• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What Christian Women should be

• Members

A Woman of God it makes me think of someone who is completely trusting in God for everything someone who follows the bible and goes souly by what it says. I have really been challenged a lot this year about that so I will take the time to go through what the bible says I am putting in three Categories.

[u][b]A Christian Woman should be not that of a harlot.[/b][/u]

Lets take a look at Probverbs 7 and see some of the Characteristics of the harlot.

[b]Probverbs 7:10-12[/b]
10 And, behold, there met him a woman with the attire of an harlot, and subtle of heart.
11 ([u]She is loud and stubborn[/u]; her feet abide not in her house:
12 Now is she without, now in the streets, and lieth in wait at every corner.)

If you look in verse 11 it gives two words to describe her and they are loud and stubborn. Christian women should not be that of a harlot.
[u][b]A Christian Woman Should be Virtuous Women.[/b][/u]

In Probverbs 31 vs 10-31 it describes what a virtuous woman is lets look at these verses.

[b]Probverbs 31vs10-31[/b]
10 Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
14 She is like the merchants' ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
30 Favour is deceitful, and [u]beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.[/u]
31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.

As I read these verses there are so many things that went through my mind and as Women of God we should follow these verses. As I read them in depth I noticed that since my teen years I have grown into more of a virtuous woman and that is the way I like it. My fellow sisters in Christ lets be virtuous women of God. In this text there are verses that don't apply to me because I am single. These verses do get me ready to follow them as I earnestly wait and seek God for the husband he has for me if it is his will for me to have one.

[u][b]A Christian women should be Dressed in modest Apparel.[/b][/u]

Looking at the women of this day and age it is sad because many of them show off so much skin and they want to show off their beauty. Well if you look at the verse above it says beauty is vain but we women should fear God for he knows what is best and what is to come.

Your body is a temple of the holy spirit and it is God's you are not free to do what ever you want because God created you the way you areso why change it there is a verse that refers to that look here and see.

[b]1 Corinthians 6:19[/b]
19What? know ye not that [u]your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?[/u]

There is also another verse that says a woman should adorn themselves in modest Apparel and not worry about treasures on this earth for none of it matters. Lets look at some more verses that talk about being modest.

[b]1 Timothy 2:9-10[/b]
9In like manner also, [u]that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;[/u]

10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

[b]Probverbs 11:22 [/b]
22 As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a fair woman which is without [u]discretion.[/u]

You are probably wondering why I added this verse if I am referring to modesty. Well the Christian woman that dresses in modest apparel shows the have good discretion in clothes and keeping there body a temple for Christ. By dressing in modest apparel you are letting others see what you are really like and you are also being a good influence on the younger Generations. When you wear something think would you want your daughter to wear this? (if you have children). You need to be a good influence and train those who are younger to dress in things that would honor God.

[b]Proverbs 22:6[/b]
6 [u]Train up a child in the way he should go[/u]: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

As women we should be training the younger to be women who are that of the way God wants them to be.

So to conclude I urge you to look at this and think about how you dress. Fellow sisters in Christ are you dressing the way God wants you to? Are you following after God or looking to how the world dresses? Please think about it and maybe this will Challenge you to really be a Godly woman. God wants us truly to be his and in order to be this is another thing I urge women to think about.

• Members

I agree! :goodpost::amen:

Let's not forget these verses either...

Titus 2

1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

• Members
I agree! :goodpost::amen:

Let's not forget these verses either...

Titus 2

1 But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Thank you for those verses there would have been more I would have put but I was only touching on a few things. I have desires to if I ever get married to teach my children in the home. To be a keeper in the home.

Guest Guest

Thank you for those verses there would have been more I would have put but I was only touching on a few things. I have desires to if I ever get married to teach my children in the home. To be a keeper in the home.

:amen::goodpost: Good thread, and great posts! :thumb

Now, if the young men, can go back to being the "awesome" leaders in the homes...that God knows they can be...we will be :clapping: for joy...as Christians in this nation, and world! :amen: BTW, men that are doing a wonderful job... :praise: Keep up the good work, and encourage other men to do the same. :thumb

candlelight

• Members

Behavior is a concrete concept. Attitute, however is more abstract. While behavior will usually conform to attitude, the reverse can often be true as well.

Men tend to think in more concrete terms, but God's instruction to men lean toward the abstract, because that's where we need the most work. We can do things, but having the right attitude about it is something we'll often forget.

Women, however, tend to think more in the abstract. But God's instructions that are specifically toward women, are very concrete. Proberbs 31 isn't about attitudes, it's about very specific behaviors.

Y'see men can hide from those annoying abstract things by keeping busy with concrete things like work, hobbies, etc.

At the same time, women have a tendency to avoid concrete things by talking about abstract things. Talking.

What should a Christian woman be? A woman that does things, not just talks about the ideas, attitudes, feelings, etc.

And a Christian man should be one who allows his actions to come from motives that have been thought about, meditated upon and conformed to scripture. Not just playing the part, but being the part.

Guest Guest
Behavior is a concrete concept. Attitute, however is more abstract. While behavior will usually conform to attitude, the reverse can often be true as well.

Men tend to think in more concrete terms, but God's instruction to men lean toward the abstract, because that's where we need the most work. We can do things, but having the right attitude about it is something we'll often forget.

Women, however, tend to think more in the abstract. But God's instructions that are specifically toward women, are very concrete. Proberbs 31 isn't about attitudes, it's about very specific behaviors.

Y'see men can hide from those annoying abstract things by keeping busy with concrete things like work, hobbies, etc.

At the same time, women have a tendency to avoid concrete things by talking about abstract things. Talking.

What should a Christian woman be? A woman that does things, not just talks about the ideas, attitudes, feelings, etc.

And a Christian man should be one who allows his actions to come from motives that have been thought about, meditated upon and conformed to scripture. Not just playing the part, but being the part.

Well said...Danny. :thumb :goodpost::amen:

candlelight

• Members

Well isn't talking about it a start? Sometimes talking about it helps someone to change. I am not saying it is easy but with God's help we can do anything.

Phil 4vs13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Guest Guest

Well isn't talking about it a start? Sometimes talking about it helps someone to change. I am not saying it is easy but with God's help we can do anything.

Phil 4vs13
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Hello godsgurlie_077. I think what Danny might have been saying is that women talk more than men. Emotions play critical role in this equation. A man just wants to solve a problem. That is why women have girlfriends. teehee.

candlelight

• Members

Hello godsgurlie_077. I think what Danny might have been saying is that women talk more than men. Emotions play critical role in this equation. A man just wants to solve a problem. That is why women have girlfriends. teehee.

candlelight

Oh ok that makes sense then I should have read it better I guess.

• Members

It's interesting but just this week I had a very vivid illustration of what I was talking about. I was hired to manage the affiliate program for a Christian company (it's a low paying part time gig). But this particular company has mostly women working for it. The first thing I noticed was that I was being deluged with chit-chat emails, among which were the occasional emails with actually info for me. They "reply-to-all" on everything and carry on conversations all day.

The next thing I noticed is that their weekly conference call meeting contained info that could easily have been handled via email, and the follow-up notes, had very little info, but they were so gung-ho on talking, in any way allowable, they continued with it.

Then it occured to me I'd seen this before. In the book PayPal Wars, by Eric jackson, he told how the "culture" at PayPal, in the early years was loose, casual and efficient. The fought eBay tooth and nail for the online payment market. EBay had their own online payment service, BillPoint, but anti-trust laws prevented them from outright blocking other service. PayPal was constantly outmaneuvering eBay in maintaining the lead in payment services for eBay users, in spite of eBay's massive size. Finally, surrendering to the inevitable, eBay made an offer to buy PayPal for $1.5 billion.

The PayPal team all got a cut of that, and were encouraged to stay on, but they soon realized that as eBay restrucured PayPal to match it's own "culture" that everything was bogged down in meetings, meetings to plan meetings, meetings to discuss meetings to plan meetings. Most of the original PayPal people left in dusgust.

The CEO of PayPal through most of the "PayPal Wars" leading up to it's acquisition by eBay? Peter Thiel
The CEO of eBay at that time? Meg Whitman

Fortune magazine reports that Peter Thiel along with others from the original PayPal group have founded or invested in dozens of startups with an aggregate value of around $30 billion, among them FaceBook, LinkedIn, Yelp, Digg, and YouTube.

Meg Whitman has since resigned.

• Members

I wanted to pass this along to ya'll because I thought it could put some perspctive on the good and bad in the way men and womed do things. While I find the chit chat among those I work with, online, in my newest gig, annoying, the following, part of that chit-chat, illustrates that while it may not be condicive to an efficient work environment, it can be a very good thing, nonetheless...

I have an urgent prayer request. Sorry. I am just using a RE: to yesterday's email loop. Please forward this to whomever necessary.
I don't know her. I have not read all of her blog posts, but this blogger, Holly Garland, wrote a post this morning that it would be easier to just end her life. I cannot find a lot of details why, but her husband left her, is filing for divorce, and took all of the kids (well, 2 different fathers, but they took all underage children). This woman is desparate. If there is any encouragement you can give her, please email her or comment her.
Her email on her profile is ******. She also has a business addres on her profile: *****.

G*** emailed this blogger and has not heard back as far as I know.

We have all pretty much been to her site and read it now. I was racking my brains on what to do, what would be appropriate and asking the Lord for help. I did not feel comfortable jumping in the middle of someone?s dispute, etc, and was just praying for guidance. It did seem that some sort of intervention should happen, but what.

Finally, ?call the police? popped into my head.

So, I confirmed with G**** and then called the local police department. Naturally, the address pops it into another county, so we were transferred and I told the story again.

They are sending a unit out to do a ?well being check? or a welfare check. We do not know for sure what her address is, my guess is that is her husband?s office ? but I am sure the police can look further than I can on my trusty laptop. This will have them contacting the HUSBAND, since his information is clearly listed on his site, that she links to. I hate to do that, since he has the children with him. And I was reluctant to add to their marital problems by involving him.

But at the same time, what other option do we have?

I asked to remain anonymous and so will not have any idea what the outcome is. They do have my number, as the **** liaison, for now.

Let us all pray that the Lord will quicken both of their hearts and that a miracle will happen in this marriage. And please, please pray for the kids. Sending the police over to check on a mommy that does not live there anymore could be very traumatic for them.

I will post if I hear anymore.

Just wanted to update you on the suicidal blogger. She has since removed her suicidal posts.

I have really been wrestling with this whole thing. I called the police around 11:30 pm Saturday night.

I looked again this morning and read this.

I am thankful that the Lord popped ?Call the police? into my mind, and that I actually obeyed. I am thankful that the police responded.

Please continue pray for this family.

Still not sure what is going on?

Guest Guest

Good morning Danny. :smile Excellent! A wonderful example of a Christian woman listening to the Spirit of the Lord...and, getting involved when probably no one else would have. Talking is good in many instances...especially, this one. Praise God! :amen: Thanks for sharing.

candlelight