• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Donnie Romero at it again

• Members

Men fall. I hope he finds the help he needs to be restored in his walk with the Lord, though I would not advocate for his return to any pulpit. I am not certain I understand why he is controversial. I did a search and saw that he took a stand against sodomites. That does not make him controversial in my mind, just naming sin. Under the circumstances--though it by no means excuses him--he looks like it could have been a setup. My prayer is that God will save his marriage and his family. I am glad that God thought of all of us when He had it to be written: "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:16 KJV).

• Members
18 hours ago, Baptist_Bible_Believer said:

Men fall. I hope he finds the help he needs to be restored in his walk with the Lord, though I would not advocate for his return to any pulpit. I am not certain I understand why he is controversial. I did a search and saw that he took a stand against sodomites. That does not make him controversial in my mind, just naming sin. Under the circumstances--though it by no means excuses him--he looks like it could have been a setup. My prayer is that God will save his marriage and his family. I am glad that God thought of all of us when He had it to be written: "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:16 KJV).

rabbit trail. Proverbs 24:16 cannot be divorced from vs 15 of the same chapter. I dont think it means what it is only preached or quoted to mean. 

• Members

"Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me. Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me. I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness. Then she that is mine enemy shall see it, and shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the LORD thy God? mine eyes shall behold her: now shall she be trodden down as the mire of the streets" (Micah 7:7-10 KJV).