• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fake news in a blinded world

• Members

Fake news in a blinded world:

About 20 years ago(during my daily study), I found a verse that answered a question that I had about the future.........
“And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:”
(2 Thessalonians 2:11)

After thoroughly studying the context, realized that in this verse, God explains how the entire world is going to follow the anti-Christ during the tribulation.
Every adult individual, that had rejected the Gospel at the moment of the rapture of the Church, will be given a “strong delusion”, to believe the anti-Christ and will follow him, in his war against Christ.
------------------------
Well, the other day, the Lord gave me a deeper understanding of this truth(kind of like what happened to Daniel 9:1-ff).  This same truth applies to today, as we see the entire world “actually believing” the lies that has become today’s media.
An explanation as to why the wicked of today, are so blinded to the truth, is because of their rejection of Christ and the Bible.

For years I only saw this as pertaining to those people who were left behind at the rapture. But as I studied the context of this passage once again, I found this verse....
“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;”
(2 Thessalonians 2:3)

What we see here, is a result of the "great falling away":
The whole world being blinded, to all "truth".