• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Friday Church News Notes

• Members
CONGRESSWOMAN SWORN IN ON THOMAS JEFFERSON’S QURAN IS DEEPLY CONFUSED ABOUT AMERICAN HISTORY (Friday Church News Notes, January 11, 2019, www.wayoflife.org, fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) - Rashiba Tlaib, newly elected Democratic congresswoman from Michigan, was sworn into Congress last week on a Quran owned by Thomas Jefferson. She said, “It’s important to me because a lot of Americans have this kind of feeling that Islam is somehow foreign to American history. Muslims were there at the beginning. … Some of our founding fathers knew more about Islam than some members of Congress now ... My faith has centered me. The prophet Mohammed was always talking about freedom and justice” (“Detroit congresswoman to use Jefferson’s Koran,” Detroit Free Press , Dec. 19, 2019). Tlaib is right that some.. Read More

View the full article

• Members

She doesn't realise that Jefferson used that very Quran to plan the defeat of the Muslim pirates.

As long as she can tell the story her way, she will be able to rewrite history, but Jefferson had no respect for Islam - he wanted to know how they could free themselves from blackmail.

She has actually demeaned her religion by using the book that helped their enemies to defeat them, because Jefferson was able to show the reasons they needed to stand against them.