• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Christian Women should be

• Members

Great posts!!! I just think it's quite sad that even in the church these days, women talk about their Godly roles, but then spend more time chasing a career than serving their God and family. On the same point, men do the same thing. Worst part of it all: Society and the public school systems end up raising the children. And this happens as much in Christian homes as in non-believers' homes. :sad

• Members
Great posts!!! I just think it's quite sad that even in the church these days' date=' women talk about their Godly roles, but then spend more time chasing a career than serving their God and family. On the same point, men do the same thing. Worst part of it all: Society and the public school systems end up raising the children. And this happens as much in Christian homes as in non-believers' homes. :sad[/quote']

Ya it truly is sad I see it all the time in my church and lately in my church I have noticed it too. I just got married and quit my job to be a keeper at home and people at my church were questioning me about it and seemed pretty upset. I mean why they be upset if I am only doing what God wants me too. I think people now these days are so blinded on what the Bible says.

• 5 months later...

This world makes women feel unworthy if they aren't working. After I finihed college was married and had my son I stayed home. I reemember crying after a christmas get together over how worhtless I felt. I was happy before the get together. What had changed? Every women I met that night had a career and would ask me what I did or actually what I "was"! Funny to me now but not then. We in the church need other women to encourage this role. Yet so much more we need our husbands to tell us we're valuable. What we're doing is important. I"m sharing only because I remember that feeling of worthlessness and I want you to know what your doing is the most valuable job on earth. Let them argue with God later !!!!! pixiedust P.S Homeschooled thru H.S. and now he's in college. I wouldnt trade that time for anything!!!!

• Members
This world makes women feel unworthy if they aren't working. After I finihed college was married and had my son I stayed home. I reemember crying after a christmas get together over how worhtless I felt. I was happy before the get together. What had changed? Every women I met that night had a career and would ask me what I did or actually what I "was"! Funny to me now but not then. We in the church need other women to encourage this role. Yet so much more we need our husbands to tell us we're valuable. What we're doing is important. I"m sharing only because I remember that feeling of worthlessness and I want you to know what your doing is the most valuable job on earth. Let them argue with God later !!!!! pixiedust P.S Homeschooled thru H.S. and now he's in college. I wouldnt trade that time for anything!!!!

:amen:

It's a shame when a woman is asked what they do and if they say "housewife", those asking say, "oh", in a manner as if the woman just said she's a lazy slug with no life or ambition.

Even among professing Christians it's all too common to hear folks talking down on homemakers, those who have children and actually stay home raising them, homeschoolers, etc.

Praise God for women who give their full attention to their homes! Caring for their husbands, raising their children, being busy about the most important duty God gave them here on earth!

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...