it, to tax every caravan using that route.(They were forced to use certain routes by the water situation.) Slowly, as years passed, the Egyptians had been whittling down the Amalekites' grip on Egypt, but didn't have the strength to take Auris. But God sent Saul & the Israelis to destroy it, & they killed  everyone there, except its king Agag.(Story in 1 Samuel 15) This did not exterminate all the Amalekites, as we still see them in David's time some 40 years later, but it broke their power in Egypt & removed their taxation of the caravans. That's why some 80 years later, Egypt showed gratitude to Solomon.

According to Stark, those Amalekites were also known as the "Shepherd Kings" & the "Amu", the name of their last Pharaoh. (Agag was king of Auris only.) Velikovsky said that their land had been hit hard by many of the plagues that wrecked Egypt at the Exodus, & that's why they were on the move, as they'd heard Egypt had been hit harder, & was ripe for the picking. Besides, God had chosen to punish Egypt for its enslaving the Israelis after Joseph & the Pharaoh whom he served were dead. Thus, Egypt was ruled by foreigners for 400 years, same amount of time Israel had been in Egypt.

And they weren't on their way out of Egypt when Saul wiped out Auris. However, they were slowly being ousted or killed. The end of Auris ended their finances

The earlier history of Amalek isn't well-known, although God said that at one time they were the first(most-powerful, richest, not 'earliest") of all the nations. They were descended from Esau thru his grandson Amalek. The last Biblical reference  that was possibly about an Amakekite  was the story of Haman in the Book of Esther, who was said to have been an Amalekite.

• Members
On 7/27/2019 at 9:34 AM, robycop3 said:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  The Amalekites were on the move when they & the Israelis brushed by each other in the wilderness. They were on their way to subdue Egypt, which was greatly weakened by the plagues of Exodus. The Amalekites' own land had been hit by many plagues, especially polluted water & vermin. Thwy were called "Hyksos" by the old Egyptians & they remained in Egypt til God started their downfall by having Saul & the Israelis wipe out their main stronghold of Auris in Egypt.  That's why Egypt was so generous with Israel in the days of David & Solomon.  And several North American Indian legends tell of plagues in North America similar to those of the Exodus.

And the Pawnees have a legend about the sun's starting to rise when it noticed a hare had made a trap for it, and so the sun retreated for awhile til the hare grew tired & went away, then it resumed its normal course. If the sun's retrograde movement for Hezekiah occurred around noon, that would correspond with sunrise time in the east of North America. And old Persian legends have stories about calamities similar to those in Exodus.

I read about those various legends in several history books many years ago. Wish I could recall their names. And I've read all of Immanuel Velikovsky's works about the events of the Exodus, which also point out the occurrence of many of its plagues all over the world. That's the one source I can name right now.

None of the references submitted above are scriptural evidence that the 10 Plagues as written by Moses in the book of Exodus was world-wide. Forgive me for being blunt, the information concerning the Amalekites, legend of the Pawnees, Persian legends, and other north American Indian legends are not proof of any kind.

• Members

6 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Two exponents of that view are Prof. Immanuel Velikovsky

Here is a quote from Wikipedia concerning  Professor Immanuel Velikovsky and his theories concerning the Old Testament and science.

"In general, Velikovsky's theories have been ignored or vigorously rejected by the academic community." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Velikovsky

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Alan said:

Here is a quote from Wikipedia concerning  Professor Immanuel Velikovsky and his theories concerning the Old Testament and science.

"In general, Velikovsky's theories have been ignored or vigorously rejected by the academic community." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Velikovsky

His methodology, ignorance of established scientific fact and determination to persist, tend to discredit both his person and his work.

• Members
On 8/12/2019 at 3:21 AM, Alan said:

None of the references submitted above are scriptural evidence that the 10 Plagues as written by Moses in the book of Exodus was world-wide. Forgive me for being blunt, the information concerning the Amalekites, legend of the Pawnees, Persian legends, and other north American Indian legends are not proof of any kind.

Isn't it funny that the Bible often upsets what people want to teach?????

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I don't put a massive amount of stock in the pronouncements of the "scientific community". (The "global warming" scam, for instance.) This same community often rejects SCRIPTURE as untrue, (How many "scientists" believe the sun & moon stood still for Joshua?) despite the fact that archaeology, etc. are proving more & more of Scriptural history narrations as true ?

Thus, we can't lightly dismiss ancient chronicles, nor the theories of people such as Velikovsky as false. Remember, V gave many sources for his intel. I was entirely-skeptical of his stuff as well til I checked out some of the sources he cited, which is now much-easier to do, thanx to the internet. And Wikipedia can be as dubious an intel source as many others.

Remember, V was a Russian Jew who sought to prove certain Scriptural events wrong, such as the sun & moon remaining still for Joshua. he came away as believing all those events to be completely true. And many of his secular "educated guesses", such as the high temperature of Venus' surface, have proven correct.  OF COURSE I don't believe he was 100% correct, but I don't believe he was 100% wrong, either.

While some men may be 99% correct, only SCRIPTURE is 100% correct.

• Members
On 8/11/2019 at 1:38 PM, robycop3 said:

According to Stark, those Amalekites were also known as the "Shepherd Kings" & the "Amu", the name of their last Pharaoh. (Agag was king of Auris only.) Velikovsky said that their land had been hit hard by many of the plagues that wrecked Egypt at the Exodus, & that's why they were on the move, as they'd heard Egypt had been hit harder, & was ripe for the picking. Besides, God had chosen to punish Egypt for its enslaving the Israelis after Joseph & the Pharaoh whom he served were dead. Thus, Egypt was ruled by foreigners for 400 years, same amount of time Israel had been in Egypt.

Josephus mentions them as shepherd kings, but also refers to them as captive shepherds.  I think he was quoting mixed up Egyptian sources.  Also that Moses was their leader.

It may be true that they were the Amalekites.  But against that is Joseph having to eat separately from the Egyptians because the Hebrews were shepherds.