• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

THIS OUGHT TO WARM YOUR HEARTS - FANNY CROSBY

• Members

I enjoyed the video concerning Fanny Crosby and her heart-warming songs.

As I watched, a verse came to my mind, "By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh." Hebrews 11:4. Though dead, Abel, Fanny Crosby, and the multitude of righteous people throughout the ages, famous and not famous, are a living witness to all. God uses the righteous acts, the faith, the gifts and talents, of the righteous long past their departure from this life as a witness of the saving grace of salvation, and the other righteous acts of God, and His son the Lord Jesus, to all who will listen.

• Members

Amen, "he being dead yet speaketh" also comes to mind when I consider all the old books that are posted over on my web site. Back from the day when men still believed the Bible and were not trying to impress folks with their scholarship. Oliver B. Green comes to mind, he just laid out the Word and let the chips fly. Fanny Crosby is alive and well every time I hear one of her hymns. I suppose having passed from this life into the next, we could say that they are actually having the best time of their life!